• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shit-Tier Overlord vs. Top-Tier Goblin Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
When I made Climb's profile this is like the first thing I thought of.

Goblin Slayer comes across Carne Village, and begins slaughtering the summoned goblins there much to the dismay of its citizens. Climb, in the area, hears the commotion, and arrives on the scene to intercept the attacker.

Speed is equalized. Both have all their equipment.

Goblin Slayer (Character) - 9 (Apies, Iapitus, Xueping, Anonymous, LSir, Azzy, Pheonix, Crimson, Bambu)

Climb -

Incon - 1 (Lucius)

Goblin Slayer2
Climb Anime

I honestly thought his name was Cline. Shows what I get for just watching the Anime.

For now I'm gonna vote Gobo Slayer for Healing potions and and a range advantage.

Hmmm, dude can defeat a Tiger? I think I might have a match for the future if I can just get off my ass and finish my revisions

@Apies

To be fair, Climb has much better evasion skills with, well, Evasion, as well as some of his speed boosting abilities. He can also stat amp his strength and durability and increase his weapon's potency.

I will say Gob Slayer has better skills, though, and having a sheild grealtly helps in this match.

Goblin slayer. He has way more experience and isn't afraid to use dirty methods. Climb though only has a few gimmicks and tricks.

Climb could actually close the pure stats advantage using stuff like Evasion, Ability Boost and/or Fortress at the same time.

However GS maintains the proficiency advantage in my eyes, is much more pragmatic and has a mind for being tricky. I go GS.

D62

Jontron probably takes this more times than not. Climb's stat amp abilities seem like they could lessen the severity of the strength disadvantage he appears to be at, but Goblin Slayer being able to consistently strike at range as well as up close, when coupled with the fact he can heal himself with potions from his usual equipment, should provide a pretty damn big advantage before even delving into tactics and skill.

Gobo - 6 (Apies, Iapitus, Xueping, Anonymous, LSir, Azzy)

Overlord is also on my list of shit to watch since its about video games

Can I still vote GS FRA?

yhe

Gobo - 9 (Apies, Iapitus, Xueping, Anonymous, LSir, Azzy, Pheonix, Crimson, Bambu)

Not sure about this. Goblin Slayer equipment (weapon, shield) have very poor quality and climb have very good equipment. Even a good sword will do nothing to a full plate armor if it missed the weak point in the armor. Climb martial arts probably will break GS swords if connected for a few times. I think GS will have an advantage at first but unable to close out the fight and the longer the fight goes on, the harder it'll be for him. As the dual between skilled knight last for a long times (hours) in the middle age era, I'd guest this fight last for similar times.

I vote for inconclusive. Climb should have higher chance because of his better equipment but as this battle took place in Central Park (New York) the people would report to polices and they both would get arrested before the fight reach its conclusion.

Gobo - 9 (Apies, Iapitus, Xueping, Anonymous, LSir, Azzy, Pheonix, Crimson, Bambu)

Incon - 1 (Lucius)

LuciusAterna said:
I vote for inconclusive. Climb should have higher chance because of his better equipment but as this battle took place in Central Park (New York) the people would report to polices and they both would get arrested before the fight reach its conclusion.
I think I can get behind this reasoning. They both get tazed lmao.

Is this possible?

I'm pretty sure the police would have a hard time arresting two people who can outclass large predators and bust through solid stone, but that's just me.

Also I feel like we don't assume the humans in New York City meaningfully interact with the battle, otherwise every Tier 8 battle would probably result in a 7-C/7-B nuke killing them.

I'm not sure this fight is fair, Goblin Hunter is like a hundred times stronger than Climb going by calcs and feats.

Well, it's SBA. Population stays the same.

Sometimes the fight in SBA start by both sides trying to find each other because they have so much attack range that their detection range(mostly vision from naked eyes) can't keep up. Native populations play a big roles there as they allow some character to hide by feigning to be a normal person and assassinated other sides. This times that doesn't happen though. They start 10 meter away. Based on their personality they would start the fight right there. (Some char will try a strategic retreat first)

Goblin Slayer FRA.

Git fuked Climb.

This is a bit out of topic but watching Climb's armor makes me a little cringed... Why would a full plate armor leave some part of the body uncovered... I'd fired the engineer/smith that makes this armor... Despite that, it have higher defense than GS's armor...

I understand GS's armor though. It's not full plate armor and it's the design that reduce the cost of the armor to make it more affordable.

Well, this thread shouldn't be discussing about armor so just ignore my rant here.

Schnee One said:
Is it me or does Blank dislike the MCU? Lol
You wound me Gar, I have faithfully watched every MCU movie since TFA in cinemas on the day it released.

What other group with nukes decide to nuke the city because metahumans fight there ovo

Therefir said:
I'm not sure this fight is fair, Goblin Hunter is like a hundred times stronger than Climb going by calcs and feats.
Climb scales above a tiger. What's the AP for that?

That and he can amp and boost a good number of times, including speed and evasion.

Dargoo Faust said:
Also I feel like we don't assume the humans in New York City meaningfully interact with the battle, otherwise every Tier 8 battle would probably result in a 7-C/7-B nuke killing them.
If normal people doesn't intervene then this is Climb match. Equipment quality does make a huge difference (referring to real world) a badly made iron shield will dent if hited by a sword. Especially if it's martial arts from a Mithril sword. GS's sword would also bented after a while and there're no swords for GS to picked up from. It's New York alterall.

In middle age, noble sometimes will have their son(s) fight against skilled fighter with different quality in equipment to show off and the side with better equipment usually won despite skills difference.

The equipment doesn't really work by that logic tough. He got with enough strenght to break a pillar and he was half dead while his armor wasn't dented at all.

His sword also cyts through people that cut through his shield with ease.

Dargoo Faust said:
A tiger can produce 58680.6 joules of kinetic energy, while the Goblin Slayer is 3514560 joules, the difference is quite big.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
The equipment doesn't really work by that logic tough. He got with enough strenght to break a pillar and he was half dead while his armor wasn't dented at all.

His sword also cyts through people that cut through his shield with ease.
Well, that's true. Let's just say it's magic swords of equivalent quality then. Now GS have higher chance... Can they cut through the armor of each other?

Unless specified we don't assume the police and shit are there. High caliber rifles would be able to penetrate enoigj for lethal blows though.

Op can specify if you want though. I've made matches in places like Anor Londo and The Dreadnaught and said enemies were still there, for instance.

If Climb armor can't protect him GS will win for sure. If it can then Climb still have chance since GS armor didn't protect the whole body. GS will still have an advantage though.

Therefir said:
Dargoo Faust said:
A tiger can produce 58680.6 joules of kinetic energy, while the Goblin Slayer is 3514560 joules, the difference is quite big.
That's.... a 59x difference.

Thanks, Wall level.

I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back