• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I dont
Too bad that’d still all require a CRT to apply
Too bad that’d still all require a CRT to apply
I dont mind showing my proofs in a CRT.

I've been watching and keeping my mouth shut, but

Yeah no.
All you guys had to do was explain why he's not supposed to do what he did, but no. Ban.

You guys are so determined to ban him as if you're getting paid to ban the guy.

This attitude isn't helping anybody.

@Apex_PredatorX (I know the @ feature only works for Staff😑), do you understand now that you need to do a CRT prior to adding it to the page?
Yes.

He knows now.

Banning here is usually done to prevent bad behavior.
If he's learned from the "bad behavior", he doesn't need to get banned.

Even if Apex is going to leave can I take the punishment in any case.
You don't need to take a punishment for ignorance.
You both know better now.
That's that.

The fact that you guys are somehow trying to turn this around and blaming the staff for being toxic because they're enforcing the rules by punishing someone who broke them is exactly the problem here. Good behavior does not and should not excuse multiple instances of rule breaking. We have rules for a reason, Apex needs to be held accountable for his actions as this is not the first time he has done something like this.

Inb4 comments about 'Weekly is just trying to get rid of Apex' because I know that's how you are going to try to spin this as well

In all honesty, this type of constant arguing between users shouldn't even be on the RvR (we have message walls for a reason) and tbh this thread has pretty obviously derailed if folks are accusing each other as well as discussing ethical accountability.

It doesn't seem like troll thread tho? Like it's a weird question, sure, but it doesn't seem like trolling

Right, so with regards to the Apex situation, everything has already been laid out on the table. It will be up to the staff to decide what to do now.

Personally, I feel like what Apex did could be chalked up to a mistake. However, if it indeed was a mistake, considering how much we pointed it out to him, should he make the same mistake again, I would not mind enacting a punishment. That goes for all the users defending him now. If you do something like this on Apex's behalf or whatever, you will face punishment as well.

I say this as a warning, familiarise yourself with our rules. You break them again, and a plea of ignorance will not save you.

Honestly, I think Apex is a pretty chill person, and same with Gojiboy. Someone told him he could edit something, and there appeared to be a misunderstanding which happens all the time. And both of them recently posted good bye threads sadly. Anyway, I don't think anyone here needs to be punished, but I do get annoyed if there are dozens of posts discussing the same topic on the RVR thread. But I pretty much agree with Ovens regardless.

"On that time the changes were approved by Elizha, DarkDragonMedeus and Antvasina."

Can non calc staff stop doing this? It leads to confusion all the time with people thinking their calc is fine to use because someone with a colorful flair pulls up and is just like "looks good". People shouldn't be commenting such substenceless responses on calcs regardless of their status but at the very least you gotta make it clear that your approval or disapproval isn't binding becuause you aren't a calc group member.

Anyways yeah, just making a calc alone isn't enough to edit a page. You still need to do a CRT. Anyone moderately competent at math could make their characters whatever tier they want with the right techniques if you could just skip CRTs with this shit. Normally I'd just chalk it up to someone not knowing that's not sufficient, since it's not the most intuitive thing, but Apex has done this multiple times before and I literally told him specifically that a calc being accepted isn't enough to edit files the last time.

As we can see I was basically like "Okay since you were unaware just undo your edits", but now he's done the same offense. Think you'd need some form of punishment, lest the fact that we have rules lose their meaning if we aren't going to penalize someone who violated something they got specifically told about.

People are allowed to comment on blogs even if you aren't a calc group member; I actually help people out with calculations and discuss flaws in details and even outright tell people that I can't officially give calculations due to not being a calc group member. And told them to ask Calc group members. Also, I can't speak for Elizhaa but he's welcome to speak for himself. Antvasima also just comments to basically say, "you're welcome to ask calc group members" or "If Insert Calc Group member accepts this, it may be used". That's it. Plus, I actually was recommended a calc group position a while back by several others, but I declined the offer. But that's off topic

Anyway, I agree with the next set of paragraphs. Just because a calc was approved, it needs a discussion to discuss consistency and the like.

People shouldn't be commenting such substenceless responses on calcs regardless of their status but at the very least you gotta make it clear that your approval or disapproval isn't binding becuause you aren't a calc group member.

I feel like I've given substantive disapproval to calcs before, that should be in place until a calc group member acknowledges my issues. i.e. if a calc member approves a calc, I point out an issue, it shouldn't be used until a calc member evaluates it with my issue in mind. But maybe we wouldn't want just any member to be able to claim a faux issue to stall calcs? It's a bit of a tough subject.

Agnaa your name isn't a different color so it's not really the same confusion issue. Given that this was the given reason, there's certainly a confusion issue going on when other staff show up to do that. Make it clearer that your evals aren't binding if you're gonna do them.

I'm just gonna go out and say that I'd assume a large portion of the community wouldn't know about the Calculation CRT rule, considering it's not on any of the informative Calculation pages that we have. and with this coming directly from the Calculation Guide page:

"At the end of a calculation, if it accepted by the community, link the relevant pages to the calculation in question"

The way this is worded puts "accepted by the community" in the context of the Calculation Group, on the blog. Not in a CRT on the forum. Implying that once a Calc member has accepted a calc, it's good to go.

This is also mentioned again in the Editing Rules page:
"Calculations should be placed in blog posts, evaluated, and then linked to, if they have been accepted."

Most of our rules pages imply that when a calculation is accepted, it's fine to add. Which staff seem to disagree with for some reason. I'm not saying either side is wrong, but if it is true that Calcs need CRTs before being applied, then it needs to be made much more clear in our rules, because right now they imply the opposite.

I'm just gonna go out and say that I'd assume a large portion of the community wouldn't know about the Calculation CRT rule, considering it's not on any of the informative Calculation pages that we have. and with this coming directly from the Calculation Guide page:

"At the end of a calculation, if it accepted by the community, link the relevant pages to the calculation in question"

The way this is worded puts "accepted by the community" in the context of the Calculation Group, on the blog. Not in a CRT on the forum. Implying that once a Calc member has accepted a calc, it's good to go.

This is also mentioned again in the Editing Rules page:
"Calculations should be placed in blog posts, evaluated, and then linked to, if they have been accepted."

Most of our rules pages imply that when a calculation is accepted, it's fine to add. Which staff seem to disagree with for some reason. I'm not saying either side is wrong, but if it is true that Calcs need CRTs before being applied, then it needs to be made much more clear in our rules, because right now they imply the opposite.

• Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Sysops, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

Very well. But I still believe that it should also be cleared up in the Calculation threads. As this is what people doing calcs will look at in regards to the matter.

I will also say that even on the home page for the wiki the following stuff is said:
  • "You should always ask our calculation group members to check if any new important calculations are acceptable to use for scaling character statistics, whether by commenting in content revision threads that link to calculations hosted by external sites, or in the blog posts mentioned above. This can be done in the official Calculations Evaluations thread."
This also implies you only have to check with the Calc group. The only mention of CRTs for calcs in this are in regard to those hosted on other sites.

Last edited:
Right, so with regards to the Apex situation, everything has already been laid out on the table. It will be up to the staff to decide what to do now.

Personally, I feel like what Apex did could be chalked up to a mistake. However, if it indeed was a mistake, considering how much we pointed it out to him, should he make the same mistake again, I would not mind enacting a punishment. That goes for all the users defending him now. If you do something like this on Apex's behalf or whatever, you will face punishment as well.

I say this as a warning, familiarise yourself with our rules. You break them again, and a plea of ignorance will not save you.
I promised not to do it again, also I apologized for my bad behaviour.

Also I didn't changed Kong's stats that bad as Weekly and TIImbrg are trying to made it look like. The calc was made to support Kongs AP/Durability and Lifting power.. I just changed his tier from At least 9-A to only 9-A according the results obtained in the calc, I also added a minor power, and also gave a better explanation for his intelligence, which is that he has gorilla-level intelligence which is retty obvious.

But still you act like I have turned Kong into a tier 0, extraordinary Genius with Reality Warping.

Yeah, now I know what I did was wrong and I recognize it, that Is why I have been asking the opportunity to proof in a CRT my points on Kong, but what I don't like the most is that people is forgetting all the contributions I've made for the wiki. I am not a vandal, the people who is supporting me here knows that, my contributions prove it, but I made make some changes on a profile with a calc to back up those changes, and people starts an ineccesary drama.

Now I'm not saying the mods who approved the changes have the fault, NO they just agreed with me on informative blogs like this one.
Honestly, I think Apex is a pretty chill person, and same with Gojiboy. Someone told him he could edit something, and there appeared to be a misunderstanding which happens all the time. And both of them recently posted good bye threads sadly. Anyway, I don't think anyone here needs to be punished, but I do get annoyed if there are dozens of posts discussing the same topic on the RVR thread. But I pretty much agree with Ovens regardless.
Thanks.

This is all a misunderstanding, I did not do anything serious, but thanks for the support. You will see how the changes I did are gonna get approved in a CRT, showing people that they just banned me for nothing, giving me the reason. ;)

Anyway I'm leaving the wiki as DarkDragonMedeus pointed, you can see the thread here.

NOT because of this, but due other circumstances I must clarify.

I only wanted to show my points one last time, as I don't want to end my 7 year relationship with the wiki in that bad way.

Do what you must, I don't care lol

Apex out

Wokistan, Apex said we were talking about informative blog, not a calculation blog. I don't really discuss another calculation blog since I am not a calc member but an open-ended blog. I largely discussed calc if not accepted and brought in a CRT where I would comment on the calc group's evaluation needed.

We had Editing Rules which was been present for over a year which Weekly also:
  • Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Sysops, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.
I think Apex should have known better with the current rule and get a temporary edit ban on the verse if he does still have issues next time.

Ant, I say this with the upmost respect.

Please read the room.

There is a clear bias and pattern of behavior on display here that has been seen before from Apex and those supporting him. Goodwill has long dried out and at this point, they're just walking the wire.

The edit was not done in any bad taste and it was not a malicious act of vandalism. People need to stop blowing stuff out of proportion. The changes he made weren't sweeping, they were pretty minor. He added a few abilities that, from what I can tell, should have already been there. And he slightly changed the rating because of a calc he thought was accepted. Sure, he should have made a CRT and sure he was also warned before. He is at fault but his fault isn't big enough to warrant a ban. Between a warning and a ban, there are a number of things that can be done, like giving him a stricter warning or restricting him from editing pages for a short period of time, etc.

Also, for the millionth time, just make your report and/or clarify your point in a single comment, and leave the rest to the staff members. There is no need to go back and forth for dozens of comments regarding what he did, why he did it, what the punishment should be, counting of votes etc.

On a side note, this thread needs more moderation from the staff team.

Last edited:
The edit was not done in any bad taste and it was not a malicious act of vandalism. People need to stop blowing stuff out of proportion. The changes he made weren't sweeping, they were pretty minor. He added a few abilities that, from what I can tell, should have already been there. And he slightly changed the rating because of a calc he thought was accepted. Sure, he should have made a CRT and sure he was also warned before. He is at fault but his fault isn't big enough to warrant a ban. Between a warning and a ban, there are a number of things that can be done, like giving him a stronger warning or restricting him from editing for a short period of time, etc.

Also, for the millionth time, just make your report and/or clarify your point in a single comment, and leave the rest to the staff members. There is no need to go back and forth for dozens of comments regarding what he did, why he did it, what the punishment should be, etc.

On a side note, this thread needs more moderation from the staff team.
The point is that he has done this in the past and was warned at least two times about not doing it again so he is flat out lying when he claims that he had no idea that a crt was necessary.

This kind of leniency is why we have these problems in the first place.

Back