• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Instead of anybody being warned, can we get a list of sites we shouldn't use?

Cause I wouldn't blame someone ignorant of the concept of "official sites" that they linked the wrong site.
We do not ban people for linking to illegal manga sites, but as I said in a previous highlighted thread, if you find any that are still possible to directly link to, you should simply send me a PM about it, so I will add them to our automatic link-censoring filter.

Is it needed to upload in Imgur? I always use Discord links
You can use different legal sites if you wish, including Discord and Imgur. We just don't want to get in legal trouble, and to be accepted by Google AdSense, so I place the illegal sites that we know of in the automatic censoring filter.

@KingTempest

Can you tell me the illegal link sites in private messages please? So I can censor them.

Its not that hard to look at more then one page for a calculation
That's difficult depending on the verse.

For example, this character

His AP section for his last key scales to not a damn thing. His value is unclear and undeterminable if you don't follow the verse.

Not all verses have the privilege of having the section on their verse page for where everyone scales.

Imagine if he sees 2 Solar System level characters. He doesn't know the value and he doesn't follow the verse, so he'll just throw them together regardless if they have a 1k AP difference, because he doesn't know.

I don't think a ban is required. If he makes a stomp match by accident, close it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Spite_Thread vs https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Stomp_Thread

He doesn't know better. Relax

He should still look a bit better before doing random matches.

Especially if he doesn't follow any of the verses. Guys shouldn't really make matches on characters they know nothing about

Guys shouldn't really make matches on characters they know nothing about
That's unnecessarily limiting and frankly ridiculous. I made a series of fun and engaging One Piece matches last year and have never seen a single episode. Just because you are unfamiliar with a character shouldn't restrict you from making matches with them. It just takes a little bit of extra effort to make sure those matches work, or you make a mistake and the world keeps spinning anyway. Not everybody can be familiar with 6 dozen different verses.

That's unnecessarily limiting and frankly ridiculous. I made a series of fun and engaging One Piece matches last year and have never seen a single episode. Just because you are unfamiliar with a character shouldn't restrict you from making matches with them. It just takes a little bit of extra effort to make sure those matches work, or you make a mistake and the world keeps spinning anyway. Not everybody can be familiar with 6 dozen different verses.
If you want to avoid stomps and make fair fights, then yeah, you shouldn't do matches on characters you know nothing about.

If you do your research on them and it turns out the battle is fair, then it's ok to go for it, but in most cases, such as with SonicFlare, they do minimal to zero reasearch on the two fighters and end up creating stomps

He should still look a bit better before doing random matches.

Especially if he doesn't follow any of the verses. Guys shouldn't really make matches on characters they know nothing about
That's actually more at fault of whoever is making the pages, list the values on the character profiles or link directly to who they scale off who DOES have that value. There's been times where I spent like a dozen profiles looking for a value and calc a character scales off for a verse I DO follow. It's definitely a quality issue on some profiles that needs to be reflected better, lots of verses and profiles don't even do that and just list a tier and some wording that means **** all out of context, which is troubling given we're an indexing wiki that millions of viewers come to in order to check things, which aren't properly conveyed.

That's actually more at fault of whoever is making the pages, list the values on the character profiles or link directly to who they scale off who DOES have that value. There's been times where I spent like a dozen profiles looking for a value and calc a character scales off for a verse I DO follow. It's definitely a quality issue on some profiles that needs to be reflected better, lots of verses and profiles don't even do that and just list a tier and some wording that means **** all out of context, which is troubling given we're an indexing wiki that millions of viewers come to in order to check things, which aren't properly conveyed.
I try to directly link calculations on all of my pages for this purpose.

I can agree on that. Some profiles really need to have the calcs scaling them to their tiers appear in the profiles, or at the very least, on the verse page.

However, if someone just barely glances on two profiles they don't know anything about and do a vs match that turns out to be a stomp, then it's entirely their fault

In addition to what Chariot said, people can also join immediately after someone else is banned just to spam what's basically the same thing with identical writing patterns and the like and identical interests and takes on verses.

That's difficult depending on the verse.

For example, this character

His AP section for his last key scales to not a damn thing. His value is unclear and undeterminable if you don't follow the verse.

Not all verses have the privilege of having the section on their verse page for where everyone scales.

Imagine if he sees 2 Solar System level characters. He doesn't know the value and he doesn't follow the verse, so he'll just throw them together regardless if they have a 1k AP difference, because he doesn't know.

I don't think a ban is required. If he makes a stomp match by accident, close it.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Spite_Thread vs https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Stomp_Thread

He doesn't know better. Relax
I agree with this.

That's actually more at fault of whoever is making the pages, list the values on the character profiles or link directly to who they scale off MORE TEXT
This is honestly a problem across the entire wiki tbh, for a indexing wiki, we really expect people to check tens of pages to try to find the exactly values of the most important parts of a character stats, and this includes hax too, which 99% of the pages lack justification or potency.

So I disagree with punishing sonicflare, but he could try to look further for the values if possible, is easier on popular verses, and maybe avoid hax lords like Anos for a while

I will say one thing. If someone is repeatedly making stomp threads............................................................don't go to said threads. They'll just go ignored. It's that simple. Reporting that is a waste of time. They won't get added regardless of your input.

Jesus christ can we stop turning this thread into a chat room every god damn time someone gets reported please? The offence is so ******* minor, it dosnt need to turn into a courtroom. Stomp matches are so minor and inoffensive, its like reporting someone from touching your car, claiming that his potentially oily hands damaged it...

At worst, give him a small matchmaking downtime, a day or 2 and give him another explanation as to why his matches sucks. As long as this is just genuine him being clueless, nothing else should be down. If he continues without improving one bit (And i mean really that, if his future matchups are 9 legit ones and 1 stomp, Dont report him for a mistake, we all make one) then escalate the Matchup ban.

@Sonicflare9 (I know i cant ping people)

Chill out with your matches. Look up profiles better, read some matchups that are added onto profiles to see what makes a match fair and noteworthy. If you can't find something, hit up a knowledgeable member and ask him, like AP values, smurfyness etc. There are lists on every Verse page that you can hit up with.

Back