• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Another CRT from Gews, but this time it isn't on Goosebumps. Felt like wanting to make a CRT on Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark but I haven't gotten around to it until now. As the title suggests, this will mainly go over the few movie profiles we have, and these additions vary from entire profile rewrites to minor ability additions.

1. Movie Harold Key Separation: While working on the Goosebumps verse I have been separating pages where there was a key for a characters movie incarnation instead of them having their own profile. Might as well do the same for Harold over here. You can check that out in this blog here.

2. The Jangly Man: The profile hasn't aged very well when I was gone, so I might as well do something with that too. You can see his rewrite here.

3. A new ability and weakness: I have been brainstorming for new stuff for them, and the final conclusion was a single ability and a single weakness

*The former: Technology Manipulation: A common trait whenever a monster is around in the movie is that the electricity ***** up. Like the power cuts out for the entire building or lights begin to flicker as seen with The Jangly Man and with "The Monster", lights also flicker in the hospital scene with The Pale Lady but that example is iffy. The other two monsters of Sarah Bellows (Harold and The Pale Lady) can likely also have this ability, as you could say they are comparable to the monsters listed above.

*The latter: In the movie it is implied that Sarah Bellows and her monsters are connected in a way. Like when her spirit was put to rest the monsters that were still out (that being The Jangly Man) died (you can see that entire clip here), not sure if this was just a weakness that they have or a justification for type 8 Immortality.

4. The Monster: Just the name of the profile. It was never actually called "The Monster" in the movie, but it was called a corpse. I think renaming it to "The Corpse (Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Movie)" makes sense. Also we should rename all the profiles of the monsters in the movie to have "(Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark Movie)" in the title to avoid confusion with their book incarnations.

Conclusion

1. The movie key on our Harold profile gets its own profile.

2. The Jangly Man's profile gets revised/updated.

3. All monsters get Technology Manipulation and a new weakness (that may or may not also warrant type 8 Immortality).

"Weaknesses: [X monster name] and the rest of the monsters are connected to Sarah Bellows herself, if her spirit is put to rest they will cease to live and die for good."

4. The Monster profile gets named from "The Monster (Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark)" to "The Corpse (Scary Stories Movies)" and do the same to the other profiles.

Edit: 5. A rewrite of The Pale Lady's profile.

Last edited:
I've planned on fixing Sarah's page, but everything here looks okay.

I've planned on fixing Sarah's page, but everything here looks okay.

Sounds great.

Agreed: 4 (Headless, Roach, Goji and Aly)

Disagreed: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Also just going to go with the idea of the Sarah Bellows being connected to the monsters thing as a weakness rather then a justification of type 8 Immortality. If anyone wants to say otherwise please go ahead and say so.

Also just going to go with the idea of the Sarah Bellows being connected to the monsters thing as a weakness rather then a justification of type 8 Immortality. If anyone wants to say otherwise please go ahead and say so.
With how her powers work it could be interpreted as both, they function within her storytelling, they don't die in the stories but since they are crucial to them it could be assumed that she could either bring them back or keep them from dying.

On the flip side it just means if she's gone they are gone, but in a 1v1 scenario this doesn't mean much.

With how her powers work it could be interpreted as both, they function within her storytelling, they don't die in the stories but since they are crucial to them it could be assumed that she could either bring them back or keep them from dying.

On the flip side it just means if she's gone they are gone, but in a 1v1 scenario this doesn't mean much.

So it would be a good idea to put a "possibly" with this type 8 Immortality that they could have?

If it is decided that they have that ability in the first place that is.

Something like;

"Possibly Immortality (Type 8; The monsters of Sarah Bellows function within her stories and are connected to Sarah Bellows herself, if she ceases to be their stories will end, effectively killing them)"

Last edited:
I trust aly's judgment so whatever she has accepted can be applied.

Sorry but I forgot to mention this bit in the OP, going to bring this up now before this thread gets concluded and while we wait for results about the type 8 Immortality thing.

That being the Pale Lady profile we have on the wiki. It's a mess. So I took the liberty of rewriting that as well, leave your thoughts below.
I don't think the Type 8 needs to state the weakness of it, if we want to condense the information on the page.

I'm also of the personal opinion that what was happening in the scene with the Pale Lady wasn't Teleportation at all, rather an example of Sarah using Spatial Manipulation:

• The hallways, from my recollection, are completely identical, as if they are the same hallway. Chuck is basically being forced to view the same path everywhere he looks.
  • If this were the use of teleportation, the scene could have been made much shorter, as the Pale Lady could have just teleported in front of Chuck instead of choosing to slowly approach and taunt.

I could be wrong though, as this is basically me trying to remember the movie.

I don't think the Type 8 needs to state the weakness of it, if we want to condense the information on the page.

Went ahead and removed it.

I'm also of the personal opinion that what was happening in the scene with the Pale Lady wasn't Teleportation at all, rather an example of Sarah using Spatial Manipulation:

• The hallways, from my recollection, are completely identical, as if they are the same hallway. Chuck is basically being forced to view the same path everywhere he looks.
  • If this were the use of teleportation, the scene could have been made much shorter, as the Pale Lady could have just teleported in front of Chuck instead of choosing to slowly approach and taunt.

Originally I didn't recall either of those happening, but after rewatching the scene I did actually notice that a few hallways appearing and being repeated over and over again throughout the scene. Going to change her Teleportation to Spatial Manipulation.

Last edited:
Some of the shown hallways are different in the scene (watched the scene again to make sure) so I really don't know what you'd put there. That seems to be the only up in the air topic right now.

I suppose spatial manipulation could work, but she does show up in different hallways often as well.

Rewatching the scene again, both Teleportation and Spatial Manipulation both seem to work. The Pale Lady appeared inside some hallways that didn't reappear but at the same time there are like two or three hallways that keep being repeated over and over again.

Can we shorten the proposed name changes? They seem a tad too long. Just saying something like "(Scary Stories Movie)" would be enough, no? In fact, we could even pull a FNAF and just subtitle the appropriate profiles with "(Books)" and "(Movie)," depending on their sources.

Other than that, I'm fine with this.

Can we shorten the proposed name changes? They seem a tad too long. Just saying something like "(Scary Stories Movie)" would be enough, no? In fact, we could even pull a FNAF and just subtitle the appropriate profiles with "(Books)" and "(Movie)," depending on their sources.
That sounds ok to me.

Would The Jangly Man be an exception to that since as far as I know he doesn't have a direct book incarnation?

Last edited:
Edit: Just gave all of the rewrites a small note regarding the reasoning behind their type 8 Immortality and weakness regarding to Sarah Bellows.

"Note: It should be noted that the reasoning behind [X Monster]'s type 8 Immortality & weakness relating to Sarah Bellows can be interpreted as either, or both given how Sarah Bellow's powers work."

8 people have agreed so far, 3 of them are staff members.

Would it be ok to make the changes now or wait for more input?

Jangly Man vs Springtrap when

Last edited:
Is it possible for The Jangly Man to have limitless stamina for the reasoning below/already in the blog?

"(Can remain alive and active when reduced to pieces. Never shows fatigue/tire in the movie, even after consistently hunting the protagonists for long periods of time while withstanding several injuries such as several bullets to the head and being crushed between two vehicles)"

Alright, done adding to the pages, all that is left is the renaming of the pages.

Still want some feedback on the question posted above
Is it possible for The Jangly Man to have limitless stamina for the reasoning below/already in the blog?

"(Can remain alive and active when reduced to pieces. Never shows fatigue/tire in the movie, even after consistently hunting the protagonists for long periods of time while withstanding several injuries such as several bullets to the head and being crushed between two vehicles)"

I am not sure. Just because he never showed any signs of fatigue doesn't mean we should automatically extrapolate his stamina to the highest rating. We only do that when it is explicitly mentioned.

I renamed the pages btw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back