• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genericstickman said:
682 just leaves his dream and adapts to being stronger then him
Is it possible for the adaptation of SCP-682 to resist Azathoth's awakening?

I don't think the 682 can kill Azathoth. Azathoth is immortal as well as 682, and is above all concepts, including adaptation, Regenerationn, destruction, overcoming, immortality, immunity, and many others. Thus Azathoth can kill 682.

Perhaps 682 in its true form has more chance.

Genericstickman said:
Yes since as we all know 682 can adapt to anything that isn't alcohol related
Azathoth is beyond anything, even more, what did you mean by "alcohol"?

Dude, that was sarcasm.

The alcohol thing is a reference to a joke story where 682 died from drunk driving.

682 doesn't have a chance in any key. Azathoth is very superior to anything it has ever adapted to. Or anything in SCP for that matter.

Tiering System.

If his max form is 1-B, he can't adapt to High 1-B, 1-A or 0.

The Wright Way said:
Dude, that was sarcasm.

The alcohol thing is a reference to a joke story where 682 died from drunk driving.
Killed by drunk driving but pounded back a bathtub of irish cream like it was nothing

I mean, if Azathoth awakens, all existing concepts and things, including time, space, reality, etc will vanish, and all that will exist in the void is Azathoth. Key phrase : All existing concepts will vanish from his awakening. What examples of concepts exist in his dream? Immortality, adaptation, and many others. I don't know HOW 682 can adpat to something that can erase the very concepts that work in his favor from existence.

Azathoth may have the upper hand in this battle, but if 682 can miraculously adapt out of the dream he's in, the match will most likely be inconclusive.

Dvorak1902 said:
682 doesn't have a chance in any key. Azathoth is very superior to anything it has ever adapted to. Or anything in SCP for that matter.
Tiering System.

If his max form is 1-B, he can't adapt to High 1-B, 1-A or 0.
Tier sucks

This is a stomp. Like, literally, saying that 682 could just adapt to Azathoth is severely downplaying and misunderstanding Azathoth.

What you have to understand about Azathoth is that other fictional universes probably weren't originally included within Azathoth's dream, as per Author's Intent. It's why Azathoth is irrelevant in just about any match-up, since really only Lovecraft's Universe has ever applied to Azathoth's dreams. If he wakes up, it ceases to exist, that is concrete. But what about someone or something that exists outside his dream? IE, every other fictional universe? We don't know, at all, how powerful Azathoth is outside his dream. In fact, everything in his dream could simply be dreamt of by a normal human. I mean, Lovecraft did it in writing all those stories. SCP-682 may be able to adapt to and kill Azathoth, but also he may not. How powerful is Azathoth? All-powerful, in the Lovecraft Universe, considering it's all him dreaming. But what about outside it?

TL;DR, We have literally no information on Azathoth to make actual guesses to him winning or losing in a Vs. Match.

By that logic about 90% of matchups are unnaviable because we need at least 1 of the fighters to be able to leave their fictional verse.

VS Threads are simply hypothetical scenarios where we assume both combatants live in the same fictional verse.

Rodri "Dante" said:
VS Threads are simply hypothetical scenarios where we assume both combatants live in the same fictional verse.
No, not exactly. Vs Threads are hypothetical scenarios where two combatants are put on equal footing in a stated location, and thus comparisons are made at that point. All match-ups Vs Azathoth end up with one question: "Is the other combatant just a concept dreamt of by Azathoth?" If yes, then Azathoth wins instantly. If no, well... the discussion goes nowhere. It's why combatants like Azathoth shouldn't even be used in Vs matches in general: he's redundant to an insane degree.

According to Animationrewind, as always, I know this is getting annoying but I have to state this.

SCP-682 has dimensional travelling capabilities, meaning he could somewhat pay Azathoth a visit in his dimension.

I'm gonna close this before it gets ugly.

It's a stomp anyway, so all the more reason to close this.

If anyone finds this unfair, just read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back