• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Shouldn't we create a page or something to explain how video games feats works/how we treat them? Some people can argue some really dumb stuff like scene destruction, and we all know it isn't reliable because the game isn't made to be destroyed like that, and one of the most destructible scenarios in game history was just announced 2 hours ago.

This isn't the first arguments like that are made, some people use game mechanics to upgrade or downgrade a video game verse. Standards about that should be created IMO. I can help since I study game design.

He hasn't made any since
Well that's good, I'm assuming he's back from the 1month ban and is arguing why he should be allowed and why that ban isn't justified.
Unfortunately, it's very much justified, it should be kept and even extended to bringing things up onto OTHER people's CRT's, Latin and 99% of video game verses simply don't mix at all.

I don't wanna vouch for a ban for anyone unless it's very blatantly justified, but holy shit.
Ban Latin from all video game based franchises in regards to CRT's besides like maybe, visual novel shit or non player controlled games, this has been going on for over a year, it's always the same with the same reasoning and the same non-existent issues and fallacies, the majority of his arguments are based on entirely game mechanics like "Why doesn't Samus just shoot down the whole game world to get to a boss", even though that isn't how games are made, some are even on par with "10-C Halo because Chief dies in a puddle of water on contact" tier arguments.

I don't want to vouch for a ban unless it's explicitly needed but it's beyond warranted at this point, he's already been CRT banned from them before for months and like day of, he continued it again and obviously, he's still doing so.

I wouldn't say a permaban or even a ban at all, just hard CRT ban him, that's where the issues are, but unlike last time, perma CRT ban from video game verses.
Those GMs are consistent with Samus's Scan Visor’s statements, but you ignored that and only considered the official site on this reply's second to last section.

DarkDragonMedeus
1) I talked about that interview on my CRT, and I could expose those feats in the games.
2) Where?
3) Also here, where? And those statements are still there… “Actually show me where the statement is stated”? I thought everybody had it by now.
Conclusion) They’re not the same problems, so the ban isn’t justified.

Bernskastell
Videl > Whis is a non-canon GM, yet Whis > Videl is a canon one.
Others such as being unable to smash steel walls may be non-canon in Kratos’s and Dante’s games, yet they’re canon in the Lone Ranger’s and Indiana Jones’s games.
Question is: Are they canon in Mario’s and Link’s too, or not?
So, that page makes this fallacy.
This is the short version of the explanation to “using GMs not to be rule violation”.

The_Wright_Way
And I’m proving that third report wrong.

I can only reply to the replies that appeared when I came back.
Just... drop it. You aren't getting anything done and you are a nuisance at best. Before you get banned for derailing rule violations.

Others such as being unable to smash steel walls may be non-canon in Kratos’s and Dante’s games, yet they’re canon in the Lone Ranger’s and Indiana Jones’s games.
Obviously, Kratos has way better feats, obviously things like not destroying the scenario is non canon, same to Dante, and I cant talk about Lone ranger cuz idk about it, but isnt Indiana Jones literally 9-C? he is a.... man who solves mysteries in jungle, no? Thats not a good comparison
Question is: Are they canon in Mario’s and Link’s too, or not?
Mario have way better feats than not being able to break the scenario, I can't talk about Link cuz my knowledge is too limited.

Latinguy got perma-banned from video game CRTs like, a full month ago. He's been doing this shit for well over 3 years now and was even temp-banned for one month. If he keeps this up a 3 month ban or longer is likely necessary, and if he outright refuses to change, a perma-ban is in order

Shouldn't we create a page or something to explain how video games feats works/how we treat them? Some people can argue some really dumb stuff like scene destruction, and we all know it isn't reliable because the game isn't made to be destroyed like that, and one of the most destructible scenarios in game history was just announced 2 hours ago.

This isn't the first arguments like that are made, some people use game mechanics to upgrade or downgrade a video game verse. Standards about that should be created IMO. I can help since I study game design.
We already have a rule for not allowing game mechanics to downgrade a character's statistics for very obvious reasons, Sephiroth's feat is unarguably one of the best examples. But if that isn't enough, the Game Mechanics page already lists a bunch of Mario's feats as to why one should not rely on scene destruction for downgrades (Like being unable to destroy a tree in gameplay but being able to blow up entire mountains, star systems and universes within in-lore).

DaReaperMan
Which rule am I violating now?

BernkasteIII
I saw Indiana Jones's profile, which is why I said "steel walls", and the Lone Ranger is an even better example.
I could explain those "feats".

KLO506
3 years actually means I've improved... This proves that.

KLO506 (again)
See my response to BernkasteIII.

DaReaperMan (again)
The woman herself?

DaReaperMan

BernkasteIII
I saw Indiana Jones's profile, which is why I said "steel walls", and the Lone Ranger is an even better example.

KLO506
3 years actually means I've improved... This proves that.

KLO506 (again)
See my response to BernkasteIII.

DaReaperMan (again)
The woman herself?
Yeah right, explain this then. Your ban just recently ended and here you are stirring this shit up again, the same shit, which, I should note, has been debunked to the high heavens and even your counter-debunks have been debunked if you actually read the threads and you look up our Game Mechanics page which strictly forbids downgrading just because you can't blow up trees and buildings in-gameplay but blow up solar systems and galaxies in-lore and in cutscenes/scripted scenes.

DaReaperMan

DaReaperMan (again)
The woman herself?
You are derailing Rule Violations unless you want to get permanently banned drop it.

See above, and Kirby has like 2 dozen tier 5 and higher feats, Mario has more tier 7 feats then I care to list, I'm not knowledgeable enough on Link to tell you, etc, etc
Zero Suit Samus has Low 7-C durability. Have fun.

Now for the love of all stop signs in the galaxy, Cease and ******* desist. Thank you. Good bye.

You are derailing Rule Violations unless you want to get permanently banned drop it.

See above, and Kirby has like 2 dozen tier 5 and higher feats, Mario has more tier 7 feats then I care to list, I'm not knowledgeable enough on Link to tell you, etc, etc
Zero Suit Samus has Low 7-C durability. Have fun.

Now for the love of all stop signs in the galaxy, Cease and ******* desist. Thank you. Good bye.
This.

BernkasteIII
IJ's profile shows brick walls and I said "steel walls"... Everything else seems to be clear.

KLOL506
I already explained that in my first reply here.

DaReaperMan
Explaining why I shouldn't be banned isn't a rule violation.
I should be allowed to make VGCRTs again.

BernkasteIII
IJ's profile shows brick walls and I said "steel walls"... Everything else seems to be clear.

KLOL506
I already explained that in my first reply here.

DaReaperMan
And your first reply was shot to hell and back and still you refuse to learn.

I am going to say this to you one last time. DROP IT, or you can expect to get perma-banned from the wiki this time.

I'm screaming internally right now.
DDM said the things he did for a good reason, and so had everyone else who's ever had to partake in one of his CRTs.
He needs to be banned from video game verses, the crux of all his arguments are ignoring the actual feats, canon and lore, and cherry picking gameplay mechanics or game design limitations. And yes, even cherry picking, you could point out how in the same exact circumstance the opposite would also be true and it "won't count".

I absolutely hate piling up against someone, banning over stupid shit, personal shit, or even the occasional bad CRT or stonewalling or whatever, etc, it needs to be warranted imo, but this is almost entirely all he does, he's even proving it in this thread by simultaneously trying to argue the points from his CRT's in the RVR Thread, when that isn't even the topic at hand.

Hard ban from making or partaking in any CRT relating to a video game franchise, no questions asked. Though if he feels the need to continue debating this despite already having been banned and it happening doubly so, well speaks for itself. Can't justify that.

DaReaperMan
You are bringing your downgrades here. That is derailing.

No you couldn't. Even Matthew Schroeder, the guy who vehemently disagrees with Mario's current tiering says that tier 7 is the lowest Mario can be. And that is saying something.

Now...

For the love of all stop signs in the galaxy, CEASE. AND. *******. DESIST. Capice?

I'm just going to mention that videogame verses, like any other media, have some space to consider their feats, we aren't going to disregard a pretty high tiered feat from a book-based verse just because it's never shown and only stated, for example, even if that's really the only way such media can express anything whatsoever.

Similarly, videogame verses express their plot in more ways than just cutscenes, especially for our purposes in terms of measuring capabilities, game mechanics are there for the most part to keep the game playable in the first place (it's not fun if you just one shoot every fodder you find, let alone being killed in one hit or so otherwise), if you focused exclusively in the plot another form of media would be used, as it just disrupts resources and user experience just for a bit more "flavor" (and even then stuff like Plot Induced Stupidity, Outliers and so on can be at play).

So yeah, while gameplay-based feats may be taken with a grain of salt, just because of semantics they aren't going to be dropped in favor for the most common displayed level of feats, otherwise most of the stuff featured in the site would be tier 9 or below, and this comes from a game developer, BTW.

If latin ever gets brought back here for these reasons again, he's getting a permanent ban. Period. End of sentence. Hell, the only reason that didn't happen this time was because people were listing solutions that had already been tried on him and done nothing.

Besides that, the matter is dealt with. I've got nothing more to add.

I don't think people should be banned over having opinions that are commonly perceived as wrong. Even if someone had an opinion as stupid as "DBS Goku is 8-B" or "James Bond is planetary", that shouldn't be held against them. This is the sort of place that should encourage different opinions, not crush them. Obviously, the issue with Somelatinguy is different, but I just want to give that reminder to everyone, I feel like one might need to say that.

That shouldn't be held against them. This is the sort of place that should encourage different opinions, not crush them.
Im not particullary against but i do not even agree with that. THOUGH this site is supposed to share their opinions, and even tiering here is based on interpretations which are agree or disagree (or neutral in case). So ye basically what Armorchompy said and if the dude got banned mostly for that reason then he shouldn't be really banned.

game mechanics are there for the most part to keep the game playable in the first place (it's not fun if you just one shoot every fodder you find, let alone being killed in one hit or so otherwise),
"Either it's set to make the game fun or it's canon"... That's a second fallacy of the "no GMs" rule.
Zorro having to unlock a door is a GM set for the challenge of getting a key and because he can’t destroy solid walls.
Also, if GMs weren’t canon because they’re set to make games fun, then story events wouldn’t either for the same reason.
Some non-canon GMs aren’t even set for that goal but unintentionally because of platforms’ limitations or devs’ miscalculations.
I don't expect to get my ban revoked with this, but it's another good step.

Last edited:
I don't think people should be banned over having opinions that are commonly perceived as wrong. Even if someone had an opinion as stupid as "DBS Goku is 8-B" or "James Bond is planetary", that shouldn't be held against them. This is the sort of place that should encourage different opinions, not crush them. Obviously, the issue with Somelatinguy is different, but I just want to give that reminder to everyone, I feel like one might need to say that.
Agreed.

@Antvasima
I was waiting for you to re-enter the thread.
Can't I make Sonic CRTs even though I gave good arguments on that one, or Kirby ones even though my last one's OP is flawless?
May I at least make VG-Q&A-Ts? I have some Mario and Metroid questions.
May I at least make CRTs about the Pokémon anime?

I cannot just overrule a previous decision in this context.

However, if some sysop/administrator is willing to spend the time verifying that each of your individual threads seem valid to post before you do so, it might be acceptable. I am not sure though.

I'm going to be upfront and honest, 90% of our staff or even our regular users literally think your OPs cringe worthy. Not to mention, everyone is extremely fed up with hearing your self fulfilling prophecies and begging to undo a decision universally agreed by everyone. You already asked way too much and we literally answered each and every one. Not to mention, "The interview" you talked about was still unproven. Show a video or article in which said statement was made. Not to mention it even sounds like a joke context.

But anyway, Elizhaa was the one who left you a message. If you still have yet another trillions questions that are supposed to have obvious answers. But he tends to be openminded. I'd recommend DM'ing him if anyone, but please also do not pester him if he starts to feel overworked. As pointed out above, no one wants to deal with the same copypasta bombarded for three years strait over someone who keeps claiming "His OP's are flawless" despite literally everyone here outright mentioning they among the worst OPs they ever had to deal with or that the efforts are about as juvenile as the come across.

@Antvasima
I was waiting for you to re-enter the thread.
Can't I make Sonic CRTs even though I gave good arguments on that one, or Kirby ones even though my last one's OP is flawless?
May I at least make VG-Q&A-Ts? I have some Mario and Metroid questions.
May I at least make CRTs about the Pokémon anime?
none of ur arguments were good tho

I'm going to be upfront and honest, 90% of our staff or even our regular users literally think your OPs cringe worthy. Not to mention, everyone is extremely fed up with hearing your self fulfilling prophecies and begging to undo a decision universally agreed by everyone. You already asked way too much and we literally answered each and every one. Not to mention, "The interview" you talked about was still unproven. Show a video or article in which said statement was made. Not to mention it even sounds like a joke context.

But anyway, Elizhaa was the one who left you a message. If you still have yet another trillions questions that are supposed to have obvious answers. But he tends to be openminded. I'd recommend DM'ing him if anyone, but please also do not pester him if he starts to feel overworked. As pointed out above, no one wants to deal with the same copypasta bombarded for three years strait over someone who keeps claiming "His OP's are flawless" despite literally everyone here outright mentioning they among the worst OPs they ever had to deal with or that the efforts are about as juvenile as the come across.
“Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishama finally addressed a question that has been posed to the gaming giant for decades.”
That sounds like a joke context, yet these don’t look like jokes?

You claim my OPs and replies are wrong, yet you’re the guy misleading others.
Power Stars can turn fodder enemies into bosses, but by enlarging them, which amps them only proportionally to their new sizes.
The same goes to Grand Stars, one of the points of mine you ignored while writing that reply.
You would’ve learned the new point of mine sooner if you weren’t so used to closing CRTs.

And if you really think my OPs are wrong, why don’t you refute this one?
Again, Pop Star, Halfmoon, Ripple Star and the Divine Terminus being in the same galaxy means a lot of facts I could explain if I were allowed to make VGCRTs again.

See? I’m a worthy debater, and I think that ban should be revoked.

I read the interview, and it's literally just Hideki Kamiya being "Yeah sure" to his fans all over again which we often rebutted on the wiki. Cartoonish or not, those are still all solid feats of Mario and Luigi one-shotting entire castles with ease. And that's not even close to their best feats. I'd take feats that happened in actual cutscenes over some casual talk about head bumps any day. Not to mention, your analogy is about as relevant as Krillin getting hurt by a door opened by Chi Chi.

That's a size fallacy, judging tiers solely based on sizes is an epitome of ignorance. And they're the same power ups that can just go boom and form an entire galaxy. And no, there was literally nothing to learn because it's 100% pure headcanon. In fact, the same Grand Star outright destroyed and recreated the Universe after the battle at one point which Bowser outright survived. And heck, there are multiple Tier 4 and Tier 2 feats outside of Power Stars and Grand Stars via destroying dimensions and tanking the destructions. In conclusion, Power Stars amp them as much as possible. Next, you're going to say Superman isn't Tier 4 because he's only 6'3" by that same pattern.

It isn't just me, but literally no one on the wiki takes you seriously. But I'm no Kirby expert, so someone else is going to have to refute.

Again, you are spamming the RVR thread over and over despite being told hundreds of times to stop, which is not only topic ban worthy offense, but also forum ban worthy offense. And you have been getting way too much special treatment compared to other users who did the same thing in the past and got permabanned. So as Reaper said, Cease and Desist.

Last edited:
“Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishama finally addressed a question that has been posed to the gaming giant for decades.”
That sounds like a joke context, yet these don’t look like jokes?

You claim my OPs and replies are wrong, yet you’re the guy misleading others.
Power Stars can turn fodder enemies into bosses, but by enlarging them, which amps them only proportionally to their new sizes.
The same goes to Grand Stars, one of the points of mine you ignored while writing that reply.
You would’ve learned the new point of mine sooner if you weren’t so used to closing CRTs.

And if you really think my OPs are wrong, why don’t you refute this one?
Again, Pop Star, Halfmoon, Ripple Star and the Divine Terminus being in the same galaxy means a lot of facts I could explain if I were allowed to make VGCRTs again.

See? I’m a worthy debater, and I think that ban should be revoked.
Bro, you aren't making things better for yourself by continuing to do this.

If latin ever gets brought back here for these reasons again, he's getting a permanent ban. Period. End of sentence. Hell, the only reason that didn't happen this time was because people were listing solutions that had already been tried on him and done nothing.

Besides that, the matter is dealt with. I've got nothing more to add.
^

Back