• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, here we go. Palpatine as of Dark Empire, and Sephiroth as of Advent Children. Both are at their best, and speed is equalized. Let's begin, shall we?

Sephiroth:

Palpatine:

Thunder McQueen:

He's far more haxed, has much better Survivability, and has AP stomp worthy advantage (Baseline vs 3 MegaFoe)

Him not having good enough resistance to Sidious's leading move is the only reason he loses

i'm admittedly not a huge expert on star wars legends. I just remember him fighting like that in revenge of the sith.

I still believe if you have more ways of winning and they counter those options, then it should be in that person's favor, first move or otherwise. Unless that's your literally only way of fighting like Professor X.

Y'know what? I'm gonna vote Sephiroth via better everything. He has more instawin abilities, and if Sidious doesn't start off with mindhax, he loses. If Sephiroth stops time, even if Sidious mindhaxes, Sidious loses. Plus something's telling me that most opponents with multiple means of fighting aren't gonna just do that in the middle of combat, and are instead gonna use more combat oriented methods.

Sidious' mere pressence is capable of mindhaxing, actually. Just his hologram was causing Luke headaches and was seducing him into the darkside during DE.

No need. I'm jaded enough to not even question it. I don't know why I bother ;-(

(I'm not mad at you btw. I just reeeeally hate fights that just have to do with hax and only hax. Showiness looks, sounds, and is good. That's why we like things like One Minute Melee.)

I too prefer a good ol' beating. I like hax when it's used like in Journey to the West, to compliment their physical punches. Or in Harry Potter and Skulduggery Pleasent, which are pure distractions to caugh them off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back