• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quibster

She/Her
Both are 6-B

Speed is equalized

Samus has... The Varia Suit, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Spazer Beam, Missile, Super Missiles, Morph Ball, Bombs, Power Bombs, High Jump Boots, Speed Booster, Grapple Beam, X-Ray Scope, and 1 Reserve Tank. Samus has no other equipment.

Note on Samus from her Profile: "Note: Samus does not have all her equipment in any given key, so the specific suit and its armaments should be stated in threads."

Novel Kars has Light Mode. Novel Kars has no notable equipment under his 1st 6-B key, which will be used in this fight. (This also includes Stands, as mentioned in his profile that states: "None Notable").

Battle takes place on Earth, Times Square NYC.

Bounter Hunter: 0

Ultimate Lifeform: 0

Incon: 0

This is 1st Key Novel Kars. He has Light Mode only. No Stands. Though, I may give him Das Boot Ultimate― but I'm kind of unsure as to whether or not that would be a stomp.

Edit: Novel Kars with Das Boot Ultimate is also 6-B, apparently.

If that were true, then why does it say to specify what equipment Samus has during fights.

And in Novel Kars' case, Why does he even have keys if we can't restrict him to any certain key?

According to Samus's profile, I can restrict her to certain equipment. I posted Samus's Profile Note on the beginning thread to show. Have a look-sie.

In Novel Kar's case, I'm just setting him to a key where he doesn't have a stand yet. It's not that I'm restricting his stands, he just doesn't have a stand in the key that has been chosen for this fight. In later keys he does, but not this one.

Back to the thread.

You can restrict his Stands, but the match would be illegible and won't be added. You can only restrict a higher tiered abilities if you want this to be added, like MiHUR.

Exactly.

I'm not really looking for this to be added anyhow. It's more of a "Oh, can Varia Suit Samus beat Novel Kars at his weakest?"

I mean, what can Samus actually do though? I'm not very knowledgeable on the character, but from a quick glance at the profile, I don't really see anything that can put Kars down. Since Samus doesn't have a calc, it's assumed baseline, and Kars is well into one shot range, so he can slap, cut, absorb, etc.

I could cover them all, but that would take too much time, and over... 4 games to cover (Zero Mission, Samus Returns, Super Metroid, and The Other M. In order respectively.) where she's had the Varia Suit, and not counting the Prime Series.

I'll give a rundown of Samus for ya'.

She has Superhuman Stamina, scaling from growing up on the Surface of Zebes, even traversing it's depths twice during the events of Zero Mission, and Super Metroid "near constantly" according to her profile. Zebes has gravity over 960x greater than that of Earth's, and can walk on it's surface even without the Varia Suit on in her Zero Suit, as seen in the game Zero Mission.

One of her most notable weapons would have to be her use of Missiles. These aren't just any ordinary missiles. These missiles are capable of penetrating Mother Brain's shield, which is "made from the same material as that of Zebes' Planetary Shield, which not even standard or high-end tactical missiles capable of destroying countries can break." As mentioned in her profile. She can also fire these in rapidly, as seen in all 4 mentioned games.

However, Kars can manipulate Light with Light Mode in the Novel to such an extent as to being "able to emit numerous explosions and lasers while using this ability as well as creating duplicates that can perform separate actions and explode." As mentioned in Novel Kars' Profile.

This fight, from what I can already see, will be very, very nuclear.

Any thoughts?

Well it'll certainly be explosive, especially since Kars can make doubles of himself as well. But stamina won't be an issue since Kars has infinite stamina.

She doesn't have a calc which means she's baseline and Kars is 98.9 Teratons, which is literally just 1.1 Teratons below 6-A, so she isn't even gonna scratch him. And even if she does she can't get past his regen.

And everything else in her arsenal is something that Kars either already resists, or can just understand. I don't really see a wincon for her.

Not to mention Kars can create mechanical objects with his body, so he could replicate Samus' arsenal.

Back