• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Honestly it does seems like a joke. I doubt anyone will actually be willing to bribe someone for something trivial like that.
If it was a joke which I severely, and I mean severely doubt it was still such a horrible thing to say to someone who was already feeling sketchy about the whole sera crap. The situation is obvious, there was an enormous thread about it.

But again, thread isn't for this, keep it away.

I'm just going to quote Ovens:

"In case anyone still thinks Weekly paying Bambu is a joke, consider the fact that he was openly ready to pay for a waifu from the waifu bot (on discord) because someone else had it. He was genuinely upset someone took his waifu and started persuading them to give him the pixels on a screen in exchange for actual money."

Anyway, I'd appreciate if people don't post reaction comments like "what on earth happened here" or "wow this is so bad" and such. Just reading the thread is enough to understand the situation. This is not a chat room. Thank you.

Nobody is attempting to hurt or defame weekly, but it is the truth Ant. This is in no way acceptable, and it warrants being called out for his shit.
"Nobody likes Weekly" is hurting, defaming, and not the truth. It is not "calling out what needs to be called out".

I have no clue why Reaper's two posts saying that were kept up, this is the RVT for ***** sake, we don't need toxic behaviour like that.

Also, in regards to "Was it a joke, was it not", it didn't read like wanting Bambu to overlook the issue was a joke when I saw it, it seemed like he was actually desperate and trying to get Bambu to overlook an issue with the calc because he was convinced pointing out a correctable issue would render the calc eternally doomed to never get accepted. Even if we give the benefit of the doubt and the bribing part wasn't literal, that's still bad behaviour.

(As an aside, this is why actual IRL law enforcement, when they can, don't arrest someone as soon as they say "haha I will bribe you" or "damn I wanna hire a hitman", they get the person asking for it to keep going and committing until the literal point of sending money, so that it's undeniable that they were seriously going to pay money for that)

Having known Weekly for longer than most people have even been on this site I am very confident that this was just a joking exaggeration. Again no one is going to actually bribe people over something this trivial and Weekly has never attempted to bribe someone in regards to revisions that he was far more personally invested. I think a year ban is a huge overreaction, especially given how dedicated Weekly has been. I do think there have been many situations he could have handled far better though, and understand where some complaints have come from. But this bribing thing is just silly in my opinion.

I'm just going to quote Ovens:

"In case anyone still thinks Weekly paying Bambu is a joke, consider the fact that he was openly ready to pay for a waifu from the waifu bot (on discord) because someone else had it. He was genuinely upset someone took his waifu and started persuading them to give him the pixels on a screen in exchange for actual money."

Anyway, I'd appreciate if people don't post reaction comments like "what on earth happened here" or "wow this is so bad" and such. Just reading the thread is enough to understand the situation. This is not a chat room. Thank you.
I mean, no offense to Weekly, but you'd have to be completely stupid to not only attempt to bribe a high ranking staff member you don't really know, but also do so in a public chat, this wasn't in DM's as far as I can see.

I don't think Weekly is this stupid, thus, it does seem like he wasn't being serious to me.

But at the same time, I believe that Weekly should have been banned for other things a while ago, so the outcome shouldn't really change.

Having known Weekly for longer than most people have even been on this site I am very confident that this was just a joking exaggeration. Again no one is going to actually bribe people over something this trivial and Weekly has never attempted to bribe someone in regards to revisions that he was far more personally invested. I think a year ban is a huge overreaction, especially given how dedicated Weekly has been. I do think there have been many situations he could have handled far better though, and understand where some complaints have come from. But this bribing thing is just silly in my opinion.
We took that into consideration. If he had really tried to bribe Bambu with undeniable proof and everything, that would have earned him an infinite ban. The one year is only because of a slim chance that he was not being literal. Bribe aside, desperately asking a calc mod to ignore stuff to skew with calcs and offering anything in return for that (even if not actual money) is still unacceptable behavior.

We also took into consideration that Weekly's behavior lately has been very bad. He straight up lied about getting demoted, making a thread acting like he retired on his own. Lying about Wokistan agreeing with him in DMs to get a CRT accepted, to which Wokistan had to come and expose the lie. It's not simply one issue, plenty other things had been accumulating from a long time. Staying away from the site is the best decision taking his mental health into consideration too.

Last edited:
Honestly it does seems like a joke. I doubt anyone will actually be willing to bribe someone for something trivial like that.
To be honest. It's possibly a joke and I don't see why anyone would bribe for fictional debates makes no sense and he was once a staff so It would have been better to forgive and overlook everything.

To be honest. It's possibly a joke and I don't see why anyone would bribe for fictional debates makes no sense and he was once a staff so It would have been better to forgive and overlook everything.
I am 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% Weekly has been warned for a lot of shit in the past. Probably a long time coming.

But again, the situation is done, people. We don't need to keep talking about it, it's clogging my notifications with unnecessary drivel.

Damn, this topic should've never been brought up here like that. It's currently a mess with a lot of members saying that it was and wasn't a joke. It doesn't matter what we think, guys, let the staff do their job. Let's chill.

You guys should've just said that he was banned and that's all, it's easy to find out the reason: Weekly doing Weekly things.

Last edited:
In case anyone thinks that I'm not being serious.

QXGXOWG.png

This is purely for posterity. Do not reply to this.

Last edited:
Hey, I was at work when the fireworks were happening, I'm not asking for a response to this since the situation has been closed but I feel my perspective is warranted given Weekly's ban revolved around me somewhat.

I didn't take it as a joke. When I said I was mortified he asked, I meant that. It was one of the most shocking, brazen things the man had ever done, in a long line of shocking and brazen things. So, from my point of view, it wasn't a joke. I truly believe he thought he could pay me off. I do support the possibility of an appeal. Hopefully this will make the man see the error of his ways.

Ain't got much else to add. Thanks all for handling it, saves me some work.

If weekly was joking, just tell him to be more careful next time. But if He wasn’t, just ban away I guess. That’s all I gotta say

I do think some of people who makes edits are new and not aware how things work here so either make the profiles closed so no one cannot make an edit without permission or send a message to those guys to know what they should do

I know I'm late to the decision and it was agreed to stop being talked about. I do agree that the bribery incident was extremely unruly and uncalled for; ban worthy even. And I do agree with both sides regarding the joke example; seriousness would honestly make it a permaban worthy offense while at the same time, "Being a joke" has never been a good excuse for such extreme levels of it. Especially if the individual is uncomfortable with jokes like that. Also, I think Weekly is more so the type who misunderstands things rather than intentionally lies, so I agree with what Ryukama did say on other situations.

People who've known Weekly for years can vouch that he is or at least used to be a really nice person who tries to work hard on everything he is passionate about, and it's no secret that the excessive borderline cyberbullying and harassment he got from a lot of users in the past, including but not limited to a certain former Admin who's been permabanned from the wiki since early 2018 which was also continued by his numerous follows, has done some long term damage to his phycology. Now is he at fault? There is truth that he is obviously more sensitive than necessary, and also tends to exaggerate when other staff members and regular users are mistreating him especially as of late. He did not deserve to be demonized they way he seems to get from the community as of late. Though that still does not excuse his numerous actions. So while he's clearly not innocent by any means, and nothing excuses some of those recent events, he isn't entirely without merits. Though his attempt to defend himself was weak and he didn't apologize for the confusions if he was joking. And given Bambu was the one being bribed, it's his interpretation was important and he did not consider it a joke.

Ryukama may have a point that a year might be excessive, 3 to 6 months might have been a bit more reasonable. But a temporary ban is indeed justified. Anyway, I apologize for going back to that topic, but I just wanted to give my thoughts on the situation.

Last edited:
that is nice and all, but considering how Weekly's conduct in VSBW was universally described to me by people working with him as a lier, a fraud, someone who litterally refuses to bring evidence and hides it from other people in CTR servers, who makes exaggerated and outlandish claims about every other day, and also not to talk of how he's egocentric enough to have a gravity field and has always been very provocative to other people, and all in all generally a huge pain to deal with ...

Not to be rude to you Dark, but that there seems like a fabriation to make him look better than he really is

Last edited:
Back