• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sasuke (Naruto) vs Hiei (Yu Yu Hakushou)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoM: IC w/ Intent to Kill

• This is Current Sasuke vs EoS Hiei
  • In honor of the next Death Battle, I want to know what everyone thinks, but just off abilities and skill.
So, in this match, All Starting Stats are Equal (Match not meant to be added).

Who wins?

is this no holds barred? like, can they spam if they really want to kill the other? or this just "kill him and u win"? and base stats only? does that mean that amps can be used?

Lorenzo.r.2nd said:
is this no holds barred? like, can they spam if they really want to kill the other? or this just "kill him and u win"? and base stats only? does that mean that amps can be used?

• No restrictions
  • However they fight in character, but not holding back.
  • Amps can be used.

well, then sasuke can use like, two different reaction time amps, and possibly two other physical ones for speed. then he has the perfect susanoo, which would surely give him the strength edge here. idk about skill, since idk much of hie, but i know both are skilled. sasuke is more hax and just has more stuff to use. i wanna say him

sasuke is taking this like mid diff, chibaku tensei mastery over all elemets a much better tactican energy absorption better precog

tbh he can even bfr him

Hiei has...experience and quality. That's it. Sasuke has everything else. Versatility, power, hax, intellect, range, etc. Even if they had equal stats, Sasuke would win.

Sasuke is far more intelligent then Hiei. Sasuke eyes allow him to react to Hiei fast moments. Sasuke has a diverse move set where's Hiei does not. Sasuke has better def via susano. Sasuke wins against Hiei easy.

Hiei is a more skilled and experienced fighter, but his arsenal just doesn't compare to Sasuke's, in both versatility and power.

Rinnegan's Deva path can keep hiei's kokuryu ha fire away also, and Hiei's mental powers aren't that special.

I disagree with this claim. Sasuke is one of the best characters from Naruto, like, by far

Honestly, I think it's arguable whether or not Hiei is more skilled than Sasuke in combat...

Edit:

Also, I would agree with anyone who says Kurapika is better written than Sasuke, but Hiei is a stretch.

My List: Kurapika=>Zuko>Sasuke>Hiei

Edward Elric isn't a similar revenge/avenger character type, so I wouldn't compare him.

Sasuke slaps Hiei in a fight but it doesn't erase the fact that Hiei is the more well rounded character. Sasuke is certainly more dynamic but being dynamic can only take you so far...

The difference between the two, at least for me, is that I cared for Hiei and his development all the way through Yu Yu Hakusho. Sasuke, I cared about for most of Part 1 and earlier Part 2. After a while, I just stopped caring about the guy and I found myself rolling my eyes at him after he went to crazy town. Even once he came back from that, I felt nothing but apathy for him.

Actually, that's worst thing a series can do, IMO. Making me not hate a character but become apathetic towards them. At least hate can get a reaction...

Never said they weren't. I just didn't care for them as I got further and further into the series.

But also I've gone on record saying I'm not a fan of Kishimoto's writing during the later part of the series, so make of that what you will.

I don't recall any recognizable qualities in Hiei's character aside from being ultra-edgy. Most people just think of him a better written character than most because he's from an OG series.

Remember that time when sasuke said he wanted to become hokage and then went to wanting to destroy the village again?

But anyways, we getting out of topic, Sasukay FRA

I just found out, I have vrv through my crunchyroll subscription; so I can watch the DB when it comes out today.

We all know who's most likely going to win, but I won't spoil it regardless.

@JohnHendrix212

Completely disagree. Hiei's major defining traits were his ruthlessness, self-interest, determination and loyalty. If he gave a threat, he had every intention of carrying it out as he has the highest body count of the main cast. He also demonstrates that he's willing to go to great lengths to pursue his goals, such as getting the Jagan despite the fact it would knock him from A-Class to Low D-Class. Heck, he literally only gets involved a few times in the plot because Yusuke (his friend) is in danger, despite having no other stakes.

Also, Hiei's character is different between the anime and the manga. Anime, he's a humorless demon who mainly speaks in taunts, threats or disdain. Manga, he actually smiles much more and openly considers Kurama, Yusuke and Kuwabara friends, even if he'd never actually say that to their faces.

Lord Ace900 said:
I can't remember but why did Sasuke wanna destroy the village agai
He found out the truth behind his clans demise was that the Village Elders Forced Itachi to ersdicate them.

I still find it bad that he ignored his brother's final wish to protect the village and instead attempted to destroy the village.

I love how people instantly points out "muhthischaracterisbetter" in an authorative way when said characters, well character weren't even relevant to the fight. It doesn't matter is one character is better than another in your opinion. This is a thread on stats and not character.

The real cal howard said:
I still find it bad that he ignored his brother's final wish to protect the village and instead attempted to destroy the village.
There is context for that. It is not like he was going to destroy the village because of no reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back