• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY vol 8 discussion thread

So i got my hands on the rwby DC comic and theres some intresting stuff to add
  • Yang's recovery training before she got her bionic arm involved tearing down trees with her bare hand all day to clear land for farming and grappling bulls and horses into submission to get them into their stables
  • Volum 1 Weiss can use her glyphs to create illusory grimm without summoning them
  • V4 RNJR can oneshot manticores
  • Theres a decent casual rock frag feat i might try to calc for the manticore but i doubt itll yield above 8-C
  • Junior's family tanked a building exploding and V1Yang can harm them
  • Weiss confirmed to be able to use plant manip via glyphs
  • Willow can match V4 Weiss' summoning with her own, even th arma gigas

Are the comics even canon? I know that RWBY written media sometimes contradict the show. Just want to be sure the comics don't.

You know its really amazing how powerful the Relic of Creation is. Its able to keep an entire island floating indefinitely with no difficulty, then a humongous whale Grimm crashes on the island and instead of the whale pushing it down, the Relic is able to give output to keep it up too. Honestly, I wonder what the limit to its power is.

Well, that episode was something.

We see the fighting capabilities of Salem, both her magic and immortality, as well as Hazel going all out. Also, Oscar can do the same energy beam as Salem, so he should get it on his profile. I can't wait for next week when they show what he did with the cane.

How is she physically weak? I'm not jumping into the whole Low 7-B thing, but she was able to physically injure Hazel at his strongest.

She grabbed him by the head and slammed it into the ground repeatedly. She also took that big dust attack from him without any signs of injury.

I'm not alright with saying she's physically weak, especially when I doubt she's going all out.

This just confirms my suspensions on them being that much stronger than maidens to begin with. Salem doesn't seem like she has more power with magic but more versatility. She does things maidens haven't done before but out of strength but she came from original magic where it wasn't just elements. I honestly don't think she is that many times stronger than a maiden. You see them using green beams purple beams lol. That's what cinder will probably get if she gets more maidens powers but maidens seem limited in terms of capabilities not raw power. But that's just me. Yes she slammed his head and didn't do anything she also had to use Grimm powers whenever he physical got a hold of her. Cause at the end of the day she's just a woman with magic Grimm powers and immortality.

Salem magic, maidens limited magic. Salem can do all this maidens limited to 4 things. How I see it. The only difference being capabilities. Salem has true magic. Maidens don't

Last edited:
What does trying have to do with her body getting destroyed? She only won the ozpin fight due to immortality. For all we know she could of never got touched by his magic or she did and regenerated 10 times in the fight until he reduced her to a puddle only for him to realize she can still regenerate. Hazel was destroying her body with punches and said he killed her over and over again when they met. It was assumed she let him but after seeing that he probably did in via fight. Im against low 7-B durability entirely but thats all ima say for now

Did you really say Hazel took no damage from that, yeah no. I don't care about Low 7-B or Tier 7, but she injured Hazel and took hits from him that didn't visibly damage her.

Also she was asking for the lamp when she restrained them, she doesn't know where it was so killing them would be counterproductive. I do have a opinion on the Maidens and Salem, but that's irrelevant right now. She is not physically weak like you said, that's the problem I have here.

She's more then just a girl with magic, she's been strengthen by the pool of Grimm. Being physically weak is absurd.

I'm not saying she was going all-out, or that she can't amp up her defenses when she feels like it, but was clearly hurt by Yang's explosives and Hazel's attacks. She's not, at that moment, tiers above them in terms of durability.

Back