• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Yeah, no........
The world is a really rough place right now for everyone, let alone those suffering from mental health issues. The last anyone needs is to have their trauma made light of. So yeah.......ummmm

SEND HIM TO THE SHADOW REALM!

i don't know much about this Garchomp guy or whatever, and i'm very late to Sera farewell thread, still if what you guys said about HIS BEHAVIOR IS TRUE, a "kick" to realm of darkness is necessary, in my opinion a behavior like that could potentially cause other to depression and possibly commit suicide, which equivalent to indirectly killing. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE

I honestly don't even know what's up with Garchomp's mind when making that comment or reading Sera's thread.
But it was completely such a negative and inconsiderate response in the end, nonetheless.

Someone have edited the tier of kama to 1-A. (She's 2-A)

I'm still a huge fan of a stern, last-chance warning. Smoke did something that was harmless, and though it was obnoxious, this does not mean he deserves a TWO WEEK BAN. Can we please not overreact here? We know he has ban banned for 3 months I believe, but that situation was far worse.
So should we give a warning to BigSmoke or ban him for two weeks?

I can somewhat agree to a small ban.

But, I think I prefer giving a very severe warning, and that it should be properly conveyed and worded in a way that this warning is serious, and must be followed.

I think permanently banning someone who's only constantly obnoxious might set a bad precedent, I don't know, it could just be me. There are way worse people that harass, spam, insult, or threaten people (for example), which deserve at least a ban, or much worse punishments. Though, I do agree that I've been constantly seeing reports against BigSmoke so much that it's also wasting not just my time, but other people's time.

So, this time, I think a warning that could properly shape up his behavior, or convey that this is the last warning (and anymore would lead to some sort of punishment) would be nice.

But, I think I prefer giving a very severe warning, and that it should be properly conveyed and worded in a way that this warning is serious, and must be followed.

I think permanently banning someone who's only constantly obnoxious might set a bad precedent, I don't know, it could just be me. There are way worse people that harass, spam, insult, or threaten people (for example), which deserve at least a ban, or much worse punishments. Though, I do agree that I've been constantly seeing reports against BigSmoke so much that it's also wasting not just my time, but other people's time.

So, this time, I think a warning that could properly shape up his behavior, or convey that this is the last warning (and anymore would lead to some sort of punishment) would be nice.
I agree with this, personally. Makes sense the more I think about it. We can word the warning in a way that conveys that this is absolutely his final chance to shape up.

I support a short ban for Bigsmoke. Why keep letting him off with just warnings if that’s demonstratively not working?

I am fine with this if somebody can write a proper draft for what the final warning should say.

I am fine with this if somebody can write a proper draft for what the final warning should say.
"Hello

Please be warned that this is the final warning meant to give you an opportunity to willingly change your behavior that you have been previously warned about and punished for. If you fail to comply with this by shaping up and changing your consistently rude and, frankly, obnoxious behaviour, then we will be forced to take more severe measures against you ranging from a temporary to a permanent ban. We would highly appreciate it if this is resolved amicably once and for all.

Thank you for understanding, and my apologies for any inconvenience."

Does something like this work? I've never written something like this before, so I don't know if that's what you're looking for.

Thank you. I reworded the draft a bit:

"Hello

This is a final warning meant to give you an opportunity to willingly change the type of recurrently obnoxious behavior that you have been previously warned about and punished for. If you do not comply with this, we will likely be forced to give you a ban. We would highly appreciate it you make a sincere effort to shape up from now onwards."

that wasn't a troll thread. it was a revision i tried to make during the forum move. i failed because it was a revision i tried to make during the forum move. i don't see how "uses a vulgar metaphor" instantly translates to "entire thread is trolling lol". i'm not a troll...
Considering his previous behavior and bans, I suggest a permanent ban.
...buuut this seems like a really good way of creating one. how counterproductive.
We cannot permanently ban him for being juvenile and annoying. A few months may or may not be acceptable though.
do you think i'm actively trying to be annoying? because i'm not. i am simply an annoying person. i don't know how to change that, and i doubt there are any good methods anyways.
I suppose that is another idea. He seems incapable of shaping up his generally obnoxious behaviour though, which wastes the time of everybody else.
"we should ban this user for wasting other people's time"
- the guy who runs a vs debate wiki and in the process has likely assisted in wasting years of other people's time
Perhaps a very short block? Bigsmoke does seem unwilling to shape up, though his offenses aren’t too terribly bad.
*unable
I don't really see the point in giving him another warning if he's refused to shape up after his previous warns.
there is a difference between refusing to do something and not knowing how to do it in the first place. if i did know how to change it, though, i probably would refuse. why? because i'm not getting rid of my personality traits for the sake of a ******* vs debate wiki.
The issue is that he is just obnoxious, and that's it. He doesn't spam, derail, threaten, insult, or harrass, for example.
ehhhh.. i've briefly derailed this thread before. i apologize for that. i've likely insulted people as well. definitely insulted pan before, if that counts at all. i'm not gonna apologize for insulting someone who threatened to burn me and my family alive though.
I'm still a huge fan of a stern, last-chance warning. Smoke did something that was harmless, and though it was obnoxious, this does not mean he deserves a TWO WEEK BAN. Can we please not overreact here?
key words being "last chance". this means that, if i do another harmless thing that anyone at all finds annoying, i will be permabanned.
We know he has ban banned for 3 months I believe, but that situation was far worse.
i still believe that the three month ban was an overreaction. the situation was me arguing that a certain character should be allowed here. i had already argued about this, and an admin told me not to bring it up again, but the rules had changed to allow human level characters (or something). i know, i know, it's unforgivable. the entire wiki was on the verge of collapse as a result. how could anyone do something so horrible?
Two weeks is nothing
If this person has willfully continued their negative actions they deserve a month
i really can't understand how every ******* person i meet manages to believe that everything i do wrong is intentional. i am not trying to be annoying. i'm trying to enjoy myself. problem is, nobody else seems to have that goal in mind.
I've been constantly seeing reports against BigSmoke so much that it's also wasting not just my time, but other people's time.
is that what this is about? because it sounds a lot more like these people are wasting their own time.
once again, i don't know how to change.
I support a short ban for Bigsmoke. Why keep letting him off with just warnings if that’s demonstratively not working?
that's because from your perspective, if i'm still obnoxious, it automatically means the warnings aren't working. you should probably understand, i don't actively attempt to annoy people. it just happens.

long story short, you guys are perceiving dumb jokes and tactlessness as intentional trolling, while they're really just byproducts of my existence. as of now, i can't change these things.

Well, I am not sure what we should do then. However, almost everybody else here try to be on their best behaviour when they visit this community. This is not the same as demanding that you should get a personality transplantation.

If an effort isn't even put in to try to change yourself, I don't see any reason for you to remain on this platform.

I still say BigSmoke deserves a permanent ban.
The issue is that he isn't remotely severe enough to warrant a permanent ban.

Ant, BigSmoke has absolutely no respect for just about anything and doesn't meaningfully contribute to this community. What's the point of keeping him here?

This doesn't strike me as a strong endorsement to say that a ban is unwarranted here.
Right on the mark.

Call it death by a thousand cuts. A man can make one mistake, he can make two, but after the tenth mistake, do you really want them on the wiki before?

Way back when I was calling for BigSmoke's permanent ban due to Cool Cat issues, my words were that he should be banned because, obviously, he will not change. I was told that the best course of action was to tone it down and give him a chance to change, and unwillingly, I relented -

Yet here we are again.

@BigSmoke

You really need to think through what you post before you make it and focus on high-quality content above all.

Ant, BigSmoke has absolutely no respect for just about anything and doesn't meaningfully contribute to this community. What's the point of keeping him here?
I just don't want to be a tyrant, but yes, if he strictly keeps the joking around to Fun & Games, that should be useful.

BigSmoke, I don't think my point was understood properly.

I have never reported you or anything, this is my perspective as an "outsider". My point is that your behavior is being perceived as report worthy despite it being only a constant obnoxious one. And because you're either being misunderstood or inciting hostility from others, and constant reports are being poured in that are only worthy of a warning, at most, a short ban.

I have never reported you or anything, this is my perspective as an "outsider". My point is that your behavior is being perceived as report worthy despite it being only a constant obnoxious one. And because you're either being misunderstood or inciting hostility from others, and constant reports are being poured in that are only worthy of a warning, at most, a short ban.
as far as i can tell this is the first time i've been reported here in a while
but yeah, i got your point. i'm just saying that the people who report me for annoying shit are wasting their time. they could easily ignore me, and yet they decide to go to this thread and report me. if i was actually doing something reprehensible it would make sense, but the only problem here is that i sorta annoy them.

Back