• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scout (Team Fortress 2) vs Tracer (Overwatch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scout is WAY more versatile and haxxed here, has higher LS, and shouldn't be outskilled here, both are extremely hard to catch (Tracer's blinks and rewinds, and Scout's multiple jumps and equipment) so its a matter of when Scout hits Tracer since he directly aims for where her weakspot is. Plus damage reflection makes it really hard to effectively damage Scout without hurting herself in the process. Voting Scout

Scout is WAY more versatile and haxxed here, has higher LS, and shouldn't be outskilled here, both are extremely hard to catch (Tracer's blinks and rewinds, and Scout's multiple jumps and equipment) so its a matter of when Scout hits Tracer since he directly aims for where her weakspot is. Plus damage reflection makes it really hard to effectively damage Scout without hurting herself in the process. Voting Scout
Scout doesn't have his power ups/mvm upgrades btw, only his Base + Optional Equipment minus vaporizing weapons.

neat

both are pretty even in terms of mobility. tracer with her blinks and scout with his double jump and many weapons.

Scout Definitely takes the versatility category with all of his weapons.

Tracer has an AP advantage I believe so that's something.

Skill should also be pretty even with how insanely good both are with dodging multiple attacks easily.

Scout takes stamina. he is able to fight tons of battles for extended periods of time. and can fight normally even hit fatal wounds. though tracer has good stamina aswell

Now for the fight both are gonna last a while. both dodge attacks on the regular casually. they have fast weapons and are generally evenly matched tbh. none of their throwable projectiles are gonna hit both are good enough to avoid stuff like that. this is really close but I see Scout winning more often he can take more damage. most of his weapons can heal him and make him more mobile. and the biggest thing that makes me vote scout is the chrono accelerator. tracer basically has a big shoot me sign on her chest. both should be able to at least get a few hits in on the other and seeing how scout usually aims for the body. I can see him hitting the accelerator and taking out tracer. a single good hit from Widowmaker damaged it and I'm not seeing how tracer can do anything about that. even if he couldn't hit it. hit how long both can go on for and dodge. he should be able to outlast her on limit on blinking and take her out while she is on cooldown. though this would take scout a while he should be able to do it. she is really good with keeping her cooldown in check but she has been shown to mess up and need to recharge in tough situations, and considering how much both are gonna have to be on their toes and dodging the other. she could lose track of it and overheat it. in which scout would then take the victory.

Voting Scout high diff

Last edited:
I think the people voting are failing to understand what Tracer does, and just because Scout has added versatility and Lifting Strength (which wouldn't matter much in a gunfight) doesn't matter if Tracer fully excels at one single thing, and that's being incredibly slippery.

A single look at this should tell people why Scout doesn't have an opportunity to win here.

Every single blink she makes she is spraying Doomfist's shield full of bullets, a protective barrier Scout doesn't have the luxury of possessing. He will be riddled with bullets and as the squishiest member of the cast it will quickly result in death.

You may suggest that Scout could predict Tracer's pathing and catch her off guard, but the problem is that Doomfist is already a close quarters expert on his own and was afforded the time to be able to do such because of his shield.

Even if Scout did get lucky and hit Tracer, it wouldn't be the same as the engagement with Doomfist because he precisely targeted her Chronal Accelerator causing her to be incapacitated as she phased in and out. Tracer would be able to recall and restore any harm done to her and return to blasting Scout.

Arguments including stamina are also misguided, as the fight most certainly won't last long because Scout doesn't have the means to outpace a blinking Tracer, he will be circled and cornered rather easily. The fact that a pointer towards Scout relies on Tracer forgetting how her equipment works is also a touch disengenuous.

Shame on you all.

Tracer wins, 10/10.

You are under estimating how mobile scout is.
He is capable of dodging attacks from multiple directions constantly. Multiple rockets bullets pills arrows ect all coming at him and he is capable of dodging all of it. he can basically fly with all the weapons he has And has multiple ways to heal. Scout mostly shoots for the body so he would more than likely hit the chrono accelerator even if he didn’t he can still wait for her to cooldown. Doom fist made no effort to dodge anything from tracer. Not to mention tracer should already be faster than doom already. Widowmaker was capable of dodging her attacks and she should also be somewhat slower.

Every single blink she makes she is spraying Doomfist's shield full of bullets, a protective barrier Scout doesn't have the luxury of possessing. He will be riddled with bullets and as the squishiest member of the cast it will quickly result in death.

You may suggest that Scout could predict Tracer's pathing and catch her off guard, but the problem is that Doomfist is already a close quarters expert on his own and was afforded the time to be able to do such because of his shield.

Even if Scout did get lucky and hit Tracer, it wouldn't be the same as the engagement with Doomfist because he precisely targeted her Chronal Accelerator causing her to be incapacitated as she phased in and out. Tracer would be able to recall and restore any harm done to her and return to blasting Scout.

Arguments including stamina are also misguided, as the fight most certainly won't last long because Scout doesn't have the means to outpace a blinking Tracer, he will be circled and cornered rather easily. The fact that a pointer towards Scout relies on Tracer forgetting how her equipment works is also a touch disengenuous.

Shame on you all.

Tracer wins, 10/10.
So she managed to spray a guy with bullets who's standing still and she's clearly faster than? You're acting like Scout would be standing still the entire time and has never been in a gun fight before. Speed is also equalized

If Scout manages to get a good meat shot in Tracer is incapped, Scout canonically aims right where her chrono accelerator is, it also got damaged pretty bad by a singular kick from Widowmaker so its not surviving a shotgun blast towards it.

And this last point is assuming Scout wouldn't be attacking back with his own weapons and using his multiple jumps to prevent himself from being cornered like that. Plus if he does end up cornered he'll just drink Bonk and get a speed amp to his reaction and combat speeds.

Doesn't help Tracer also has a MASSIVE AP advantage, merely downscaling from Small Building Level+ scout can't damage her conventionally.

He is capable of dodging attacks from multiple directions constantly. Multiple rockets bullets fire arrows ect all coming at him and he is capable of dodging all of it. he can basically fly with all the weapons he has And has multiple ways to heal. Scout mostly shoots for the body so he would more than likely hit the chrono accelerator even if he didn’t he can still wait for her to cooldown. Doom fist made no effort to dodge anything from tracer. Not to mention tracer should already be faster than doom already. Widowmaker was capable of dodging her attacks and she should also be somewhat slower.
That's cute and all but dodging a spray of bullets by just, moving out of their way when they're at their max range, isn't a feat.

So she managed to spray a guy with bullets who's standing still and she's clearly faster than? You're acting like Scout would be standing still the entire time and has never been in a gun fight before. Speed is also equalized

If Scout manages to get a good meat shot in Tracer is incapped, Scout canonically aims right where her chrono accelerator is, it also got damaged pretty bad by a singular kick from Widowmaker so its not surviving a shotgun blast towards it.

And this last point is assuming Scout wouldn't be attacking back with his own weapons and using his multiple jumps to prevent himself from being cornered like that. Plus if he does end up cornered he'll just drink Bonk and get a speed amp to his reaction and combat speeds.
Tracer downscales from small building level+. Scout can't harm her at all with his AP and she one-shots.

Tracer sparred and trained frequently with Genji, someone more agile than Scout and is also capable of deflecting bullets.

He is capable of dodging attacks from multiple angles constantly.
I'd ask you to demonstrate where this happens in the cinematics but frankly it's irrelevant to my point, Tracer moves too fast while blinking for this to matter. She will be outpacing him every step of the way.

he can basically fly with all the weapons
Genji can double jump as well, and Tracer has dealt with Talon Assassins who are also exceptionally mobile as well, there's no mobility Scout has that Tracer has not had experience with and attempting to suggest otherwise would be a fool's errand, I'm sorry.

Scout mostly shoots for the body so he would more than likely hit the chrono accelerator.
He would have to be capable of actually hitting her first, this is the part you need to focus on, and the idea that he would focus on the piece of what he can only assume is body armor on her body is quite a confusing thought to me.

Doom fist made no effort to dodge anything from tracer.
Because he couldn't, he was having a difficult time reacting to her as is, and he is comparable to her and has an energy shield protecting him.

So she managed to spray a guy with bullets who's standing still and she's clearly faster than?
Doomfist was just fighting with Genji, someone who can deflect bullets and is also in Tracer's speed category, Doomfist is not that much slower than her.

You're acting like Scout would be standing still the entire time and has never been in a gun fight before.
This would be the effective result when she's accelerating herself through time to be much, much faster than him.

If Scout manages to get a good meat shot in Tracer is incapped
She can Recall.

Plus if he does end up cornered he'll just drink Bonk and get a speed amp to his reaction and combat speeds.
He cannot attack after Bonk! consumption.

From the video that was sent it really doesn't look like Doomfist was fazed at all, I don't know where the almost comes from since he fodderized her.
I'm going by the profile, though id probably agree to that wording change that Weekly probably put in knowing him

Doomfist was just fighting with Genji, someone who can deflect bullets and is also in Tracer's speed category, Doomfist is not that much slower than her.

This would be the effective result when she's accelerating herself through time to be much, much faster than him.

She can Recall.

He cannot attack after Bonk! consumption.
Didn't you just say Doomfist couldn't react to Tracer in one of your earlier responses? and being slower than but close too is still slower objectively

I'm pretty sure she can't shoot during Blink

Can she recall when her accelerator is basically broken? Scout still aims for the chest even if they seem to be well defended, His main way to do damage is by hitting the chest so assuming he wouldn't do it because she has something on her chest is weird, especially when he shoots Medic who has something similar on him.

Don't we treat not attacking during Bonk as a game mechanic here?

Tracer downscaling from Doomfist directly seems extremely sus also, there should probably be a revision for that since Weekly isn't trustworthy in the slightest. She did nothing to him besides get one shot

Didn't you just say Doomfist couldn't react to Tracer in one of your earlier responses?
They are in the same speed class, he cannot react to her due to the fact she can constantly blink, accelerating her time.

I'm pretty sure she can't shoot during Blink
Nowhere is this stated or shown, she's doing so just fine.

Can she recall when her accelerator is basically broken?
The Accelerator is armored and not easily broken, a single shot to the chest would not be enough disable it.

Scout still aims for the chest even if they seem to be well defended
Aiming center mass is fine, but directly assuming he plans to target in the Chronal Accelerator would be wrong, as he has no knowledge as to what it is.

It would also require him not to be sprayed down incredibly quickly and also predict where she's going to get a shot off in the first place.

His main way to do damage is by hitting the chest so assuming he wouldn't do it because she has something on her chest is weird, especially when he shoots Medic who has something similar on him.
If your target is armored and you have no way of telling what it is, it doesn't tend to be your first point of attack to strike the part of them that is protected.

Don't we treat not attacking during Bonk as a game mechanic here?
When we only have gameplay to base it off of, there's nothing to contradict otherwise.

Tracer heavily downscales from Doomfist, but the result isn't low enough to be in the same ballpark as Scout's 9-A being near baseline and his utmost peak.

Tracer heavily downscales from Doomfist, but the result isn't low enough to be in the same ballpark as Scout's 9-A being near baseline and his utmost peak.
I'm curious as to why she'd scale at all, she does nothing to him and we don't know how the Winston v Doomfist fight went from what I can tell the profiles say Winston won but the cinematic didn't show any of that, and I'm not sure if Tracer has a feat that'd let her downscale to enraged Winston either

Also if the AP advantage is bad enough to one shot it may be a good idea to switch to MVM Scout and give him more equipment like spells and canteens. Power Ups would probably make it unfair for Tracer

I'm curious as to why she'd scale at all, she does nothing to him and we don't know how the Winston v Doomfist fight went from what I can tell the profiles say Winston won but the cinematic didn't show any of that, and I'm not sure if Tracer has a feat that'd let her downscale to enraged Winston either
Ignore the scaling for just a second and go with her scaling to Soldier: 76 (Walked off 0.008 tons) to Scout's 0.007 tons (critically injured and put out of commission), Tracer would still be tougher than Scout, and my arguments never relied on this fact and instead focused purely on their tactics and abilities. Where they scale is irrelevant to me.

What I can then add is that due to Tracer being able to run Scout around every which way she desires, she can just stick him with a Pulse Bomb and be done with things, he wouldn't be able to shake it off and if we take Bonk! purely as what it is as a reactions and combat speed boost, this wouldn't prevent him from exploding due to it being directly attached to him.

Either way, I do not envision Scout winning in a fight against Tracer, it doesn't sound feasible.

I'd ask you to demonstrate where this happens in the cinematics
His meet the short where he dodged a heavy's minigun, sentry fire, soldier's rocket, and pyro's fire.
Genji can double jump as well, and Tracer has dealt with Talon Assassins who are also exceptionally mobile as well, there's no mobility Scout has that Tracer has not had experience with and attempting to suggest otherwise would be a fool's errand, I'm sorry.
Scout has more than a double jump. he also has the triple jump, the winger that lets him jump higher than normal, the force of nature propels him, and five extra jumps on top of that. talon assassins' are agile but they mostly stick to walls then rush as you don't they?
Because he couldn't, he was having a difficult time reacting to her as is, and he is comparable to her and has an energy shield protecting him.
Because she's faster than him. that's why he needed to use his intelligence to catch them
He could barley catch genji either. it looks like he only got a hit on him because he was distracted with the car, he dodged every other attack from doom. and genji has trouble keeping up with tracer as well
He would have to be capable of actually hitting her first, this is the part you need to focus on, and the idea that he would focus on the piece of what he can only assume is body armor on her body is quite a confusing thought to me.
that's why I brought up stamina. scout can take fatal damage and barley reacts to it. he shoots near the chrono accelerator. getting slammed by widow was able to break it, or atleast incapacitate her.

"Tracer moves too fast while blinking for this to matter. She will be outpacing him every step of the way."
Not if it's a chase. This isn't the death battle scout will not be sitting in one place.

Also this is a 2v1

His meet the short where he dodged a heavy's minigun, sentry fire, soldier's rocket, and pyro's fire.
These are not even remotely comparable, I urge you to be more honest.

Scout has more than a double jump. he also has the triple jump, the winger that lets him jump higher than normal, the force of nature propels him, and five extra jumps on top of that. talon assassins' are agile but they mostly stick to walls then rush as you don't they?
Genji can wall climb, double jump, swift strike, and perform acrobatic maneuvers within his jumps along with being able to deflect, this is much more agile than what Scout could hope to be.

Talon Assassins can move fast enough to effectively blink between walls before rushing their target down.

that's why I brought up stamina. scout can take fatal damage and barley reacts to it.
This is blatantly untrue, being grazed by a rocket caused him to feel immense pain let alone be shot by a bullet, which was enough to kill Sniper.

Not if it's a chase. This isn't the death battle scout will not be sitting in one place.
This isn't a chase because she has blinks.

Yeah, Hanzo is more acrobatic then Scout. Just because you can jump a lot doesn't mean you suddenly become more acrobatic then a guy who can scale walls and do what base scout does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back