• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai Jack Speed Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. I was making this thread to see if this feat of Samurai Jack's is possible to calc and possibly upgrade him from Subsonic.

Basically he and the bounty hunters have an entire fight scene in the time it takes a drop of water to fall. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY

At 26 seconds we see the drop of water begin to fall. Then 58 the scene cuts to the drop finally falling. Within the time between that all these actions happen:

• Bounty hunters dig out ground
  • Throw chain at Jack
  • Jack grabs his sword away from chain and pulls bounty hunter
  • Jack performs two slashes
  • Bounty hunter runs small distance and dodges other hunter flying towards him
  • Bounty hunter throws cape
  • Bounty hunter throws knive
  • Cat jumps over a tree and lands to the ground
  • Cat then runs past a bounty hunter before he can catch him
  • Jack dodges two flying knives and the cape
  • Jack performs a slash
  • Hunter performs a slash
  • Jack blocks slash with his sword
  • Jack kicks hunter
  • Jack punches hunter
  • Hunter is thrown back against a tree
  • Another hunter throws spikes at Jack
  • A different hunter looks back
  • Jack catches spikes
  • Bounty hunter runs towards Jack
  • Jack throws spikes at him
  • Other hunter jumps towards Jack from a distance
  • Jack performs a slash
So I am asking if this is at all possible to calculate or quantify. And if so could Jack possibly be upgraded from this? Thank you for any time helping me out.

Rela+, to be exact. Though idk why we don't put that over whatever other feats he has in the series. @Gwyn

Just checked his profile.

It may be considered a bit outlierish so it is left there as a possibily?

I have watched very little of the series so idk either.┬»\_Òâä_/┬»

Mmm, probably. Which is why there's been some problems regarding Jack and the verse being Subsonic.

Welp, I've watched Jack deflect machine guns shot at close range, so he is higher than subsonic; however, there's a lack of Relativistic feats, I only known one, so it could be an outlier.

@Antoniofer There are two that i know of, him dodging sunlight and him tagging a spaceship moving near the speed of light

Jack has 2 Relativistic+ feats when he's heavily exerting himself. And all the "subsonic" things I've seen (please correct me if I'm wrong) have been rather casual.

I think that's consistent enough to make that his straight up rating. But if we must have a low end for him, I think this feat would put that low end above Subsonic if it can be calced.

He react a space ray And He react a Aku's fly speed (I not sure)

So can be 4 relativistic feats

Can somebody assemble the greatest speed feats, with visual evidence, and then ask the calc group members to calculate them?

There are basically three out of the top of my memory, aside from the two Relativistic+ ones.

There's the Water Drop feat. There's the slow-mo bullet. And there's Jack casually slicing bullets from close range (Also in the video I linked).

Matthew Schroeder said:
Jack casually slicing bullets from close range (Also in the video I linked).
The one where he casually blocks each and every round of full automatic fire from a Gatling gun?

Okay here's the thing.

1. Why can't we just accept 2 Relativistic+ feats that Jack does as he's extremely exerting himself? All his bullet dodging feats and such have been highly casual from what I've seen. That seems considerably more consistent than other speed ratings similar media gets.

If someone can bring examples of Jack actually getting tagged by or struggling with Subsonic things, I'd glady concede to that.

2. If nobody is able or willing to calculate this feat, the slow motion bullet feat, the machine gun feat, him effortlessly dodging arrows from super close range etc, yet everyone still agrees the subsonic end is too low, could we perhaps change the speed to an "Unknown. Likely Relativistic+" instead"?

Did you ask someone of the calc group in particular to do the feats? I tend to ask Darkanine and he's been extremely helpful in doing them.

I asked two of them to do so, but they said they weren't able to. You or I could try asking Darkanine I suppose. I agree that he is insanely helpful and active when it comes to calcs.

I think I recall him saying like wanting to be active in calcs or something...maybe.

I could try asking him to come here and see if he could try something unless you want to ask him yourself?

I'm a bit busy and have limited wifi. Also I made a few requests for Dark recently and feel bad about asking him much more lol

You can ask him for now unless you want to wait until I get out of class.

Ryukama said:
Okay here's the thing.
1. Why can't we just accept 2 Relativistic+ feats that Jack does as he's extremely exerting himself? All his bullet dodging feats and such have been highly casual from what I've seen. That seems considerably more consistent than other speed ratings similar media gets.

If someone can bring examples of Jack actually getting tagged by or struggling with Subsonic things, I'd glady concede to that.

2. If nobody is able or willing to calculate this feat, the slow motion bullet feat, the machine gun feat, him effortelly dodging arrows from super close range etc, yet everyone still agrees the subsonic end is too low, could we perhaps change the speed to an "Unknown. Likely Relativistic+" instead"?
I accept it.

I have no problem with it, but would prefer calculations. Feel free to message all of the calc group members + DontTalk, and ask them for help by informing them about this thread.

Well I personally don't see much calcing necessary if there's nothing that can be provided to severely contradict the 2 Relativistic+ feats. But I've already asked a few active Calc Members. I'll also ask Darkanine.

WeeklyBattles said:
There's already a calc for the sunlight dodging feat isnt there?
There's a calc of Jack dodging sunlight (which the profile links to) that got Relativistic+. Along with him tagging a lightspeed ship while nearly at full speed. That's why he's got "likely Relativistic+"

The other calcs are to upgrade Jack's low end "At least Subsonic" part. If we even really need to have that low end. Which personally I'm not sure we do. But I and others think even low end Jack is much higher than Subsonic. And that's what the new calcs are supposed to prove.

I really dont think the low-end is necessary either, but if it's necessary then yeah Subsonic is way too low. Like ive said a before, in the fight where he gets his Subsonic low end feat he blitzed a guy whose attacks are "Faster than any bullet"...

Just "Likely Relativistic+" should be fine.

Well, again, since this is a prominent series, feel free to inform all the calc group members about this thread, if you wish.

We have two bureacrats fine with Relativistic+ Jack (Ant and Azzy), 5 admins alright with it (Matt, Weekly, myself and I believe Ever and Cross), and an admin and discussion moderator at least good with taking off the Subsonic value (Gwyn and Soldier Blue)

I think Jack's Relativistic+ rating is accepted enough among staff to implement now. As a compromise and middle end, I'll be going with Ant's suggestion if "Likely Relativistic+." If anyone has an issue with this they can say so here and I'll undo the edits if the objections are accepted by the majority of staff like this is.

"Likely Relativistic+" sounds fine to me.

I just have one question:
Has someone done the water drop fight feat yet?

With how well known the feat is among VS debating, I would've thought someone at NarutoForums might have. But I couldn't find anything.

No one on this site has. And I asked 3 calc members who were unable to either for personal reasons and/or cause this seemed too difficult to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back