• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sakura: Love and Lightning

Testarossa002

Username Only
This is a hopefully much better remix of my first CRT on this site

Premise
A thread to apply the (in)famous "orders of magnitude" multiplier from the Sakura Hiden Novel. More specifically, for speed.
Without further ado, let's get right into it.

Here's the statement itself
Although he had nine tails, his silhouette was not that of a storied fox spirit. Rather than a beast, he was perhaps more accurately described as a mysterious purple person.“I can’t say the look is very refined, but you’ll soon see that I’m orders of magnitude stronger,” Kido said. His appearance itself was not particularly frightening. But the amount of chakra he was emitting was overwhelming.
"B-but he said stronger, not faster"
I mean, sure.It doesn't matter much as he'll eventually scale above his bear trap jutsu.
Lightning Style! Bear Trap!The circle of electric teeth came snapping at Sakura. In an instant, she determined that she wouldn’t be able to stop it. She realized that the jutsu, now enhanced by the drug, was several orders of magnitude faster and more destructive than when she had seen it before. Unable to retreat and avoid the attack, Sakura leapt forward and slipped through the circle of lightning to dodge the bear trap. The sharp snap behind her told her the trap had closed.

This can go any of 2 ways with the same result.
Either Sai~Part II Sasuke per what's already on the profile
Or
Deidara~Part II Sasuke
I'll be going for the latter here.
Deidara<<Fujin/Raijin<<Base Magire<<<Base Kido<1000x amped Kido
Fujin and Raijin are capable of tagging Sasori and Deidara
Magire is implied capable of dodging an attack from Fujin.
“You’re already bringing them out?!” Ino cried, running over to Sai’s side.“This isn’t the time to be stingy,” Sai said. “We have to finish this quickly and get to Sakura.” Fujin raised its arm and brought an enormous fist down toward Magire. Magire leapt backward to dodge the blow heading straight for him. But Raijin was there at the ready, and its foot came own on Magire’s head. The earth rumbled, and clouds of dust rose up
The only reason he couldn't fully evade was because Raijin blindsided him.
Kido is comparable if not superior to Magire in Base. Then the amped version.

Counterarguments​

“Sakura scales to base Kido and also scales to amped Kido. Definitely not a 1000x amp.”​

She's definitely not at full power at the beginning of the fight for a few reasons
  1. She had just been power nulled by a drug
“I think it would be best if you refrained from doing anything reckless,” Monocle said—most likely the medical ninja Magire. “The injection in your neck was a drug that makes it difficult to knead chakra while simultaneously numbing your muscles. Simply being quiet and resting will allow you to avoid expending excess energy. That is all.”
  1. She had just been psychologically assaulted
“Let her meet Sasuke,” Kido ordered him, watching Sakura out of the corner of his eye.“Stop it.” “Understood,” the man replied. “I said, stop it!” Heedless of Sakura’s cries, the man swallowed the capsule. He wove a sign with both hands. Poof! A puff of smoke rose up, and when it cleared, Sasuke was standing there. Sasuke’s face. And the chakra was Sasuke’s as well. “Ngh!” Sakura quickly averted her eyes. She was ashamed of herself for the way her heart pounded for a moment, albeit unconsciously. “What do you think? Take another look and tell me about the poor quality.” As if I’ll look. Sakura closed her eyes and turned her face away from Kido and the man. As if she would ever look. Soon, she heard footsteps. They were coming toward her. Whoever it was stopped close to her. She opened her eyes a crack and gasped. The fake Sasuke was crouching down and peering at her. Get away from me! Sakura tried to turn her face away again. Then. “I love you, Sakura,” said the fake Sasuke, stroking her hair. “Ngh!” A chill so severe she wanted to cry out raced through her entire body, and she glared at the fake Sasuke. His mouth stretched out into a thin, vulgar smile, the sort of expression that would never cross the face of the real Sasuke. No words came out. Her entire being was filled with rage. Sakura glared very nearly hard enough to set the fake Sasuke on fire as he returned to Kido’s side
  1. Even after 1 and 2, she still had to fight a bunch of enhanced Anbu and was tired at the end of it
Abruptly disappearing, they landed next to Sakura and her friends in the next instant.“I know you must be tired, so I do apologize, but we’ll have you go up against us next,” Kido remarked. “You know, if you’re disappointed at how weak your subordinates are, you could let it show in your face a little,” Sakura said.

"But the issue is still there. Even if she was nerfed, she was still relative to his base. A 1000x amp should be blitzing her with ease"​

I agree. Which is what also happened at first. Completely blitzed her perception
“Don’t worry. I intend not to kill you if possible. Here, at least. But—” In that instant, Kido disappeared. “—if you do die, my apologies.”“Ngh!” She didn’t have time to turn around. She sprang forward and immediately felt a roaring wind at her back. She knew Kido was waving his tails

"But she was dodging his tails."​

Yeah. She has insane analytical prediction. Something that has been drilled into her by Tsunade.

"Even if I agree with that, she was still able to land hits on Kido"​

Great point.
This comes in two stages

Stage 1​

She could only land hits on Kido at first because he let her hit (pun intended) for two reasons:
  1. To show her his regeneration
  2. To make her fall into despair and give up
Like a certain Uchiha
“That is an almost terrifying destructive power. To be able to injure my body when it’s enhanced by the Tailed Beast drug. However…” Kido laughed abruptly. “This takes us back to where we started.”The cracked outer skin was repaired before her eyes and restored to its original form. Sakura gasped. “I suppose you drew Magire and myself apart because he’s a medical ninja,” Kido remarked. “It seems there was no point in that, hmm?” An armor of unusual hardness with the ability to regenerate itself. Topped with nine tails sent out at will, an attack that was impossible to predict. This just gets worse and worse, Sakura thought. Maybe this wasn’t the best idea… But Sakura herself had brought about this situation. This was no time for whining. “Are you going to give up and choose instead to die before Sasuke? Isn’t that how you’d really like to die anyway?” “You’ve got to be kidding.” Sasuke smiled slightly. “If it’s this or dying in front of Sasuke, I choose fighting it out with you here.” “Fighting it out?” Kido grinned. “The only thing you have is ridiculous strength. How do you intend to fight it out with me?” “I’ll just do this!” she cried out, and once again launched her fist. She punched hard at the same place where the crack had been before. She felt a response, the spot where her fist had landed cracking. But the results were the same as before. A small area of the skin peeled away and fell off, but was quickly repaired. “You might have ridiculous strength, but like this, you’re simply ridiculous.” Kido wove a sign with both hands. It was one she’d seen before.
The other he got hit was unexpected
He even remarks that he was just standing there.
Perhaps not expecting that Sakura would step toward him, Kido took another hit from Sakura’s fist.But this time, no cracks appeared. “What? Are you exhausted already?” “Not by a long shot!” she shouted back, and launched her fist once more. A hit. But no cracks. She pulled her arm farther back. “I’m not about to simply stand here and allow you to punch me to your heart’s content,” Kido snarled.

"How then is she supposed to scale for it to work?"​

That's where stage 2 comes in.
She unleashes the byakugo seal

"But wait, byakugou isn't a speed amp"​

First of all, it should be but I digress.
Second of all, it should at least revitalise her to her peak self prior to the 3 nerfs above
There's one other thing
She got emotionally amped because of her feelings for Sasuke. That should at least cancel out nerf number 2 above
“It’s obvious, isn’t it?” Sakura said. “I want to take you down. I won’t let you make a drug or anything out of Sasuke’s eyes. And I’m not letting you make the Tailed Beast drug either. I won’t let you build your military company. That feeling—my feelings—they haven’t changed! So I’ll face off against you, however many times it takes!”
So I’ll tell Sasuke how I feel however many times it takes! …Wait. What? Abruptly, a feeling of love for Sasuke rose up in her heart, knocking her off-balance. Was pummeling Kido’s hard outer skin making her think of her love for Sasuke, a feeling that went unrewarded no matter how many times she told him about it? No. It’s not unrewarded. Sasuke and I have been getting closer bit by bit.
“I’ll see you soon…” They had gotten all the way to that point. And this fight with Kido was the same. Sakura hadn’t abandoned all hope yet. As long as her chakra held out, she intended to keep pummeling him.
After which, she could now tag him even though he was trying to evade her.
Arriving in front of Kido, she hurled her fist at him.Hit! Hit! Hit! she chanted as she beat at her opponent. He tried to dodge her or guard, but she simply and intently continued to strike the same place. She saw a momentary lapse in his guard and grabbed hold of the chance to plunge her fist toward him. The punch that landed was solid.
And it's outrightly stated that she get's amped whenever she thinks of Sasuke
So she scales from here
There's a much shorter line of scaling albeit one would need mental gymnastics almost as long as the Sakura line.
Kido believed Kakashi was a serious opponent even with the drugs in his possession.
But Hatake Kakashi was a serious opponent, one he must not let his guard down around. Kakashi might have had his eyes sleepily half-closed most of the time, but his intuition was sharp when it counted. After all, he already had former Anbu member Sai at work.

"Well, it seems to be due to his sharp intuition rather than combat"​

That may be true but the sentence before this shows that they were indeed planning on using it for both political stuff and doping
We can use the Tailed Beast drug. Kido could feel the power of it. And this meant two things: they could use it for the dosed human beings and for political strategy.
it implies that he knows he's going to have to face kakashi eventually

Please. This section will only be using currently accepted scaling justifications for speed. So, don't bring up anything else (fused momo x2, Jigen x10 etc)
The base values for Kido is Mach 7891 via the scaling outlined in Kido's relevance (see above). "Several orders of Magnitude" is at least 1000. Amped Kido becomes Mach 7981000 or 9.12c
This sandbox is for characters that will have their justification tweaked to accommodate this thread. Everyone else gets a straight value swap only.
Characters like 1 eye Juubidara scale to ~50% of the value (4.56c) off what we currently accept for his scaling in relation to Hagoromo.
Characters like IT Kaguya and the Boruto bros scale to FTL+ (10c) via upscaling massively from the FTL characters.

Credits to the Akatsuki members who looked through and contributed to this.

Have fun and keep it civil
Agree:
Neutral:
Disagree:

Last edited:
Back