• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are Low 7-C, anything higher is restricted

BoS Shiki and 10% Endeavor Arc Midoriya is Used

Speed is Equalized

Demon King

6c1e8b026efb019ba53309a302bdede7663a3060r1-880-1315v2_uhq.jpg

Future Number 1 Hero:

2a047cad6a3540fb6ef595c8ac1bb6ce.png

Inconclusive:

now for the analysis
AP: Izuku has the advantage being 4,22 kilotons while Shiki is 2,77 kilotons,
analytical prediciton: both have it
mobility: Shiki thanks to his gravity powers which let him great mobility in all surfaces as well in the air
Versatility: Shiki thanks to his gravity powers, which he can attract or move away Izuku, pin him down, shoot gravity bullets etc
Hand to hand combat: definetly Shiki, he demonstrated more skill in this than Izuku

if Izuku somehow use blackwhip to bind Shiki hands, he will be unable to use his powers, however Shiki know his weakness so if he tries to use it, Shiki will just use his gravity powers like the Gravity field to pin Izuku black whip down, or just move away from him

so in the end i vote Shiki

I mean Deku can also amp himself with 15%, it’s still Low 7-C.

also Deku’s analytical prediction is far superior than what I’ve seen on Shiki’s profile. Shiki’s was used on someone equal to him in speed and power (from what I’ve seen), Deku’s could be used on someone who blitzed the entirety of his class and was leagues ahead of him in speed and skill. So his is far superior in skill to Shiki’s (again this is only from what I’ve read)

CQC is also in Izuku’s favor. He’s fights and at times has outpaced people who have practiced martial arts for years (beating Stain and Ojiro, though he was less skilled the. Stain), developed His own fighting style to compensate for his weaknesses within days of learning about it and mastered it soon after, and has consistently fought with people who should reasonably outskill him (Beros’s skill in archery, stains swordsman ship, Overhaul’s years of fighting with his quirk, and Wolframs trained and professional soldiers come to mind.)

Versatility is a mixed bag, on one hand Shiki’s arsenal is boosted by having such a wide array of skills. However Izuku can also keep up himself, Air Force is useful if the fight ever goes to range and given the difference in AP would likely win out against Shiki’s gravity bullets, and can also use air pressure to fly himself up (though only showed as a permanent source of flight in 100% we see him use air bullets to maneuver in the air.) and Black Whip is a godsend in this fight. It’s multiple strands of an energy based whip, and he can simply de summon and re summon more if one gets pinned. Moving and Pulling/Pushing Izuku is kinda worthless given Air Force and black whips uses for ranged combat, and a single grab of black whip is enough to stop Shiki from using his ether gear in this key, meaning that Shiki needs to get consistently lucky And avoid every grab attempt from Izuku to be able to win this fight. Izuku needs to bind his hands once.

my votes on the Broccoli Haired Child

I mean Deku can also amp himself with 15%, it’s still Low 7-C.
Shiki can amp himself either with his incomplete Overdrive

now i will wait for other inputs for Shiki supporters, since long debates are not my forte

Versatility is a mixed bag, on one hand Shiki’s arsenal is boosted by having such a wide array of skills. However Izuku can also keep up himself, Air Force is useful if the fight ever goes to range and given the difference in AP would likely win out against Shiki’s gravity bullets, and can also use air pressure to fly himself up (though only showed as a permanent source of flight in 100% we see him use air bullets to maneuver in the air.) and Black Whip is a godsend in this fight. It’s multiple strands of an energy based whip, and he can simply de summon and re summon more if one gets pinned. Moving and Pulling/Pushing Izuku is kinda worthless given Air Force and black whips uses for ranged combat, and a single grab of black whip is enough to stop Shiki from using his ether gear in this key, meaning that Shiki needs to get consistently lucky And avoid every grab attempt from Izuku to be able to win this fight. Izuku needs to bind his hands once.
I mean midoriya doesn't know that shiki's hands being tied up would remove his ether and i can see midoriya grabbing his body more than his hands since that would likely be easier for him to do

I mean midoriya doesn't know that shiki's hands being tied up would remove his ether and i can see midoriya grabbing his body more than his hands since that would likely be easier for him to do
I mean most of Shiki’s melee attack are punches so
but yeah I do see him more wombo comboing him

Deku's got good maneuverability with Blackwhip and Air Force, but Shiki's is still superior because of how much free movement his gravity Ether Gear gives him in the air, whereas Deku's is still somewhat limited.

Shiki's range is several kilometers with ranged attacks, I looked on Deku's profile and Blackwhip is hundreds of meters. As for 10-15%, it says it's above his 8%, which can destroy huge boulders, so that sounds like tens of meters to hundreds of meters at most.

The combat skill one is honestly a bit of a toss-up. Deku does get really good combat skill feats in the Endeavor Agency Arc, but Shiki is a prodigy when it comes to this, as he mastered his Ether Gear in only a month, when normally an Ether Gear would take several years to master.

Shiki's range is several kilometers with ranged attacks, I looked on Deku's profile and Blackwhip is hundreds of meters. As for 10-15%, it says it's above his 8%, which can destroy huge boulders, so that sounds like tens of meters to hundreds of meters at most.
10-15% are massively superior to that 8%, which is shooting at hundreds of meters away, so their likely in a similar ball park.
The combat skill one is honestly a bit of a toss-up. Deku does get really good combat skill feats in the Endeavor Agency Arc, but Shiki is a prodigy when it comes to this, as he mastered his Ether Gear in only a month, when normally an Ether Gear would take several years to master.
And Deku isn’t a prodigy when it comes to OFA? The only reason he can’t always use it at 100% is because it destroys his body every time it’s used (which is also a good point in his favor,he’s likely to keep fighting no matter what unless it’s a killing blow), He had no knowledge of how to use OFA because he got it just days ago, and the internships took place ~a week after school started which then had him develop and entire technique and master it in the span of a few days.

Alright, so, let’s get into this.

Deku has about 2x advantage in stats that he can make higher by amping to 15%. So immediately Shiki is going to need to hit Deku a lot of times for a long time in order to get a KO. Deku on the other hand just needs to keep peppering Shiki with hits and he’ll go down faster than him.

LS is about equal with Shiki having a slight edge over 10%, but 15% being enough to either close or overtake the gap. Ergo Blackwhip is very effective here.

I’m not seeing a reason Shiki particularly has better mobility? Deku seems to be just as mobile in the air with Blackwhip swinging and propelling himself with Air Pressure.

Range seems to be the main factor people are referring to but I don’t see much reason Deku can’t get close? His mobility by bouncing between buildings while swinging around should be more than enough to get within the required range to fight Shiki, and it’s not like Shiki can keep him at range forever. No gravity attacks I’ve seen are going to hold Deku for long, and eventually he’ll just keep out of his line of sight to get closer for Air Force attacks.

The Hand to Hand arguments are being just straight disrespectful to Deku. Shoot Style by this point is an actual threat and real fighting style, not just him kicking at people. When he incorporated dancing into it along with Air Force he can without question keep up with other skilled fighters, even if he’s a brawler by name. His fights show him fully capable of precise movements as well as bare hand fights like with Flect Turn. Stain who has years of training praised Deku for his quick deductions, he could land a hit on Gran Torino by surprising him with just how smart he is at using the environment while copying moves and even against Bakugo, before he wanted to fight him, he shows awareness to aim for weak points by deflecting his hands and knocking him on his ass. Deku is a hand ti hand fighter for a reason, and though he lacks a “technique,” his quick thinking mid fight more than make up for it many cases.

Shiki is more versatile but nothing he has is hard to understand or predict on Deku’s side. He’s an actual genius at analyzing abilities for all they can do, as well as finding weak points. All he has to figure is to aim for Shiki’s hands then beat him down while restraining him with Blackwhip. He has the pain tolerance to basically ignore most of Shiki’s attacks due to the stat difference so it’s a matter of getting close, which Shiki can’t prevent forever.

Analytical Prediction is also getting glossed over here. From what I’m seeing, they both have a similar feat of predicting someone before they get where they are going to be, but at least for Deku, his feat is a bit more impressive, since he does that exclusively to people that are faster than he is. Against Gran Torino, he analyzed his flight pattern and how he was going to attack him from not even a whole 30 seconds of combat. Against Mirio, he had only about 6 seconds to even KNOW what he did before he immediately could tell where he would pop up from the ground and nearly hit him before Mirio could even register that he had been predicted. So Deku’s analytical prediction is near instant when realizing what someone is capable of, but I won’t make any judgement on Shiki’s since I don’t know the feat he gets it from.

So, my question now is what does Shiki do to counter a lot of this? If he only has gravity moves to keep him locked down, he’s going to push through them. If he tries to out range him, he’s going to swing around and get closer from different angles. In close combat, Deku is hardy and doesn’t back down on top of his ridiculous analysis, so he’s not a slouch there at all. When he gets in range, he suddenly has ranged options against Shiki too, from both his Air Force gloves, Blackwhip and his own kicks, so his whole body is a threat now. He’s got the stat advantage as well as a stamina advantage from what I can tell. So what is Shiki’s game plan?

I guess I can try to argue in favor of Shiki, but I've only read like 3 volumes of it, so any Edens Zero fans, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything here.
Deku has about 2x advantage in stats that he can make higher by amping to 15%. So immediately Shiki is going to need to hit Deku a lot of times for a long time in order to get a KO. Deku on the other hand just needs to keep peppering Shiki with hits and he’ll go down faster than him.
This seems reasonable, though from what I'm seeing, Shiki seems to have durability negation via his gravity ether. With his gravity being able to crush opponents' capillaries and organs. This should allow him to bypass the durability advantage, albeit the AP advantage is still an issue.

LS is about equal with Shiki having a slight edge over 10%, but 15% being enough to either close or overtake the gap. Ergo Blackwhip is very effective here.
Don't have much to disagree with here, though I do have a calculation I'm waiting to get evaluated that would definitely change this.
I’m not seeing a reason Shiki particularly has better mobility? Deku seems to be just as mobile in the air with Blackwhip swinging and propelling himself with Air Pressure.
While I can't speak for Deku, I assume the reason they think Shiki has better mobility is due to Shiki's ability having mastered ether gear, allowing him to leap from/run along walls, "fly", and even dodge rapid-fire mid-air by quickly weaving between dozens to hundreds of bullets while charging at the person doing so. In addition to him being able to change direction mid-air thanks to gravity gear.

shiki-granbell-ether-gear.gif

edens-zero-shiki-granbell.gif

He could potentially create a disadvantage for Deku as well, as he can touch people and either increase their gravity (causing them to fall to the ground) or change the direction of the gravitational pull of someone, causing them to unwillingly float in the air in any direction (Either up, sideways, diagonally, etc.). That isn't to say Deku's screwed if this happens due to Blackwhip, though it would certainly be disorienting. It would also limit his normal movements.
Range seems to be the main factor people are referring to but I don’t see much reason Deku can’t get close? His mobility by bouncing between buildings while swinging around should be more than enough to get within the required range to fight Shiki, and it’s not like Shiki can keep him at range forever. No gravity attacks I’ve seen are going to hold Deku for long, and eventually he’ll just keep out of his line of sight to get closer for Air Force attacks.
At the same rate Deku can close the distance, Shiki can just as easily increase the distance. Besides just straight up 'flying' by changing his direction of gravity, he can just as easily run alongside walls and jump from wall to wall.

As for staying out of sight, how would he go about that?

Regarding the gravity, while it may not keep him pinned (Given Shiki's lifting strength it likely would initially pin Deku down for a little bit), it would still significantly slow him down. Having his gravity magnified to such an insane degree would definitely restrict his movements and mobility. I think you may be underplaying that factor. With more simple movements and being slown down, Shiki can take advantage and outmaneuver and go in for attacks then. Which, given his durability negation that can destroy capillaries followed by organs, isn't going to end well for Izuku.

So, my question now is what does Shiki do to counter a lot of this? If he only has gravity moves to keep him locked down, he’s going to push through them. If he tries to out range him, he’s going to swing around and get closer from different angles. In close combat, Deku is hardy and doesn’t back down on top of his ridiculous analysis, so he’s not a slouch there at all. When he gets in range, he suddenly has ranged options against Shiki too, from both his Air Force gloves, Blackwhip and his own kicks, so his whole body is a threat now. He’s got the stat advantage as well as a stamina advantage from what I can tell. So what is Shiki’s game plan?
The gravity alone is a lot more difficult to manage than it's being depicted here. It not only could logically pin him down at first, but also significantly slow his movements/mobility. In addition to him being able to disorient Deku with it in a magnitude of ways. If he were at some advantage in close quarters, I'd imagine he switches to range which he can easily create with flight, or his insane mobility similar to Deku's. From there he holds an advantage.

I'm not 100% on how quick/effective his durability negation is, but assuming it's even relatively quick, that seems like a huge win-con in his favor, so if there are any more knowledgeable fans of the series would like to clarify on that, it would be much appreciated. Because it does seem quite powerful.

about Shiki dura neg basically by putting someone under gravity for too long, it destroy the victims capillaries or organs, unfortunally he has never used in character,

altough Shiki can make his surroundings lighter by decreasing the gravity around him

Tbh shiki has too many wins because of gravity so it would be better to match him up with a person that resists gravity or has some other win con.

Before I vote, I'm gonna keep a close eye on the thread. I'm sure Kingofwolves is going to respond with arguments of their own soon. Without him using durability negation in character, it's going to be a lot tougher, as that would mean he either won't use it at all, or only uses it as a last resort (A very very effective last resort though). So I think it's really close.

Before I vote, I'm gonna keep a close eye on the thread. I'm sure Kingofwolves is going to respond with arguments of their own soon. Without him using durability negation in character, it's going to be a lot tougher, as that would mean he either won't use it at all, or only uses it as a last resort (A very very effective last resort though). So I think it's really close.
while you wait his input keep reading the manga

At the same rate Deku can close the distance, Shiki can just as easily increase the distance. Besides just straight up 'flying' by changing his direction of gravity, he can just as easily run alongside walls and jump from wall to wall.
I can’t say much to argue against you (I’m not to good at that) I can say that because OP never specified a location, it takes place in Central Park, giving multiple opportunities to swing around the battle field (I guess this also covers line of sight?)

I can’t say much to argue against you (I’m not to good at that) I can say that because OP never specified a location, it takes place in Central Park, giving multiple opportunities to swing around the battle field (I guess this also covers line of sight?)
While that's true, it's stated in SBA that they can both leave the park if they need to. But even assuming the battle takes place in central park, it would be hard as hell to obscure Shiki's sight. I'm not sure if this is taken away at some point, but Shiki has goggles that can see through walls, ceilings, etc, giving him strong x-ray vision:

8.jpeg

9.jpeg

10.jpeg

Obscuring his line of sight with that in mind isn't likely. Whether Deku tries to take cover behind trees or use smokescreen (Unsure if this Deku can use it, but I mentioned it in the chance that he can).

While I can't speak for Deku, I assume the reason they think Shiki has better mobility is due to Shiki's ability having mastered ether gear, allowing him to leap from/run along walls, "fly", and even dodge rapid-fire mid-air by quickly weaving between dozens to hundreds of bullets while charging at the person doing so. In addition to him being able to change direction mid-air thanks to gravity gear.

He could potentially create a disadvantage for Deku as well, as he can touch people and either increase their gravity (causing them to fall to the ground) or change the direction of the gravitational pull of someone, causing them to unwillingly float in the air in any direction (Either up, sideways, diagonally, etc.). That isn't to say Deku's screwed if this happens due to Blackwhip, though it would certainly be disorienting. It would also limit his normal movements.

I guess I can also try and say something on this? Deku’s without blackwhip and Air Force has fought against people who could fly or at least keep themselves airborne (Bakugou comes to mind the best, though we don’t know how they’ve fought with Air Force & Blackwhip vs Explosion), but also his classmates have other abilities that are quite useful for this fight (for his knowledge at least)

Ochako (who he knows quite personally and has fought beside) nullifies gravity completely meaning that if his weight is changed, it probably won’t surprise him to much (I also don’t know how much he uses it on other people).

Last edited:
Ochako nullifies gravity completely meaning that if his weight is changed, it probably won’t surprise him to much (I also don’t know how much he uses it on other people)
I had a feeling Ochako would be used as justification for him having experience with gravity manipulation. While she does have gravity manipulation, it's far less versatile than what Shiki can do. For instance, he can make things lighter or make them effectively weightless just as Ochako, but he can also change the direction of gravitational pull. This is how he 'flies'. But in actuality, he's not flying, he's just falling sideways. Essentially, if he wanted to, he could make Izuku fall sideways or upwards, which would make moving in the opposite direction incredibly hard, because he would now technically be climbing towards Shiki (For example, if Shiki made him start falling to the left, going to what is normally the right, is now for him climbing upwards). Shiki can also on the dime change the direction of said objects or himself affected by the gravity. Increase weight by multiplying the gravity of himself or another, and he can even create gravity bullets/attacks/projectiles that can also be incredibly heavy. So not only does it dish out good damage, but would be exceedingly heavy for the person being hit by it.

Ochako's gravity manip gives him a general idea for sure, I won't underplay the fact that it'd give him some type of past experience. But her abilities pale in comparison to what I've seen from Shiki even early on in the series. So he'd certainly be in for surprises in this battle.

I had a feeling Ochako would be used as justification for him having experience with gravity manipulation. While she does have gravity manipulation, it's far less versatile than what Shiki can do. For instance, he can make things lighter or make them effectively weightless just as Ochako, but he can also change the direction of gravitational pull. This is how he 'flies'. But in actuality, he's not flying, he's just falling sideways. Essentially, if he wanted to, he could make Izuku fall sideways or upwards, which would make moving in the opposite direction incredibly hard, because he would now technically be climbing towards Shiki (For example, if Shiki made him start falling to the left, going to what is normally the right, is now for him climbing upwards). Shiki can also on the dime change the direction of said objects or himself affected by the gravity. Increase weight by multiplying the gravity of himself or another, and he can even create gravity bullets/attacks/projectiles that can also be incredibly heavy. So not only does it dish out good damage, but would be exceedingly heavy for the person being hit by it.

Ochako's gravity manip gives him a general idea for sure, I won't underplay the fact that it'd give him some type of past experience. But her abilities pale in comparison to what I've seen from Shiki even early on in the series. So he'd certainly be in for surprises in this battle.
Yeah that’s why I said not as much (or to much, bad wording) because I have no idea how much Shiki can do (though doesn’t his manipulation have to happen via touch?)

Yeah that’s why I said not as much (or to much, bad wording) because I have no idea how much Shiki can do (though doesn’t his manipulation have to happen via touch?)
Yes, it can be activated through touch. Though he does have moves that work when you're in his vicinity. Here's one that sucks everyone around him into a for lack of better words, gravitational whirlpool:

9.jpg

10.jpg

Of course, he also has long-range options such as gravitational projectiles. Which as stated in his profiles gives him kilometers of range.

Touching is just one way of applying his gravity abilities out of numerous.

Last edited:
Tbh shiki has too many wins because of gravity so it would be better to match him up with a person that resists gravity or has some other win con.
Not really since the resistance in gravity manipulation can be overcame especially what type or how potent the users gravity that the character resists. And shiki is probably one of the skilled gravity users in the wiki and and more than decent potency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back