• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Heat resistance

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So like do we add this to Servant Physiology page or edit all servant pages to have this added?

Resistance to extreme temperatures, I guess. Pretty sure that can also stay perfectly confortably in very cold places witouth much clothing either.

You could also give Servants resistance to extreme cold temperatures, since they were in LB1 and 2 where it was really cold. Well IDK about LB2 but I know in 1 it was constantly snowing for as much as I could recall of its setting, but I never really heard if they had problems so I could be wrong in some areas.

Either that or do as DMB 1 noted and just have it under Resistance to Extreme Temperatures with the above notes.

I'm okay with this. But this applies to cold as much in heat. Servants like Ishtar, Anastasia and Jane was able to live in planet so cold that even sound was frozen. I'm also into Cosmic Radiations too, they can get out at outer space without any trouble like Lancelot.

Agreed. I also remember Anastasia mentionining something about Antartica not being nearly as cold as her lostbelt when the invasion to Chaldea happened. Which should by all means also give The Chaldea Master Resistance to Extreme Cold as they were there and all.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Agreed. I also remember Anastasia mentionining something about Antartica not being nearly as cold as her lostbelt when the invasion to Chaldea happened. Which should by all means also give The Chaldea Master Resistance to Extreme Cold as they were there and all.

They both had specially designed Mystic Codes to deal with the cold.

BUT, just look at it. Male and Female Fujimaru are the same person, and Female Fujimaru's Mystic Code is a schoolgirl skirt.

No magic is stopping the cold from seeping into THAT.

Therefore, I vote agree.

For heat resistance, there is also the fact that Surtr's sword has a heat value of 4 million degrees celcius which can back it up

Anyway, I agree with the extreme temperature resistance for Ritsuka and servants

So eh do we need more people agreeing on this or can we do the neccary edits?

Tllmbrg said:
So eh do we need more people agreeing on this or can we do the neccary edits?
I think it's enough

Resistance to Cosmic Radiations(Servants can survive in space)

Resistance to Extreme temperatures(Servants can stay in volcanic areas near the lava, even swim in it.)

Resistance to Extreme Cold(Servants unaffected by places of extreme cold, such as Lostbelt 1, which according to Anastacia is a cruel and frigid, comparing to the cold of Antarctica, and claiming it was just a mild environment.
Servants like Jane, Ishtar, and Anastacia are able to live on such a cold planet that the sound has been frozen.)

Is that good?

Btw, The Chaldea Master already has these resistances in his profile, except for Resistance to Cosmic Radiations

Dargoo Faust said:
I could have sworn I've seen a thread where this was brought up before.
Welp now they're getting the upgrade

If I wasn't clear I think this is fine, although I'm not sure what makes it apply to every servant and not just the three who were sitting in the lava.

The fact that it is a Servant thing, just like how none of them are bothered by the Cold of Lostbelt 1, which one of the antagonists says makes Antartica look pathetic.

Mashu isn't even a full Servant and she doesn't care about the cold, while the main protagonist needs custom made clothes to even survive walking around in there.

The fact that it only applies to Servants. Humans became half wolf thingies explicitly because they couldn't bare the cold in Lostbelt 1, and the protagonist needed special clothing. Mashu, on the other hand, only has a spandex and metal armor and says she can't feel the cold while she has her powers. A half naked woman and another with only a kimono are similarly unaffected, and they are all Servants.

This all just ties into the fact Servants are just clumps of energy resembling humans, they don't have biology so things like these are a non issue.

Okay, that still doesn't establish how it applies to all Servants? Just that whatever servants where in Lostbelt 1 could resist the cold there.

I mean, that's untrue by your own admission, if they weren't affected by heat at all then you wouldn't have servants complaining about it.

The fact that, again, this is only a Servant thing. Servants are never shown bothered by stuff like this, while special considerations need to be taken for the Chaldea master. Like the time they had to fight someone with a 4 million degree sword in close proximity without issue.

Complaining and being affected are different things, especially when they are right inside the lava without issue. Or Sieg being near Karna when his weapon is so hot a few kilometers of rock all around get melted into lava in seconds. This is never said to be a special trait of a few of them, Servants in general just rarely ever get affected unless is truly extreme temperatures.

That's not how we give abilities though. "Servants haven't been shown to be affected by heat attacks, therefore Servants can't be affected by heat attacks" doesn't work as a negative isn't proof of a positive. You'd actually need something, even mild, suggesting that all servants uniformly resist these kinds of attacks. Individual or groups of servants having certain feats means nothing as different servants have different capabilities.

Complaining is being affected by heat. It means that their body's temperature is increasing to uncomfortable levels, if their temperature was static than they wouldn't even note it. Again though you're trying to make generalizations from indivdual examples, which plainly doesn't work unless you have better evidence to suggest they all have this capability and to the same degree.

Obviously Servants have different statistics in different areas as a rule of thumb, including durability, so you're already off to a bad start in trying to prove this implicitly.

But this is not a matter of different capabilities, this is just how they are treated in general. There's never any consideration of extreme cold or heat mattering to Servants, even to Mashu who is a normal person bestowed Servant powers, while the Master needs special made gear for him. The moment she loses the powers, she needs a parka to stave off the cold

I am not to a bad start actually, you are just leaning into extreme skepticism. Serenity's endurance is literally one of the lowest in the entire series as far as Servants go - she is still nonchalant about going into Lava. She doesn't have any special skill or ability against heat, she doesn't even use fire like some Servants actually do, and only the absolute weakest of servants, a fraction of them, is less durable than she is. Comparing complaining with actually being affected to a noteworthy degree seems ridiculous.

Servants having different statistics doesn't really change anything here because there isn't a parameter for resistance to temperature

Servants are generally shown as immune to the effects of temperature as a result of their nature, we even have servants like Jack and Jalter Lily going around in the snow unperturbed due to being servants. There isn't anything that implies that these few servants had anything to help them resist the temperatures beyond the normal servant nature, which helps them resist those temperatues

> There's never any consideration of extreme cold or heat mattering to Servants

For the last time, that in of itself isn't a valid argument for giving a character or set of characters a feat or resistance. I'm done explaining extremely basic rules about how our site catalogs feats. I'm not continuing this particular line of discussion, if you want this CRT to be accepted for all servants I'd advise you don't either.

> Mashu who is a normal person bestowed Servant powers, while the Master needs special made gear for him. The moment she loses the powers, she needs a parka to stave off the cold

Neat, that establishes Mash (and I guess by extenent Galahad) has cold resistance.

> Serenity's endurance is literally one of the lowest in the entire series as far as Servants go - she is still nonchalant about going into Lava.

Is this the part where I mention that endurance and heat resistance are two different things or...

> She doesn't have any special skill or ability against heat, she doesn't even use fire like some Servants actually do, and only the absolute weakest of servants, a fraction of them, is less durable than she is.

Her not having a special skill naming her power means literally nothing. Obviously servants can have powers that aren't specially named, and hopefully you're aware of this.

You don't have to use fire to be resistant to it?

Weakest in what regard? Strength? Blunt Durability? What does that have to do with heat resistance, and why is it relevant to other servants in any capacity?

You're saying a bunch of stuff that doesn't actually relate to your claim "all servants have this power". Just give direct evidence if it's seemingly so obvious, giving individual heroic spirit feats doesn't automatically generalize to all heroic spirits.

> Comparing complaining with actually being affected to a noteworthy degree seems ridiculous.

So the goalpost has been shifted to "complaining doesn't mean being affected" to "complaining doesn't mean being affected to a noteworthy degree". Alright.

All I was establishing is that they were affected by the heat, not that it was actively melting their faces off, or that they were even getting first degree burns.

Isnt all servant practically immune to anything thats doesnt have supernatural or mystery in it? Just like how they immune to modern weapon a flame thrower is also a modern weapon tho. I think its fine if this scale to all servant since this just implying anything that doesnt contain supernatural or mystery cannot affect them.

But then IDK how this applied on VSThread since most of the ability come from supernatural power, maybe add Unconventional Immunity?

Paul Frank said:
For heat resistance, there is also the fact that Surtr's sword has a heat value of 4 million degrees celcius which can back it up
Anyway, I agree with the extreme temperature resistance for Ritsuka and servants
They're okay here too.

GLHF22 said:
Isnt all servant practically immune to anything thats doesnt have supernatural or mystery in it? Just like how they immune to modern weapon a flame thrower is also a modern weapon tho. I think its fine if this scale to all servant since this just implying anything that doesnt contain supernatural or mystery cannot affect them.
Normally yes, but Surtr's sword and its heat is literally made of magical energy.

@Dargoo

And for the last time, I don't care. The precedent is obvious. No matter the state of dress of your servants, considerations for the enviroment are never given for them. They are given for you. The characters are aware enough of the danger and hostility of things like extremely high or low heat, and account for it as its obvious by the Master getting special made for them, but this is never brought up with the Servants. One of the adaptations even outright have him ask Mashu, not a full Servant, if her little clothing doesn't do anything to her, and her only question is that she doesn't feel the cold at all. Contrast this to Lostbelt 1, where she needs equipment like the Master when she loses her powers. If you don't find this convincing enough, then that feels like nothing more than a clash of what we consider convincing proof.

And sure, give me an example. What "powers" do specific Servants have that are in no way pointed out by their skills or their noble phantasms? And I am giving you proof, a pattern of occurrences that doesn't happen just once.

If you don't see the pattern here, I can call that nothing but extreme and unnecessary skepticism. I know we are strict about stuff like this, but this borders into "if it's not said outright, no matter the circunstantial evidence, you are wrong".

And no, is not moving the goal posts, is an obvious dissonance of meanings - affected to me from the start meant actually affected in a meaningful way, not just acknowledgement.

GLHF22 said:
But then IDK how this applied on VSThread since most of the ability come from supernatural power, maybe add Unconventional Immunity?
I don't think we should attribue this to none magical things not effecting them, for starters the lava was probably created via magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND3ySpx_mgU&list=PLtJifsYDxDHEWrTXw47WQkfkeTj5mKAyr&index=145 near the end of the video they're in a snowy area abd the whole event in general takes in a large forset so the location doesn't make sense at all, so I think its fair to assume the lava was created or put there via magic unless lava in forsests next to snowy places is a common thing

Also lots of servants use heat based attacks like Karna or that orange Oni Loli and other servants can take them on, so servants wistanding lava in general shouldn't be just to none magical one

The environment of the place is a mess because it is a special made lostbelt or something, plus I believe a lot of the event is just one big reference to a game whose name I don't remember. Goblins and something?

Back