• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682: Biological Mid-Godly?

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
So, it came to my attention that SCP-682's Mid Godly Regenerationn is supposedly "Biological" in this Thread. Weekly insisted that this should get sorted out so here we are.

My Point is: Any form of Godly regen can't be, by its own definition, biological, or any other form of buzzwords used to describe matter.

Opinions?

Planck69 said:
Dude, no. Explain to me how Mid-Godly is biological please.
Because 682 only has biological aspects to it and its stated to be an inherent property of his body

It's absolutely ridiculously stupid, and clearly written by some idiot who has no idea what that even means, but it is legit

But then again Fate haxing Type 4s is a thing, which is also laughable

BTW making a CRT when this will be erased by the forum move is pointless. It will get erased

Schnee One said:
BTW making a CRT when this will be erased by the forum move is pointless. It will get erased
I am aware of that, but Weekly insisted that this should be cleared up with a CTR.

Personally, I think Mid Godly should go, I think it just adapted to the erasure and regen'd what was left and we shouldn't be taking it as literal given we throw away some ability if it doesn't make sense

First Witch said:
If it isnt explained, then why are we taking it as legit? Without explanations behind its mechanism, its a empty buzzword and even worse, as Zach explained above, a Oxymoron.
Tell me, what do you think Mid Godly regen regenerates from? If it isn't literal as stupiud as it is. then what is literally any mid godly regen from

WeeklyBattles said:
Nothing, he doesnt regnerat FROM anything
Good. Is nothingness biological? No? Then what is this shit about the regen being bio-based?

Could be:

Regenerating from your concept,

Regenerating from something outside of your existence that has saved your existence in someway.

Regenerating from anything noncorporal that can exist independend of you.

I sure as hell dont buy someone claiming that something can regenerate their entire biology, something that MID GODLY entails, from their... Biology.

WeeklyBattles said:
Regenerating from your concept is now high-godly actually
If your concept is left over for you to regenerate from it then it's just Mid-Godly. Regenerating even when your concept is destroyed is High-Godly.

Schnee One said:
Type 8 for regen is not Mid Godly and a non corporal essense is low godly.
682 doesnt have type 8 via anything it rgenerates from and it having a non-corporeal essence was removed some time ago

Does it say that he can regenerate from his biology or thanks to his biology, cuz i feel like they are saying that 682 biology allows him to have mid godly, not that he regen from his biology as in, his body or whatever.

There is also the whole "he comes from a different state of matter and laws of reality" thing that could have a relation to his biology.

Can I get a direct quote to the statement?

For all I know the description doesn't say it regenerated biologically, but that it regenerated thanks to its biology.

By that logic, High Elves (Elder Scrolls) are biologically inclined towards magic, so the reality warping is now a biological ability despite depending on holes in reality created by gods that fled from reality.

So ye, can I get a link/quote for context?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
By that logic, High Elves (Elder Scrolls) are biologically inclined towards magic, so the reality warping is now a biological ability despite depending on holes in reality created by gods that fled from reality.
Are they not? I was told that they are

They have an inclination to it by blood, yes. They even bred a human race to be more inclined to magic (Bretons).

That does not mean that magic is biological itself. It is quiet blatantly not, and even stated to be plain warping of reality allowed by magicka, an energy from an alternate universe.

What I'm saying is that someone having a power due to their biology does not make the power biological.

Schnee One said:
It's absolutely ridiculously stupid, and clearly written by some idiot who has no idea what that even means, but it is legit

But then again Fate haxing Type 4s is a thing, which is also laughable
Higher temporal dimensions are a thing

Isn't physical erasure Low godly anyways

Incorrect, because fate having Type 4s does not make it higher dimensional, look at Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry characters. Higher D shit straight up bypasses resistance by transcendence shenanigans.

Moving on to what's actually relevant.

So, does anyone have the quote please..?

Also, type 4 means different rules, not no rules. A type 4 could theoretically be fatehaxed from something that "fits" with it. (Like, European law doesn't apply to America, but American laws still apply). But that really doesn't matter here, and I doubt Rakudai is this.

Yeah idk where the idea that 682's soul/mind was destroyed and regenerated from came from. I'm assuming that the feat that's being referred to is regenerating from 3930's erasure, not 3090 (since 682 never interacts with 3090 and 3090 doesn't erase things). The scan for that interaction is here.

I can buy 682's godly Regenerationn being biological, as it has a higher-D mind that it regenerated from or some technically biological nonsense like that. But there's nothing implying that its soul or higher-D consciousness were affected by 3930, imo.

(Uhh, I agree with it being biological and provided the scan, but still suggested it's low-godly instead of mid-godly, which I thought you disagreed with)

Back