• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shao Kahn vs. Grey Hulk/Joe Fixit

How does Joe Fixit get past Shao Kahn's vast arsenal of hax exactly? Reality Warping and Soul Manipulation give Shao the win. Also, necro aye

Hulk resists soul manipulation, and can at least resist any reality warping that directly involves matter manipulation, as he resists that on a subatomic level.

Korudo Daio said:
Proof for him being able to resist Soul Manipulation?

Shao Kahn's Reality Warping involves manipulating Space, Time and Dimensional Fabric. How is Hulk going to resist any of that?

Kahndaq Lord said:
Firstly, Resistance to Soul Manipulation is on his profile, meaning it's an ability accepted by the staff. Secondly, Hulk has canonically resisted having his soul devoured by the demon Chernobog. No, I don't have the scans. Someone from Narutoforums did, but the image was since deleted/removed.

Lastly, exactly to what extent can Shao Kahn manipulate reality, and how often does he use it in-character against his opponents? I don't see Resistance to Reality Warping in Liu Kang's profile, and Kang has defeated Khan on more than one occasion.

Shao Kahn's Soul Manipulation has worked on people with resistance to soul manipulation before.

The only way to suppress his soul manipulation is to use divine magic. That's why Shang Tsung got his soul torn apart but not Raiden. But, if he truly resisted Chernabog's soul steal, then that's an extra point for him.

Well, Shao Kahn when he is restricted by the tournament, just uses his sheer strength. Liu Kang only defeated him under the tournament rules and when Shao Kahn truly wasn't at his max. Raiden cooked Liu Kang, only to get clobbered by Khan. But since we are using Unrestricted Shao Kahn here, it's guaranteed that he will use his reality warping, especially if he is losing because as of now, Shao is in the lower range of 5-B compared to Hulk.

How does his reality warping work? He manipulates the fabric of the dimensions, the walls separating the dimensions, space etc. Similar to Raiden and Shinnok. With this, he ignores durability:

https://youtu.be/8YxILfk0XUA

This is a common ability among high tiers in MK. Anyone with it can merge the realms to this level.

As concerns the Soul Manipulation: Shang Tsung, for the record, doesn't have Resistance to Soul Manipulation on his profile, so I'm not sure if that counts in Khan's favor for the whole "stealing souls from people who resist it" thing. Has Shang canonically resisted other soul-stealers, but not Khan?

My question was more along the lines of what has he done to warp individuals, specifically? Warping dimensions is a great feat, I'm not going to deny, I'm just struggling to find a canon instance where an unrestricted Shao Khan has used his reality warping on an individual in combat, rather than just using it to shove together dimensions.

Which, as an aside, if this power is magic-based, Hulk can absorb dark magic and dimensional nexus energies (according to his profile on the wiki; I'm not sure of the source on that, but seeing as Hulk's page is locked, it was undoubtedly added and approved by staff members who saw the original scans). So even if the realms did merge, that could end up benefitting Fixit more than proving a detriment.

Well, in Mortal Kombat, the more souls you consume, the stronger, the faster, the more durable and more resistant you get. Shang has consumed hundreds to thousands of souls up until that point.

When you merge Realms in Mortal Kombat, you end up warping and merging their inhabitants into the victorious realm as well, like in the video i sent. Shao Kahn is usually arrogant and when he is not restricted, but, he can use his reality warping especially in this case. Hulk will eventually overpower Shao in physical stats, since we are using SBA where both characters are willing to kill, Shao Kahn can use his Reality Warping.

Shao Kahn's magic originates from One Being's essence, not a dark magic source, but something abstract and divine. From what i have seen, Hulk can only absorb dark magic and dimensional nexus energies. So, i don't see how Hulk can absorb nor resist that.

That doesn't mean that Shang resists having his own soul torn out of him, though. And, again, Resistance to Soul Manipulation isn't on Shang's profile.

I'll concede on the rest of your points, however. I guess this wasn't as good a match-up as I thought. Is there a 5-B MK character that'd be a better match-up, you think?

Korudo Daio said:
That doesn't mean that Shang resists having his own soul torn out of him, though. And, again, Resistance to Soul Manipulation isn't on Shang's profile.
I'll concede on the rest of your points, however. I guess this wasn't as good a match-up as I thought. Is there a 5-B MK character that'd be a better match-up, you think?
A lot of stuff is left out in some of the MK profiles, One Being is a prime example of this. I might make another revision though.

Well, Raiden would be a good match, because unlike Shao, Raiden, even when he is willing to kill, doesn't use Realm Merge to its full extent. Other than that... we currently have Blaze at Planet level, albeit in a very high scale. So there is that.

Except Raiden is Non-Corporeal in his Unrestricted State, and has Low-Godly Regen that the Hulk can't bypass. It's hard trying to find fair fights. >_>

Blaze seems like a good one. Hulk resists BFR/unwilling teleportation, the only thing is, again, the reality warping/realm merge thing...idk.

Back