• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Got bored and no one else has ever finished this matchup. Let's change it up a bit. Base Ryu vs MK2 Liu Kang, speed is equalized and it takes place in the Flesh Pits.

Liu Kang: 7

Ryu:

Inconclusive:

Ryu Hoshi
Liu Kang MK9

Liu Kang has a fairly clear advantage in versatility, he can even reflect Hadokens.

In skill, i'd say Ryu takes it, he's older, has more experience, and imo better skill feats.

In AP and Dura, Ryu also has an advantage. Liu Kang is 9 Megatons, while PoN Ryu defeats people who can defeat people who can one shot people who stomp baseline (6 Megaton).

I'd honestly give it to Ryu. Liu can win for sure due to his versatility, but Ryu's skill and pretty notable AP advantage give him the advantage here.

Liu Kang is 12 Megatons.

Also age really isn't a feat of skill against someone who frequently fights and defeats people thousands of years old.

Actually, I think I heard the upgrade proposal was rejected due to the comic where he has said feat being "Non-Canon".

tbh this all comes down to who's stronger and more skilled. Liu kang has defeated ppl who's far more experience so there is that but who's stronger exactly? Both don't have any real hax to end each other afaik

A beatened Ryu was like Baseline 7-B iirc since when he got his ass handed to him by Bison in alpha he used his body to nuke an entire city, and Liu Lang scales from Raiden who's 12 megatons according to Schnee soooo, they might be on equal levels here?

hmmmm i'll give liu kang the eventual win here because of possibly higher AP and his experience fighting older opponents will come in handy.

The funny thing is that both characters have their first names pronounced in a typical Japanese accent. Any way, Liu FRA.

ok, you were just missing a reason in your first comment. Just making sure you got that as well.

Theglassman12 said:
ok, you were just missing a reason in your first comment. Just making sure you got that as well.
My point was being Kang fights Godlike beings on the regular which Ryu has only fought a few. Liu Kang's skills worries immortal, sorcerers, demi-gods, while just being a magical shaolin.

Not only does he probably have more hand to hand combat experience, his attack reflection would make Hadouken spam only more of hindrance.

Ryu have a Mind's Eye in order to block Liu attacks and counter with his own multi hit moves; so what about that? I think that a defensive tecnique like that can give Ryu an advantage over Liu who most of the time starts with hand to hand combat rather than projectiles

@Shisui I only recall him fighting Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, and Shinnok for the main games like once or twice unless I'm missing some other characters from an extended canon.

@Takumo it could help him but Liu Kang has his own counter move too so it essentially just cancels each other out since both characters can do the same thing.

The only counter i could find for Liu is "Dragon Parry: Parry an incoming blow" an incoming blow means just block 1 hit, it looks weak compared to Mind`s Eye capable of counter entire combos

Theglassman12 said:
@Shisui I only recall him fighting Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn, and Shinnok for the main games like once or twice unless I'm missing some other characters from an extended canon.
Shang Tsung, probably the best sorcerer in the verse lost to him over 5 times.. In Mk 3 he was amped by Shao Khan and still lost.

Beat Shao Khan repeatedly as well, In the Original Timeline it was revealed in Mk Deception that him and Raiden were of the same race making him a Demi-God. In the New Timeline it is implied he gained powers from Onaga, (and yet still loses).

Then he beats Shinok, a fallen Eldergod in Mk4.

In Deadly Alliance it takes both of the strongest sorcerers in the show to ambush him while he is meditating. Both sorcerers being over hundreds of years old and feared among all realms had to ambush this man by pretending to be one of his closest friends instead of just rushing him.

That in itself shows that they were very pre-causious in even being in his presence.

If an experience stomp were actually a thing, this would be a prime example.

Also this dude was trained by Bo' Rai Cho, a master martial artist who has trained many fighters before him and even introduced several ancient fighting styles to Earthrealm. IIRC Bo collaborated with a legendary Japanese martial artist to create Jojutsu, which he is very skilled in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back