• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I was told to come here for this, but I'm accusing @Matthew_Schroeder of evident bias and threat making.

He says things like my lies will be exposed and goes on to call others he disagrees with liars. He makes offhand comments to attack the fact I upgraded Bleach, and within the same thread tells me to "get ready" like he's about to drop some divine punishment on me for my "lies".

It's clear he holds zero respect for me when he resorts to calling my arguments garbage, and no saying "with all due respect" and then proceeding to insult me is not showing any respect. He also clearly provokes in his comments when he disagrees with certain CRTs seen here.

To me (and others have expressed the same sentiment) he's clearly abusing his status as a Staff member here by demonstrating clear bias and resorting to uncivil threats and insults. I remember being called out here because for the same uncivil behavior (calling Jvando blind among using other insults towards Damage), but I see Matthew doing the same thing to non-Staff members. It's okay though because he's Staff? The double standard of treatment towards members here is quite sickening.

Smaller things that I'm not sure are rules violations, but I'll address them here. He often asserts things that are directly or provably false within a verse's lore (i.e. he called the Garganta outer space when it's common knowledge that it is a possibly infinite torrent of reishi that is it's own time and space). However, the issue is when he continues to assert falsehoods and we can't do anything because if Staff wanted to they could band together and grandstand anything (since all decisions come down to do Staff agree). This is just another instance of what I believe to be Matt's bias interfering with productive discussion here.

While I won't divulge them here (due to respect for privacy), I've been sent screenshots of certain Staff members talking behind my back and insulting the fact that I upgraded Bleach.

Matthew should refrain from calling other users liars without good reason, though I don't think a simple post like "Get ready" is offensive or breaks any rules.

Calling certain arguments out as "garbage" is not very respectful, but it does seem to just be an opinion expressed badly.

Honestly, this whole situation is a squabble that is not supposed to happen, i mean those war between mods and members only for some stuff like upgrade/downgrade shouldn't happen, people need to focus only on the argument, not the person or the verse, because i can see that it will lead to a bunch of other problems in the futur

I'm just giving my view on the situation.

Matt was calling an argument garbage. He was not saying that a user is garbage, unless I'm misreading his posts.
I insulted Jvando’s argument. Matt also insults me directly too, but you’re very lax about it.

I insulted Jvando’s argument. Matt also insults me directly too, but you’re very lax about it.
Don't try to rewrite history.

This is one of the comments you were reported for:

Then you're blind.

This is not an insult to Jvando's argument, this is you speaking to him directly.

Whether you think it is a big deal or not, doesn't matter. You were not reported for being insulting to somebody's argument, and you were officially warned for this.

Yeah this is an HR problem, not a Rule Reports problem. All that’s gonna happen here is drama, drama, drama. Let’s drop the subject and send it to the correct people, otherwise, we’ll just clog the thread.

I mean I get why you wouldn’t directly take things to HR since you never actually know what it going on there, so posting it here is also good.
Though I do think you should put it in HR as well.

Posting it here just causes a bunch of people to start getting on each others case, and potentially cause us to miss actual rule violations. I’m confident in HRs ability to solve and report problems, and I firmly believe that discussing it here would do nothing but take up unneeded space and attention.

Posting it here just causes a bunch of people to start getting on each others case, and potentially cause us to miss actual rule violations. I’m confident in HRs ability to solve and report problems, and I firmly believe that discussing it here would do nothing but take up unneeded space and attention.
Posting it here helps bring a light to bias so that everyone can see so it helps, but yes I agree that it should be taken to them now especially if he has proves of staff insulting him

I’m not familiar with who I talk to about this but I’ll go to HR thank you!

To me (and others have expressed the same sentiment) he's clearly abusing his status as a Staff member here by demonstrating clear bias and resorting to uncivil threats and insults. I remember being called out here because for the same uncivil behavior (calling Jvando blind among using other insults towards Damage), but I see Matthew doing the same thing to non-Staff members. It's okay though because he's Staff? The double standard of treatment towards members here is quite sickening.
While I agree that Matt shouldn't be calling anyone a lying troll, are you going to ignore AppleLord attempting to discredit any rebuttals Damage and Matt make as staff bias despite that clearly being an attack on their position and character? If you're upset about a double standard that's fine but at least acknowledge this.

Arc7Kuroi said:
While I won't divulge them here (due to respect for privacy), I've been sent screenshots of certain Staff members talking behind my back and insulting the fact that I upgraded Bleach.
If staff members are blatantly insulting you, I request that you please take that to HR, It is important that they are on top of that.

While I agree that Matt shouldn't be calling anyone a lying troll, are you going to ignore AppleLord attempting to discredit any rebuttals Damage and Matt make as staff bias despite that clearly being an attack on their position and character? If you're upset about a double standard that's fine but at least acknowledge this.
What exactly does what AppleLord posted have to do with Arc7Kuroi? And it was a joke, albeit, a joke that will probably come true.

I do disagree with what you say about at least Matt’s bais.
Considering how he acted (already shown by Arc.) I think it’s clear that he isn’t exactly doing this is good faith anyway.

What exactly does what AppleLord posted have to do with Arc7Kuroi? And it was a joke, albeit, a joke that will probably come true.
The section I commented on was in response to Arc7Kuroi commenting on a double standard that it's okay for mods to insult members and not the other way around, despite AppleLord's comment clearly being inflammatory towards two staff members.
It’s not my job to police other members I was just bringing up something that directly involves me.
If you are going to comment on a double standard it shows good faith if you are not enabling the same thing by ignoring AppleLord's comment, this isn't about policing.

My example for a double standard was my own poor behavior. I’ve been punished for calling Jvando blind and now Matt calling me a liar is merely a poorly expressed opinion.

The section I commented on was in response to Arc7Kuroi commenting on a double standard that it's okay for mods to insult members and not the other way around, despite AppleLord's comment clearly being inflammatory towards two staff members.
So because Arc7Kuroi didn't report it he's somehow at fault? As was said, it's not his job to enforce the rules, and what AppleLord posted was a humorous joke, even I liked it, am I also at fault?

On an unrelated note, and apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but is there a thread somewhere detailing the rules for how staff are suppose to act off-site? I remember a long post about it months back but I can't find it anywhere. This is a general question btw, not solely directed at you, just didn't want to make multiple posts.

On an unrelated note, and apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but is there a thread somewhere detailing the rules for how staff are suppose to act off-site? I remember a long post about it months back but I can't find it anywhere. This is a general question btw, not solely directed at you, just didn't want to make multiple posts.
Yes I remember it, a mod was saying/acting in a certain disgusting (racist comments or something like that) way and was demoted

But he isn't a mod so he can't be expected to police other members.

What you said would also make all mods responsible of any hypothetical rule violation.

Calling somebody's arguments "garbage" or "wank" or anything like that is not exactly a rule violation. Neither is saying "get ready", and it's not a threat either. It could just mean that he might be making a CRT to counter some of your points. I fail to see how this is a matter of staff member abusing his power. These are things that happen almost everyday in vs threads. Arguments get called out, things get heated. However, he should obviously refrain from getting confrontational about it.

AppleLord's comment seems to be in poor taste and passive aggressive for no reason. Both parties need to calm down, take a step back and relax.

Also, if those screenshots are from off-site and the stuff is not taking place in your immediate surrounding, then it is not reportable to the HR group according to our off-site standards. What people do off-site isn't our concern for the most part until in special cases it involves stuff that are written in our rules. You can read them and if you think it falls under any of that, feel free to contact me.

So because Arc7Kuroi didn't report it he's somehow at fault? As was said, it's not his job to enforce the rules, and what AppleLord posted was a humorous joke, even I liked it, am I also at fault?

I never said he was at fault for not reporting it, just that simply ignoring it when commenting on a double standard weakens the claim that there is a double standard to begin with.

I believe there was a thread on it.
But he isn't a mod so he can't be expected to police other members.

What you said would also make all mods responsible of any hypothetical rule violation.
This wasn't about policing, but about one particular argument, which I already said.

It's irresponsible of me to fill up the thread about this, so if any people want to talk about it with me please come to my wall.

Calling somebody's arguments "garbage" or "wank" or anything like that is not exactly a rule violation. Neither is saying "get ready", and it's not a threat either. It could just mean that he might be making a CRT to counter some of your points. I fail to see how this is a matter of staff member abusing his power. These are things that happen almost everyday in vs threads. Arguments get called out, things get heated. However, he should obviously refrain from getting confrontational about it.
I mean he blatantly didn’t even try to avoid getting confrontational about it, so this whole speal, makes little sense.

AppleLord's comment seems to be in poor taste and passive aggressive for no reason. Both parties need to calm down, take a step back and relax.

But AppeLords comment is completely unrelated to this, regardless of your opinion on Matt or Kuroi.

I never said he was at fault for not reporting it, just that simply ignoring it when commenting on a double standard weakens the claim that there is a double standard to begin with.

He isn't obliged to report every other instance of bad behavior to have the right to report attacks against him (if they exist)

Anyway, if you guys want those kind of things stop, you first need to tell Matt to not spam negative and provocative comments like that in every Bleach related thread, by posting that, nothing good will happen you should know that

Secondly, Bleach fans need to stop talking behind the back of Mods or, just like matt, make provocative comment, because the more you post it, the more hate you'll recieve from everyone who is inside or outside of the conflict (so mods, regular members ect.)

It's simple.

But is it fine for a staff member to act like that? Aren't they suppose to enforce rules and keep the peace? Not make snarky comments that incite toxicity and lead to arguments much like the one we're having in this thread now?

Also, it's quite evident that him saying "Get ready" or "We're shafting the whole thing" in vague ways is just meant to anger Bleach fans and the people that worked hard on the upgrade, it's unnecessary and just furthers the conflict between both parties.

If he's going to make a big downgrade thread, he really doesn't need to tease the people that made the upgrade in the first place, it's just immature and clearly shows his intent.

Back