• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY downgrade

I enjoy RWBY but I feel like its getting more credit than it deserves.

Adam performed a multi city block feat. This is legit but the problem is, everyone here is saying it scales when it doesn't. At all. Adam is considered superior to Blake and the feat where he did it isn't casual. He used a special technique where he absorbed the spiderdroid's beam and slashed back at it, giving him the multi city block feat.

I didnt say much here but really, theres just no proof of it scaling. Other than that, I think everyone should be city block for now. Granted, by Volume 3, im pretty sure they'll be multi city block.

Also, one last thing... should we make different things listing the powers of RWBY chars throughout each volume? Like, example, Yang being like

Tier: 8-C (Vol 1) | 8-B (Vol 2)

Think its good?

Except it was mentioned in the calc that both Blake and Adam had tanked an even larger blast before the one they calced. Why they didn't choose to calc that one is beyond me but eh, whatevs.

When was it stated that Adam was superior to Blake?

Also, it not being casual means nothing, the feat was still preformed, and the idea that Adam absorbed the beam is a theory.

"Adam absorbed the beam is a theory."

Pretty obvious he absorbed it. Also, when is it ever shown that Blake is even close to Adam's level? The charge also clearly shows a difference in power

It doesn't change the fact that we don't know. For all we know that's his Semblance to glow red and unleash energy attacks.

But the difference isn't large enough to be one (Much less several) tier(s) lower.

They have also never demonstrated as being far apart in power. And it makes much more sense to say they are comparable, because why else would they be partners?

Not seeing why not, it just looked like an energy beam.

Doesn't change the fact that the difference in power can't be so large they're in seperate tiers.

Blake refers to Adam as a mentor-of-sorts so he might be stronger, not to mention there is no proof that she is on his level

There's no proof that she isn't either. Unless we want to say Blake is 25 times weaker than Adam, she's still 8-A.

There's literally no realistic way Adam is 25 times stronger than Blake, which is the necessary difference to say that she's only 8-B, anything lower is absolutely preposterous. That logic also works in reverse, so we also can't assume Blake is not on Adam's level.

Well, I think they need a downgrade because it says that Ruby and Yang are 8-A when Cinder and Neo are 8-C and 8-B. How could that be possible when Cinder and Neo are stronger than Ruby and Yang, respectively.

Blake has fought numerous times but the only notably thing possibly close to what Adam has done is that Dust thing Weiss gave her to help her Semblance. Is that comparable to Adam? I don't know about that...

The two have to be close enough to at least rely on each other in battle. If he was that much stronger than her he would have just gone in alone. I personally think he IS stronger but not by nearly enough to warrant a difference in tiers

Unique Ôëá more powerful. Besides, even if it did make him more powerful, we don't know by how much, but certainly not enough to make a difference in tiers.

This is getting stupid, and is devolving into us going back and forth.

Look at it this way. Adam and Blake took a larger blast from the Spiderdroid earlier, even if the attack was temporary, we cannot say it would boost him a whole tier, so Adam and Blake would be 8-A.

RWBY is not getting downgraded, end of story.

Its not the end though.

The Spiderdroid being multi city block makes zero sense. Its from completing obliterating the entire mech, atom from atom.

To scale them makes nooooo sense since its an exclusive move '

It's simple Wait until volume 3 And watch any of team RWBY fight Adam (you know it will happen) And if yang fights him and lose then we will have our answer

Because you won't listen and nothing will come of it. Again, RWBY characters are remaining 8-A, that's all there is to it.

But just because you asked:

You assume the energy beam Adam used made him more powerful, when there's no proof that it did. Even if it did, there's no way it could make him 48 times stronger (Which is needed to move him fron 8-B [11 tons] to 534 tons).

You assume Blake and Adam aren't the least bit comparable, when it's pretty clear they are. Otherwise Adam just would have done the mission alone and not relied on Blake in combat.

Guys, Let's not get into a hot battle that would make the admins shows up,

Let's try to put this into a easy way.

The Everlasting said:
Because you won't listen and nothing will come of it. Again, RWBY characters are remaining 8-A, that's all there is to it.
But just because you asked:

You assume the energy beam Adam used made him more powerful, when there's no proof that it did. Even if it did, there's no way it could make him 48 times stronger (Which is needed to move him fron 8-B [11 tons] to 534 tons).

You assume Blake and Adam aren't the least bit comparable, when it's pretty clear they are. Otherwise Adam just would have done the mission alone and not relied on Blake in combat.
I believe 8-B is good but there is proof of it absorbing. Previously, Adam told Blake to back him up but once he activated the technique he was good to go and one-shotted it into atoms

The atomization is where the feat comes from

So you're saying Adam was 48 times stronger than normal when using one energy slash? And Adam absorbing the beam is still speculation.

Adam pulls out his sword. The beam enters it and then Adam begins glowing with red energy. Then he blasts the mech and one-shots it with power he was never before seen using and then the aura goes away. That is clearly absorbtion

That statement assumed he absorbed the beam, when we haven't seen that be a natural ability in any other character. What I meant was he blocked the beam and then activated his Semblance to use the energy slash.

Back