• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadows of the Damned CRT

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Alright, so, before I say anything of my own, a lot of this stuff is reusing old research and calcs from @Mr._Bambu who never really used 'em. Used with permission, ofc. Also, Garcia's page is generally a mess, so I'll rework some of the wording, add a quote, stuff like that.

Stats​

AP - Bambu made a calculation, and it's 8-B. Very straightforward.
Speed - Here's a good subsonic feat. Now, I'd calculate it, but considering Johnson is obviously very much not a normal gun, I wanna get some opinions on that beforehand.
Intelligence - I'd say High or Gifted combat skill works, considering he beats Fleming, who's got hundreds of years of experience and is way stronger than him- but it should also be noticed he's fairly uneducated and can barely read.
Stamina - Extremely High sounds about right, considering he can function perfectly while in the midst of having his soul sucked out of his body, nevermind that he had no rest throughout the whole game, killing hundreds of demons
Lifting Strength - Superhuman (Can break through locked doors), possibly Class G (Might be comparable to the Stinky Bird, whose thrown rocks are 5.02e9 cm^3 as calced by Bambu, multiplied by 3.0 g/cm^3, specific weight of basalt, a volcanic stone, gives 15060000000 kg)

Abilities​

Martial Arts - Garcia seems to be a fairly skilled H2H fighter, he can counter people attacking him from behind, and has a few melee takedowns.
Transformation - Johnson can change his body to become various useful tools.
Explosion Manipulation - With Hotshot and Skullblaster
Adhesive Manipulation - With Hotshot (Sticks to surfaces)
Fire Manipulation - (Johnson's default form is a flaming skull bright enough to serve as a torch)
Limited Status Effect Inducement - (Lightshot briefly freezes demons)
Homing Attack - With The Dentist
Dimensional Travel - When breaking sound barrier
Bone Manipulation - Can use bones as ammunition in his weapons. Generally uses demon bones but in theory any will do.
Resistance to Death, Biological and Darkness Manipulation - Resisted the Darkness of Hell, which tears apart humans and that which makes them human. Johnson also gets these and to a higher degree.
Darkness Manip Negation - Can cancel Darkness with Lightshot
Resistance to Possession - Cannot be possessed by any of the demons of the game.
Statistics Enhancement via Red Gems - Are stated to be "performance enhancers" and can raise his stats
Immortality (Type 1, for Johnson)
Healing with Alcoholic Drinks
Breaking the 4th Wall - (Johnson)
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation - (Can survive powerful electric blasts without much issue)
Flight - (Can fly in the paper theater sections) (Note that this one is very iffy and I'm very fine with trashing it, just wanted to bring it up)

Last edited:
I'm against including Flight. I think Lightshot should be considered... well. Light Manip. I don't remember what made me think the Darkness stuff was Soul Manip, probably best to find scans if you can since this was so ******' long ago. If you can't, just Darkness Manip will do.

Lightshot is already light manip on the page (kinda), it just also has these properties.

And finding scans is REALLY hard for this game, there's a whole ass in-game wikipedia about monsters I have zero access to because there is nothing about it on the internet.

Also if anyone's curious in the playthrough I watched for feats and stuff I counted exactly 37 dick jokes, excluding repeated ones and other kinds of sex jokes.

EDIT: Wait, i just realized the darkness protection meter is a condom, 38

EDIT 2: 39

Last edited:
Lightshot is already light manip on the page (kinda), it just also has these properties.

And finding scans is REALLY hard for this game, there's a whole ass in-game wikipedia about monsters I have zero access to because there is nothing about it on the internet.
I didn't know it had a page. Huh.

Yeah, it's real bad, though. Wouldn't have made a CRT otherwise.

Anyway, all I could find was this.

Enough for resistance to Life or Death Manipulation? Oh and idk, Organic Manip? Since it eats flesh

Probably Death Manip, though I can see where I coulda inferred Soul Manip.

Right. How about the "eats flesh of mortals part", absorption? organic/biological manipulation? or just generic durability negation?

I really dunno, Biological Manip is the closest I suppose.

Alright, edited the OP. What's your stance on considering Johnson's bullets comparable to real guns, for speed calcs?

Oh, I think its entirely reasonable.

Yeah I don't think it's too big of an assumption. Anyway, after some days of bumping, considering the obscurity of the game it's probably fine if I apply this, right? (Well, after making the speed calc)

Yeah honestly I don't think you'll get much else in the way of staff unless you harass the poor buggers so this is probably enough.

Bump. Also updated the calculation with movement speed.

Bump, though if you can evaluate my calculation update this can probably be applied.

Bump, and by bump I mean, Bambu I responded to your comment on the calc, and I might as well notify you this way instead of a DM so someone might see this.

Replied and accepted the low-end though I also suggested a different way of calcing it for the future. Cheers lad.

Nice, I'll get to work, hopefully nobody thinks the dick jokes are me vandalizing the page.

It looks fine, I think there's a spot or two that's a wee bit goofy (Weapon Mastery (Johnson), for example) but its fine to publish for now.

Back