• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY God Brothers Regeneration Removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Just gonna point this out, I have no knowledge on RWBY whatsoever. I'm simply going off what the profiles state so If there is more to this then please let me know.

Currently, the God of Light and the God of Darkness have at least High regeneration via this description.

Regeneration (At least High. Able to manifest and disperse in what appears to be energy)

Here is our current description/requirements for High regeneration.

High: The ability to regenerate from a few scattered or lone molecules, atoms, or sub-atomic particles.

Going off the God Brothers description, it doesn't say they are reduced to a few molecules, atoms or subatomic particles. It simply says they can manifest and disperse themselves in what appears to be energy.

This just sounds like they are Incorporeal and can simply manifest or breakdown their energy form and vice versa. However that doesn't give Regeneration going off their description because they aren't being destroyed and forced to regenerate, they simply are altering their form.

If there is more evidence for their regeneration then I think it should be added, otherwise I don't think they qualify for this level of regeneration.

Sounds like elemental intangibility

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

Supporting evidence can include that they can shapeshift into different forms including into large dragons implying they can replace or add the energy that forms their body to themselves, the brothers got into fights with each other but don't show injuries, and they granted Salem immortality that allowed her to regenerate from full-body disintegration and from being reduced to a pile of ash.

Supporting evidence can include that they can shapeshift into different forms including into large dragons implying they can replace or add the energy that forms their body to themselves, the brothers got into fights with each other but don't show injuries, and they granted Salem immortality that allowed her to regenerate from full-body disintegration and from being reduced to a pile of ash.
That's not supporting evidence as far as I can tell.

Being able to shapeshift into something larger or smaller doesn't mean they are truly regenerating, it just means they can change their shape and increase or shrink their size.

Them not showing any injuries when fighting eachother doesn't support them having High regeneration, it only supports that they can take eachother's attacks. Unless they are visually shown reducing eachother into a few lone molecules, atoms or sub-atomic particles it would only apply to the damage they've shown to actually regenerate from.

Finally, them granting Salem Immortality/Regeneration doesn't support them being having the same Immortality/Regeneration unless it's supported by a statement or feat. We don't give people abilities they grant others without evidence.

Funnily enough i was actually going to include an addition to upgrade thir regen to low-godly in the upgrade thread at the end of this volume...

Funnily enough i was actually going to include an addition to upgrade thir regen to low-godly in the upgrade thread at the end of this volume...
Should I close this then. Is the volume about to end?

It ends this saturday yeah
Alright then. I'll close those this thread since WeeklyBattles plans to make another and since my knowledge on RWBY doesn't compare I'd say it's better to just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back