• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saberface Fight but it's not Fate (Jean vs Blade)

Since I've recently been interested in Genshin (but am still waiting for it on Switch), I wanted to dabble around with matches

That damn center line kills me
Character_Jean_Portrait.png
BladeiX.png
Eula's better:
(8) Jackof_noTrades068, The_Smashor, Ronin119, Xmark12, Sonicflare9, Popted2, Migue79, XSOULOFCINDERX :Moniqa's better
Inconclusive:​

Rules:

Speed Equal

Jean - 4+ Casual Megatons, has both Aquila Favonia and Favonius Sword

Blade - 3.1+ Megatons, but can Berserk Trigger (No Mid-G Regen) for much more power

Points Brought Up / Obvious Points

Jean

Pros
  • Initial AP Advantage, but the gap closes significantly in Berserk Trigger
  • The following help in the endurance win condition
    • Healing of various kinds, especially D. Breeze
    • Stat increases over time (limited cap, temporary, only works with F. Sword)
    • F. Sword apparently gives a small stamina boost
Cons
  • Dandelion Field is small, “trapping” Jean into staying inside it to reap its benefits, Blade won’t stay there for long with her mobile, chaotic style (the latter in Berserk Trigger), most of her stuff seems to come off it
  • Limited Ranged Options aside from Gale Blade
  • F. Sword is much less durable than Aquila Favonia
  • Sticks to parrying and countering against an aggressive fighter, but Blade’s electricity conduction makes it hard to parry without getting hurt
  • Doesn't use Intangibility/Forcefields in character

Blade
Pros
  • Berserk Trigger's a really big boost, should be enough to be comparable
  • Electrically enhanced sword attacks make sword clashing go in her favor due to metal’s conductivity
    • Jean’s Bladework combining wind with her attacks insulates, and she doesn’t need direct contact
  • Extreme stamina advantage. Should make up for lack of AP, and an important win condition
  • Wide ranging AoE Attacks
Cons
  • Only uses teleportation to get around rather than in a closer quarters combat (unless when using Thunderandal)

Last edited:
Nope, absolutely not. Wouldn't matter because I think Allogenes can hit electrical elementals anyways

Ok so what is stopping Jean from putting Blade down in a few hits from Jean before she can Amp herself
As she scales up from 4 megatons by quite the magnitude

Can heal herself if she starts taking notable damage or is getting tired out and this heal can damage Blade at the same time.

Blade upscales from 3.1 quite healthily, but 4x upscaling comes from casual Lisa right? Hm.... maybe it’s better to start in Berserk Trigger to make this more fair? I would say that crossing metallic blade’s versus an Azure Striker seems like a bad idea though

Is this heal coming from D. Breeze?

Also, can I get a check on how big a Dandelion Field is (Pic would be nice)? From what I’ve seen it’s kinda small. Also if she uses Intangibility in character?

Last edited:
Blade upscales from 3.1 quite healthily, but 4x upscaling comes from casual Lisa right? Hm.... maybe it’s better to start in Berserk Trigger to make this more fair?

Also, can I get a check on how big a Dandelion Field is? From what I’ve seen it’s kinda small
Yeah She scales to above 4 megatons
Because Casual Lisa is 4 megatons
And Lisa isn’t even in the discussion for strongest fighters in Mondstadt (Mainly Klee, Jean and Diluc are claimed to be the strongest) she also scales far above Ruin guards and accidentally destroyed them too thoroughly whom scale to 4 megatons.

A few meters in radius seemingly at least based off animations in gameplay

(Bu bu but where’s Eula in that discussion)

Anyways, I think it might be more realistic to make it a BTrigger start, but before that- if B. Trigger is argued to not activate before Jean bodies, are you trying to argue that Jean would one shot? GV bosses do their ulti’s right away as soon as they find herself in trouble. And in Blade’s case that’d be Berserk Trigger, likely coming with a whole new (and in a way “infinite”, but not really at all) life bar, with the scaling needed to compete.

To give an idea of how powerful the amp is, it‘s kinda BS despite being unquantifiable. In Blade’s own game, she stomps Copen, like she didn’t even phase or slow down or anything, Copen fought and defeated someone who is 100+ years more experienced at using his Septima (same Septima, lightning) to control the entire world‘s tech all at once basically. Copen already upscales from 3.1 too.

There’s still other examples- but the fact that, while it was badly mistranslated, the fact that it was once compared to a “hundredfold boost”, should speak as to how strong it is. (It’s NOT, at ALL, but I put that there to get the message across that it‘s real strong, and should be enough to compete)

Last edited:
my b for editing messages so often btw Im forgetful

like literally just now, my b. I know it messes with responses

Dammit, I forgot tags

But, if D. Field is that small, Blade can kinda outrange with AoE while Jean kinda “traps” herself in her field. She can get out of it, but lose the benefits of being in it, wasting it in a way.

(Bu bu but where’s Eula in that discussion)

Anyways, I think it might be more realistic to make it a BTrigger start, but before that- if B. Trigger is argued to not activate before Jean bodies, are you trying to argue that Jean would one shot? GV bosses do their ulti’s right away as soon as they find herself in trouble. And in Blade’s case that’d be Berserk Trigger, likely coming with a whole new (and in a way “infinite”, but not really at all) life bar, with the scaling needed to compete.

To give an idea of how powerful the amp is, it‘s kinda BS despite being unquantifiable. In Blade’s own game, she stomps Copen, like she didn’t even phase or slow down or anything, Copen fought and defeated someone who is 100+ years more experienced at using his Septima (same Septima, lightning) to control the entire world‘s tech all at once basically. Copen already upscales from 3.1 too.

There’s still other examples- but the fact that, while it was badly mistranslated, the fact that it was once compared to a “hundredfold boost”, should speak as to how strong it is. (It’s NOT, at ALL, but I put that there to get the message across that it‘s real strong, and should be enough to compete)
Poor Eula I mean she scales to Jean so there’s that even if she’s not acknowledged

Oh no I wasn’t arguing for a oneshot just that she would go down extremely fast (2-5 hits max)
But if she can pop the amp fast and avoid getting quick K.Od then aight
The amp should allow Blade to be somewhat comparable to Jean

But what weaknesses does Jean have to exploit even if she does heal herself she has to fight against such high stamina. This sounds like the fight could be more of an endurance match for the two of them.
And what are Blade’s attack patterns like in this state is she aggressive or defensive as that influences how Jean chooses to fight throughout the battle

my b for editing messages so often btw Im forgetful
Oh that’s fine

Yeah, bosses typically get I-Frames and stuff if it ain’t a one shot, so converting that over to non-game mechanics I would say that they pop it right away when they’re in trouble. The final boss of GV1 actually does this too, like, on frame one.

For actual attack patterns, Blade more or less fights the same, she can Bendix Coil away defensively- but in terms of lore.... well, this is her dialogue:

“KILL KILLLLLL SOMETHING MUST KILL IX HAKAI SHISJDNJNC#KNEJSN KAKAROT”. Something like that looks a little aggressive to me. Her “haiku” for Berserk Trigger is literally binary for ”Kill, kill, kill”

As for weaknesses, Blade doesn’t have much. Good news for Jean is that she can actually deal damage, but it definitely won’t look like it at all.

Last edited:
I’ll state my opinion for a bit, even though I’m the OP so I can’t vote

I straight up don’t know, I wanna say the favor is in Jean’s court but Blade has stuff too

Jean has healing, big stuff. But Blade’s Berserk Trigger has basically days of just full throttle fighting in her.

A lot of Jean’s stuff comes from the D. Field, lowing defenses, increasing hers, by a significant margin- but the thing’s size is quite small, to the point where I can’t imagine Blade’s berserk and chaotic style would stay inside it for long- Jean would have to get out of that field or she can find herself “trapped“ inside it trying to take advantage of it

Aside from Gale Blade, Jean doesn’t seem to have that much range on her, while Blade has a lot of AoE on her.

Blade has likely a huge stamina advantage. Jean should definitely fall before she does, but it doesn’t mean that Jean can’t win since she gains attack power and speed as she lands more strikes to finish the job before then (is there a cap on this?), plus Blade doesn’t have her Mid. G regen here.

Oh, Thunderandal exists when Blade is really in trouble, though we never knew her limit so we really don’t know when she‘ll trigger it. She used it against Copen on her last third of health, but that “last third” can really just be the beginning. Japanese translations said that it’s like she wanted more in the after fight dialogue before Copen falls to his knees.

Again, need a check on if Jean uses Intangibility in character

I’ll state my opinion for a bit, even though I’m the OP so I can’t vote

I straight up don’t know, I wanna say the favor is in Jean’s court but Blade has stuff too

Jean has healing, big stuff. But Blade’s Berserk Trigger has basically days of just full throttle fighting in her.

A lot of Jean’s stuff comes from the D. Field, lowing defenses, increasing hers, by a significant margin- but the thing’s size is quite small, to the point where I can’t imagine Blade’s berserk and chaotic style would stay inside it for long- Jean would have to get out of that field or she can find herself “trapped“ inside it trying to take advantage of it

Aside from Gale Blade, Jean doesn’t seem to have that much range on her, while Blade has a lot of AoE on her.

Blade has likely a huge stamina advantage. Jean should definitely fall before she does, but it doesn’t mean that Jean can’t win since she gains attack power and speed as she lands more strikes to finish the job before then (is there a cap on this?), plus Blade doesn’t have her Mid. G regen here.

Oh, Thunderandal exists when Blade is really in trouble, though we never knew her limit so we really don’t know when she‘ll trigger it. She used it against Copen on her last third of health, but that “last third” can really just be the beginning. Japanese translations said that it’s like she wanted more in the after fight dialogue before Copen falls to his knees.

Again, need a check on if Jean uses Intangibility in character
Well tbf Most of the healing of Jean’s burst is the initial casting as well as when all the damage is dealt so Jean can just stay inside a second or so longer and leave it
And the damage from her burst scales above her normal attacks which already scale way above 4 megatons so it’ll pack a punch despite itz more defensive nature

Since blade will likely be trying to pressure Jean she will prioritize parties and counters looking for openings looking for opportunities to score clean hits however due to range disadvantage she will have to get close.

Jean can basically fight and overwork her self for Hours and hours constantly, with Jean never really getting exhausted or tired on screen much either so the stamina gap likely isn’t huge although it’s still there.

there’s no cap on Jean getting stronger and faster to my knowledge(someone @ me on this I probably forgot) but it likely has one as isn’t too much higher than her standard attacks

On her intangiblity she never does it onscreen like Diluc, Hu Tao, Xiao or Razor have so she likely won’t just transform into wind the instant she sees a big hit coming at her that she can’t dodge

Personally I won’t case a vote yet as I’m 50/50 on both sides so I’ll wait for other people’s arguments

Now then, Blade has a pretty hefty scaling chain, so I'll just put it here:

Blade (Berserk Trigger) >>> Blade > LAiX Copen >= GV2 Copen >>> Ghauri's weakest attack, which is 3.1 Megatons

Blade defeated Copen in all their encounters (IDK why the 2nd one is considered a draw, Copen just mentioned Kohaku and Blade got so distracted screaming that name Copen left, she would have probably beaten him if the fight continued). Luminous Avenger iX Copen uses very similar gear to Copen in Gunvolt 2, but has also had over a century to upgrade his gear. Copen defeated Ghauri with relative ease (To the point he can defeat him and three other Adepts in succession), and Ghauri's absolute weakest attack is a charge, which is where ASG's Low 7-B comes from.

Blade also can fight on even terms with Copen, who has over a century of combat experience.

Blade's sword slashes are empowered by her magnetism, which should be comparable to Gunvolt's, which is at least Class M, meaning in a sword clash Blade has a good chance of just knocking Jean's sword out of her hand with sheer overwhelming force. Sure, Jean could call her sword back, but she would be in a very dangerous position until she can.

Also, a question, how durable is Jean's sword? Blade can just replace sections of her sword if it breaks, unlike Jean.

Also, a question, how durable is Jean's sword? Blade can just replace sections of her sword if it breaks, unlike Jean.
Depends on what sword the op gave her, I would assume it's her strongest canonical weapon Aquila Favonia, and if so then blade defently isn't going to be strong enough to destroy it, her other weapon is the favonius sword which is far less durable but gives her more stamina iirc

Lemme research both of em, I'm assuming the one in her profile pic isn't the strongest one and is the second one you mentioned

Since blade will likely be trying to pressure Jean she will prioritize parties and counters looking for openings looking for opportunities to score clean hits however due to range disadvantage she will have to get close.

Jean can basically fight and overwork her self for Hours and hours constantly, with Jean never really getting exhausted or tired on screen much either so the stamina gap likely isn’t huge although it’s still there.

there’s no cap on Jean getting stronger and faster to my knowledge(someone @ me on this I probably forgot) but it likely has one as isn’t too much higher than her standard attacks
Depends on what sword the op gave her, I would assume it's her strongest canonical weapon Aquila Favonia, and if so then blade defently isn't going to be strong enough to destroy it, her other weapon is the favonius sword which is far less durable but gives her more stamina iirc

So I did some basic research on the wiki to clarify these facts, I’ll go down em one by one

So Jean would use deflections and clash swords to guard against Blade- what would she start doing after she realizes that isn’t very effective? Her swords are metal (seemingly), and Blade conducts electricity through her sword all the time, especially in B. Trigger, which she likely be in as soon as Jean gets one hit off. The electricity’s gonna flow into Jean’s sword and hurt her if she tries to block, but she can’t dodge easily due to Blade’s AoE either.

Jean’s stamina is pretty good, however Blade was in a Berserk Trigger for like, multiple days of pure rage and likely destroying things- not sure if they can really compare.

As for the swords, I don’t see the A. Favon on the profile, but why not. However, I did some more research on People’s Aegis and the F. Sword- it seems like the F. Sword provides the elemental particles on hit. P. Aegis itself seems to be a 15% boost temporarily, so I don’t think the cap would be that high. A. Favon seems to help in the healing department, healing her enough to recover from damage of an attack completely every once in awhile, but she’ll give up the People’s Aegis + F. Sword combo. I’ll give Jean the ability to switch between the two. I found nothing on the stamina buff of the F. Sword or their durabilities, but I’ll take your word for it.

Forgot that Jean does have a Skill advantage, yeah, Blade fought someone with 100+ years, but apparently on VS Battles that’s less impressive for some reason

I mean if we really wanted to be unfair here we could give her Skyward Blade but that’s kinda BS lol
So Jean would use deflections and clash swords to guard against Blade- what would she start doing after she realizes that isn’t very effective? Her swords are metal (seemingly), and Blade conducts electricity through her sword all the time, especially in B. Trigger, which she likely be in as soon as Jean gets one hit off. The electricity’s gonna flow into Jean’s sword and hurt her if she tries to block, but she can’t dodge easily due to Blade’s AoE either.
her blades don’t actually have to directly touch as she can use wind gusts/ coat her sword in anemo energy so that’s the electricity wouldn’t conduct
She’d start doing this after the first time she gets shocked

But I’ll go with Blade here she seemingly just out stamina’s Jean no matter how long she can go on for
She’s got the skill but it won’t be enough

O, nice argument about the anemo, actually- she does that all the time in Favornius Bladework rite? Ebic

also gonna look at the Skyward Blade, is it canonical?

EDIT: It... doesn’t seem that bad... am I missing something?

O, nice argument about the anemo, actually- she does that all the time in Favornius Bladework rite? Ebic

also gonna look at the Skyward Blade, is it canonical?
Skyward Blade is a anemo blade that has the power of storm terror
And the power of Prime venti(Less sure on this one)
Which makes that Sword High 7-A lol but I said it probably shouldn’t be used here in this matchup

Anyways, vote counted. Gonna wait for others to pitch in, hopefully thread doesn’t die before it gets on the board

Any Genshin supporters wanna chip in so I don’t misunderstand something about their powers? I made a lot of assumptions with this one since I’m sort of underestimating Aquila Favornus since I only really know its in game effect

Honestly after looking over the tread and both of thier abilities, i was unaware how much of an aoe advatage blade had on jean until cheaking, her attacks looks like tartaglia levels of aoe, no way in hell is jean fending from that, so I'm going to vote blade purely do to that.

Also thinking about it Blade vs Tartaglia sound pretty cool and with their lightning with berserk trigger and foul legacy, might make a thread on that after this ngl.

aight bet good to know, counted

(now we just wait for like, a month for more FRAs to go down)

Also thinking about it Blade vs Tartaglia sound pretty cool and with their lightning with berserk trigger and foul legacy, might make a thread on that after this ngl.
You can do that now if you want, this thread isn't gonna be done any time soon after all, of course, you can look at the other characters in the verse (and if it's GV or Copen, you can get rid of Prevasion)

Back