• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I might as well give this a shot now that Ryu's 9-A I guess lol

Plot: Ryu wanders the land and comes across Trevor Belmont, seeing that the man is obviously adept at fighting he challenges him to a battle.

Speed is equalised. Ryu is in his first key, Satsui No Hado is restricted. SBA otherwise

The Wanderer: 1

I'm Trevor ****ing Belmont!: 0

Incon: 0

Last edited:
You may want to wait a bit more, as Ryu will also get new powers and abilities even for his base key; nothing incredible or broken, but still something, and a couple of them are already covered by the notable attacks and techniques section.

If you want to go on as it is now anyway, his AP scales for a decent amount above 0.012 tons, since in his final key he is stronger than his SF4 self, who performed that feat casually.

Aight then, at the very least Ryu's not gonna be instantly blown up by Vampire Killer cause he's not supernatural lol

Yeah, Ryu will take some more stuff even for his base, but it will take awhile.

If you want to go on anyway, Ryu's AP in his final key is a little stronger than his previous self who casually performed a 0.012 tons feat.

Fair enough, Trevor's AP iirc is a bit above 11KG but he can one shot people who were able to give him massive trouble (As in making him cough blood and probably break his ribs at least) thanks to his dual whip explosion

According to calcs, his ap is around 0.017 tons for damaging characters comparable to his own durability.

I'd say here Ryu has the AP advantage.

Now, I guess the battle would go with Trevor using his whip or the dual whip to keep Ryu on stakes, who in turn has either to get close, which is difficult, or counter from distance with projectiles.

If Ryu manages to grab the whips he can pull or snatch them with his superior LS, or maybe conduct electricity through them by activating Denjin Renki. (it could only work on the metal whips, though).
Trevor still has the sword, though.

I'm not voting for now because I need more inputs and I want to wait what others say. I also watched the Castlevania series twice, but I really don't know how Trevor would behave with a human opponent, and his fight with Alucard is of little help.

This is an interesting but difficult match to picture.

Yeah Trevor usually fights demons and vampires cause well that's his main thing lol, he has proven himself to be more than capable against human foes (That one barfight aside in the first episode) granted they didn't throw fireballs and stuff like Ryu does but I'll dig up a few clips of him fighting human foes. At the very least I doubt Ryu is supernatural enough to explode the instant he's slapped by the whips at least lol

Trevor has the normal range advantagee with the whip but if they keep their distance, which Ryu usually does not mind, Ryu has the long range advantage.

Also random drunkards are nothing compared to Ryu's experience and marttial arts.
Once he finds a way past the chain (such as pulling from it), he can just chokehold Trevor until he falls knocked out.

In short, vote Ryu.

Would Trevor's whip cancel out Ryu projectiles? I mean, could they get past it?

Do you think that techniques such as Mind's eye and Hanagashi would stol swords and whips? They are basically the canonized versions of the old parries, canceling out an incoming attack and recovering faster than your opponent.

I also agree that Trevor would totally lose in a fistfight, but his swordmanship kinda makes up for that.

Alright I'm gonna give some examples of how adept Trevor is as per what I said yesterday

Trevor handles a couple of assassins

Trevor owns monsters even without his whip.

Trevor vs some monks with weapons and he doesn't use any

Even then his whole style as a Belmont is to make sure his opponent doesn't get close to him anyway, guy's got throwing knifes to use as well.

Case in point

Also vampires are human sized opponents if that's worth a mention so its not a size he can't handle. The guy can negate projectiles (It was more just the shockwave of the blast itself sent Trevor flying there) with the morning star so don't see why he can't whip hadokens, the guy can also just idk dodge? Speaking of dodge, DWE is a big AOE

Those people aren't nearly as skilled as Ryu, on a physical confrontation Trevor doesn't stand a chance. Dealing with weapons is another problem, Ryu hasn't fought any notable weapon user. He might have confronted Vega and Geki at some time, and possibly other fighters with weapons, but no one with actual swords afaik. Althouh, he should have enough ability to get around them, he has techniques to make perfect blocks that basically null the opponent's attacks, counters, throws and grappling techniques, from which Trevor would not get free.

Fighting from distance is another thing, although he may stop and snatch the whip, but it wouldn't be easy and the explosion of the morning star would deal good damage, although not too much, as Ryu likely has the dura advantage.

Throwing knives aren't a problem, Ryu dodges and blocks projectiles all the time.

The whip should neg some hadokens, although it went through the fire breath mainly because it was a stream of fire, it's not like a concentrated ball or beam of energy. Super projectiles also should be propelled and strong enough to not get dispersed.

I won't vote yet, I want to read more arguments before.

DWE one shotted that thing, said creature was able to batter Trevor to the point he was coughing blood with like no effort after several whip strikes.

Sure Ryu could dodge/block the throwing knife, but Trevor can use that to set offence up like he did with Alucard there.

Fire Hadoken is fine, he'll likely try to whip it, see it didn't work and dodge thanks to the length of the weapon.

Removing Trevor's whips from him won't do a whole lot given how adaptive he is, the guy's been doing his thing since he was like 12 or 13 he's not gonna be quitting just cause he lost them lol

Mmm, you know that Ryu disarming him of his whip also means he can disarm him of his other weapons?

He is far, far, far more skilled in martial arts than Trevor. It doesn't really matter if Trevor has fought random bandits, monks or senseless monsters even if they are stronger tthan Ryu, he is just outskilled.

Also vampires too btw, that's assuming he can get close to begin with. Won't be the end of the world if Trevor loses his stuff either as shown above. Also gotta ask if he can dodge that DWE

Yeah, there are tons of big explosion attacks on SF Ryu can still parry.
Its not a nlf since some attacks cannot be parried, but the DWE is so coreographed Ryu could easily pick up on when the explosion is gonna happen.
Also Ryu wins both in the projectile and close range game.

Well then does Trevor even have a chance here? Ignoring the fact that DWE also one shotted that thing assuming that Ryu can indeed parry an attack of that magnitude I really don't think there's anything Trevor can do at this point then

I mean to me it seems he either can parry it or he can't and gets pasted for it, if its the latter Trevor just dies here if its the former then he loses decisively it seems

I'm not sure he can parry that type of explosion, even though in-game can with similar stuff. But Ryu is a very analytical fighter, and surely wouldn't stand within the range of the whips, especially when he understands that has more range. He can also dodge with very good acrobatics, I don't see him being caught in the entire explosion, (which apparently was calced at 8-C, if I get it right, but on the profile it's listed just as "higher").

About the whip going through the flames, a stream of fire doesn't have that much propulsion nor is concentrated energy, I don't think the whips can get null all of Ryu'sm projectiles, especially the strongest and charged ones as Denjin or Shinku Hadoken. The normal ones would get, though, as they "detonated" during the impact with another attack. Ryu can also fire it as a beam, maybe getting past the whips, I don't know.

This surely isn't a stomp either way, because Trevor still has his own advantage, keeping Ryu at stake from mid distance and having his own good skill and weapons.

Well then, now Ryu officially has a few more powers in his base (I'm still wait before casting a vote, tho)

If you want to go on anyway, Ryu's AP in his final key is a little stronger than his previous self who casually performed a 0.012 tons feat.
Well, I misread the calcs and Ryu's ap upscales from 0.04, which is fairly higher than before.

Now, considering all that was already said and this "boost", I think Ryu has more chances of winning, so I vote him.

Back