• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-3167 revisions

Mind Manipulation

Well first to start the ability in question is weird in how it is worded or how it affects invdividuals, though it always puts some kind of mental block on people as to not recognize SCP-3167's changes or actions. Big change here is that it's passive and its not limited to it just killing people, anything he does in particular will set this off as evidenced by the Sword Art Online alteration it did

"While individuals affected by SCP-3167 can still perceive installments of the work which take place after the death of the character SCP-3167 has killed, they will insist that it is wildly different from the canonical narrative; however, individuals are unable to read passages verbatim from the apparently altered works. This anomaly can be counteracted with amnestic treatment within the first twenty-four hours of exposure"

The only cure for its effects are amnestics

Conceptual Manipulation?
Now i have no knowledge on what counts or what doesn't for Conceptual manipulation, but 3167 destroyed essentially the concept of the game "Sword Art Online" as its stated that the Internet magically can't handle it or games like it anymore

"The attack by SCP-3167 apparently destroyed the internet's capability to support a virtual reality video game on the same scale as Sword Art Online."

This follows through the real world in SAO as they're unable to play it again and following novels just detail their regular lives

Resistance to Plot Manipulation
So in the SCP universe there are different task forces of the foundation, here in particular it revolves around the "Pataphysics Task Force" which try to contain narrative meta SCP's. They have plot manipulation too and trap people in narrative white spaces. So essentially the person tried to interrogate 3167 and essentially force it down with her own plot manipulation, but it took hold of the plot again in the end seemingly according to plan and then erased her. Here is the passage:

>Caitlyn walked around the conceptually empty space and rolled her shoulders. "We've been chasing after you for yonks, you know that?"

The unusually tall figure

"Oh, no. Don't try to pull that shit on me. I'm going to take control of the narrative every time you try to kill me— my metaphorical metafictional dick is bigger than yours. You might as well talk."

The unusu

"What did I just say?"

>"I've got a record of you doing it right he— oh. Oh shit. He's in the document. He is in this document. The SCP document you are reading right now. Close it. Close it!"

The unusually tall figure with a horrible, white grin raised its backspace key, ready for the kill.

Don't know if this counts as resistance or better plot manipulation, i'm no expert on how these work out.

General Profile cleanup
This is probably the biggest one for me atleast, i want to clean up the profile with better grammar, better wording and reasonings. If there are any other issues let me know

I wanna say something about the Pataphysics thing but a CRT is gonna be made soon and I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Sincerely, the profile is literally powerhungry fanfic. It should be deleted from the site.

Okay, reading through 3167's article...oof, the profile here is extremely inaccurate. For one, 3167 should have two different keys, one for its form as we perceive it, which would be 11-A, and one for its form in a narrative which would be 10-A Physically (Due to grappling with and killing Sherlock Holmes and Varies with Weaponry. His fight with Holmes is the only physical feat he has, everything else is either hax or dura negating weapons.

As for his powers and abilities section, he should have basically what amounts to a hybrid of Reactive Evolution and Weapon Creation as the weapon he is armed with changes relative to the narrative he is in

"Developed the Avada Kedavra spell from Harry Potter to kill Ron Weasley"

JJ laughin' it up

Name of Work: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Series: Harry Potter

Genre: Fantasy/Mystery

Victim: Ron Weasley

SCP-3167 Manifestation: SCP-3167 suddenly manifests in the middle of the Goblet of Fire ceremony, and proceeds to kill Ron with the Avada Kedavera, the killing curse, before apparating away. Ron's death is not immediate; he manages to drag his way to Harry, and whispers, "He said he had your birthday" before dying.

I mean thats not technically incorrect but at the same time its not something 3167 has access to in every narrative it goes into

We're treading on dangerous waters allowing profiles that use abilities that are explicitly from other, unrelated verses.

@Dargoo Thats just the thing, its not something that 3167 has permanently, its powers are entirely dependent on the narrative its placed in

Im working on rewriting the profile as we speak

@Weekly

Disagree with 10-A,, 11-A is fine, i think Varies is better since it was stated to have destroyed 90 narrative Universes, also he probably should still have RW due to its nature and powers afaik.

Not trying to wank, but what about Conceptual manipulation? Does it striking the floor and then making it impossible to have games like it count? Also manipulating conceptually empty space, what is that?

@Dargoo

3167's powers are based on the narrative its in, that's unique to him, pretty much pseudo 682 exclusive to narratives

It didnt literally destroy universes, all it did was cause chain reactions that caused narratives to fall apart

WeeklyBattles said:
It didnt literally destroy universes, all it did was cause chain reactions that caused narratives to fall apart
If that would be the case then they wouldn't have said "Narrative Universes" and just "Narrative canons", i think its literal Universes, but either way i think 11-A + Varies(depending on narrative) is fine

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Thats just the thing, its not something that 3167 has permanently, its powers are entirely dependent on the narrative its placed in
I haven't read 3167's page fully, so how do you know this? I thought it was something like SCP-2786 which has similar powers from doing similar things.

@Weekly

Disagree with a lot of the stuff there, it was never stated that he loses the abilities he gains from narratives, he only ever changes weapons. He is a shapeshifter, it was specifically stated to be such and mentioned it can transform into Cthulu. It should have RW for obvious reasons. Also it making people forget stuff and putting mental blocks on them is not Perception manipulation, it was literally stated that humans need amnestics to cure this effect i.e the mind.

It struck the floor of the tower in SAO, why is he athlete level for killing a human? It was stated that he destroyed 90 narrative Universes, which we treat as actual Universes.

Here is my AP proposal: 11-A/ Varies generally 9-B in narrative/ low 2-C at max.

@Lightin He has never once shwocased the abiliry to use different powers from non specific narratives and given the description of his powers we cannot assume he can

Striking the floor isnt a feat, he shut sao down via hax by making the internet unable to sustain a game as large as sao

He doesnt physically destroy universes, he causes them to fall apart vianchain reaction due to killing a main character which makes the narrative itself lose cohesion and fall apart

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa Because that is what is blatantly stated in the article
Sure, but 3167 should be able to pull them out in appropriate situations, right?

I mean where was it implied that he destroyed the Universes via chain reaction? He took control of an entire white space and manipulates narratives to his will, like he essentially destroyed the concept of SAO within the narrative, which contain Universes too

@Agnaa No, it only gains the powers of the narrative it's in, it doesn't have access to them in other narratives

@Lightin Throughout its entire article my guy. Where was it implied he does it physically? Taking control of a narrative =/= taking control of the universe

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa No, it only gains the powers of the narrative it's in, it doesn't have access to them in other narratives
Yes but I mean, if we know what powers it can manifest in narratives, it should be able to manifest them in the future in similar narratives.

3167 could still have these powers but only one or two at a time, and OP would need to specify which by setting location to a certain type of narrative.

I didn't imply he did it physically, but he destroyed SAO and games like it which contains Universes, also where does it impy it was a chain reaction?

You all realize that he can get pretty much anything from a verse he is in right? Best to keep the abilities he already got, than to have future battles against Masadaverse characters because he can materialize the Longinuz spear or get a Briah

@Agnaa There is no proof that it can though

"The appearance of SCP-3167 varies from narrative to narrative, but its manifestation is announced by a variation of the phrase "The unusually tall figure with a horrible, white grin raised its weapon, ready for the kill" appearing. The 'weapon' specified is the most variable factor, but is consistent with the setting of the narrative— i.e. thaumaturgical items are exclusively used in fantasy stories, while lasers are rare outside of science fiction narratives. In the space of a paragraph, the targeted character is assaulted by SCP-3167, and murdered in a graphic, but narratively logical, fashion. Upon the death of the character, SCP-3167 exits the narrative, an event announced by a variation of the phrase "the deed was done; the figure had collected their latest kill, and turned a new page in their life.""

WeeklyBattles said:
@Lightin He did so by breaking the internet my dude, he didnt destroy the universe
Sword art Online has a Universe in it, also no it didn't break the Internet, it was specifically stated that it destroyed the capability for it to exist and games like it.

Point still stands, its literally stated that he destroyed 90 of them, no implication that it was due to a chain reaction

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa There is no proof that it can though

"The appearance of SCP-3167 varies from narrative to narrative, but its manifestation is announced by a variation of the phrase "The unusually tall figure with a horrible, white grin raised its weapon, ready for the kill" appearing. The 'weapon' specified is the most variable factor, but is consistent with the setting of the narrative— i.e. thaumaturgical items are exclusively used in fantasy stories, while lasers are rare outside of science fiction narratives. In the space of a paragraph, the targeted character is assaulted by SCP-3167, and murdered in a graphic, but narratively logical, fashio. Upon the death of the character, SCP-3167 exits the narrative, an event announced by a variation of the phrase "the deed was done; the figure had collected their latest kill, and turned a new page in their life.""
The bolded parts explain that the weapon's dependent on the narrative. It follows that if it were to go in the same or a similar narrative again it should get the same weapon.

If it were to go into the same narrative it would get the same or similar weaponry and abilities yes but its not going to have Harry Potter spells if it goes into, say, the Hunger Games.

LightinAnt said:
Sword art Online has a Universe in it, also no it didn't break the Internet, it was specifically stated that it destroyed the capability for it to exist and games like it.

Point still stands, its literally stated that he destroyed 90 of them, no implication that it was due to a chain reaction
"the attack by SCP-3167 apparently destroyed the internet's capability to support a virtual reality video game on the same scale as Sword Art Online."

This is not the same thing as destroying the universe, not even remotely close

It destroyed 90 universes by screwing over their narratives, never once has 3167 physically destroyed a universe, that goes against its entire concept as a character assassin

You do realize that he doesn't always kill, as evidenced by SAO where he just destroys the game world right? Its perfectly incharacter for him to destroy a Universe if he showed destroying the game Physically, also yes it counts since he was ingame while he did it and he shut it down from the inside

WeeklyBattles said:
If it were to go into the same narrative it would get the same or similar weaponry and abilities yes but its not going to have Harry Potter spells if it goes into, say, the Hunger Games.
Of course, but SBA allows situations to be different for each character if it puts them in their most powerful. E.g. it can be night and day at the same time if one character's stronger at night and one's stronger at day. So I don't see why we couldn't have battles where the OP says it's in Harry Potter's narrative but 3167's fighting a Hunger Games character.

I think that 3167 should list what narrative each of the powers/abilities are from in the Notable Attacks/Techniques section, and the OP of a thread should specify which one of those narratives is used in the fight.

@Agnaa Yes it would depend entirely on what narrative he is in and that would need to be specified in order for a fight to happen

Everything is in the rewrite for the profile i made

@Lightin Except he didnt physically destroy Sword Art Online, he haxxed it from existence by altering the internet so it couldnt handle SAO existing

He literally struck it with his sword and it ejected players from the game due to it shutting down immediatly all while being ingame, how is that not physica? Anyways it's getting late, i'll be back tommorow

Anyways Weekly, if you're so persistent on everything about it being variable on the narrative then why does he have a 10-A key for killing a Sherlock Holmes character? Why not 4-A for killing Gandalf? Keep it at 11-A +"Varies" and remove the 10-A key

Because the Gandalf in SCP doesn't scale to the actual Gandalf of LotR, while the Sherlock Holmes character could be reasonably assumed to be peak human.

There's a reason why every single piece of fiction that has Cthulu isn't just auto 1-A.

Yeah i know that, i was just making a point that its biased to scale him in one narrative but not in others, he shouldn't scale to random fodder humans and Weekly has been persistent on everything changing on narrative

@Agnaa Its more like the weapon he used is canonically the same weapon that killed Gandalf in the actual movie and book, Durin's Bane's whip

Back