• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

I already covered this in my response to Wright.

I'm not seeing an explanation for why staff reports should be treated differently from non-staff reports from your only response. Only a statement that they are, and that there's a rule about it.

@Milly Come on... Why do you keep saying he got off "scot-free"? You recognize that he got reprimanded but view that as nothing. What do you want if not a demotion or ban? If a warning is nothing, and he shouldn't be given nothing, that's the only option I see left.

Come on... Why do you keep saying he got off "scot-free"? You recognize that he got reprimanded but view that as nothing. What do you want if not a demotion or ban? If a warning is nothing, and he shouldn't be given nothing, that's the only option I see left.
A reprimand should be something akin to what Schnee did, or at least someone of “high status”, because ultimately a bunch of normal members are not going to seem like it’s actually going anywhere.

I’m not sure why this was skipped over.

It wasn't just a bunch of "normal members" reprimanding Eficiente in the thread. On top of Earl's reprimand that DDM "liked", Ant and Glassman also told him to stop. A bureaucrat, an admin, a discussion mod, and a non-staff user all were involved.

I'm not seeing an explanation for why staff reports should be treated differently from non-staff reports from your only response.
Having these discussions out in the public causes more of a problem in that everybody who has some bias against someone start a witch-hunt against the person who they want to see gone or demoted. People are much much more likely to listen if they are talked with in private by a higher-ranked authority in a calm manner, not like this where everybody is trying to publicly humiliate someone which just serves to stoke the fire. Or in worse cases where they are given specific warnings publicly, some people go out of their way to provoke a reaction to get them in trouble.

Milly:

He said something a tiny bit offensive, due to being in an annoyed mood, and you essentially want him repeatedly publicly punched in the face for it in a humiliating manner, but are not satisfied anyway no matter what.

Your extreme oversensitivity and thirst for vengeance for the slightest provocation is currently serving as a continuous destabilising influence in this community. I definitely do not want us to adopt an ongoing Twitter-style oversensitive lynchmob/victim mentality.

As I and other have mentioned previously, you need to grow a thicker skin, and accept that staff members (and other people of much higher authority) are just people too, who have bad days, or you won't be able to endure any challenges that human civilisation as a whole throws at you.

I do not think that I am when an issue is relentlessly repeatedly overblown to this degree, and nothing seems to be enough to satisfy the vindictiveness stemming from a tiny offensive comment.

You're overreacting much worse and retaliated with an extremely bad faith interpretation of Milly's stance here.

With this said, I do think Eficente's been warned enough for that single incident. Staff have been quite involved already.

It wasn't just a bunch of "normal members" reprimanding Eficiente in the thread. On top of Earl's reprimand that DDM "liked", Ant and Glassman also told him to stop. A bureaucrat, an admin, a discussion mod, and a non-staff user all were involved.
The comments were it was rude, and could’ve been worded differently. Glass was the only one who actually told him to genuinely stop the disrespect, regardless of reason.

Milly:

He said something a tiny bit offensive, due to being in an annoyed mood, and you essentially want him repeatedly publicly punched in the face for it, but are not satisfied anyway no matter what.

Your extreme oversensitivity and thirst for vengeance for the slightest provocation is currently serving as a continuous destabilising influence in this wiki. I definitely do not want us to adopt an ongoing Twitter-style oversensitive lynchmob mentality.

As I and other have mentioned previously, you need to grow a thicker skin, and accept that staff members (and other people of much higher authority) are just people too, who have bad days, or you won't be able to endure any challenges that human civilisation as a whole throws at you.
I really... don’t care if you think it was a tiny bit offensive. It was disrespectful, and above all is was unprovoked aggression which you yourself said he was likely right in. If you actually paid attention past me saying “I’ll drop it because it extends past me”, you would know I ALSO accepted his apology earlier and outright said prior I had no ill will over him.

You say I’m overreacting, in fact a lot of people are, yet they’re lying about the things I’ve said, forcing narratives in my mouth I ever said, or just straight up ignoring what I’m saying. Hell, or all three. All of them mods btw. If you again, READ WHAT I WAS SAYING, you would understand I was talking about how a reprimand should be handled, not trying to force another punishment for an apology I’ve already accepted.

I already told you I don’t care if they’re having a bad day, to me it’s outright just a shield to protect them from punishment. I snapped on Dargoo one time, and apologized after getting my head on, that doesn’t excuse me for blowing up. Stop portraying me as this bloodlusted fiend that wants him hung, when none of this had to do with getting him punished AGAIN.

The comments were it was rude, and could’ve been worded differently. Glass was the only one who actually told him to genuinely stop the disrespect, regardless of reason.

Even with that interpretation, I either don't understand your take, or you're moving the goalposts.

You said you wanted something more like what Schnee did, someone of high-status and not a normal user.

I pointed out that other people were making those sorts of responses earlier in the thread.

You admit that Glassman did what you were talking about, and that Glassman is a staff member.

So that only leaves us back at the start with me not knowing what more you want done now.

Alright. I apologise if I overreacted. I strongly dislike public drama.

As AKM said, we should drop this issue now.

Even with that interpretation, I either don't understand your take, or you're moving the goalposts.

You said you wanted something more like what Schnee did, someone of high-status and not a normal user.

I pointed out that other people were making those sorts of responses earlier in the thread.

You admit that Glassman did what you were talking about, and that Glassman is a staff member.

So that only leaves us back at the start with me not knowing what more you want done now.
A reprimand should be something akin to what Schnee did, or at least someone of “high status”, because ultimately a bunch of normal members are not going to seem like it’s actually going anywhere.

Glass does fit the criteria yes (and the only one on the thread to do so), however my problem then is why that was mostly allowed to slide because he was a “good mod”.

None of this has to do with the ACTUAL POINT I WAS MAKING at the beginning, completely excluding Eff in particular, but just how the act of reprimanding should be handled in general, mod or member, since the object of discussion towards mods being talked to in private due to them potentially having negative bias.

Taking this to your message wall to stop the derailing.

EDIT: After talking it out on Milly's wall I've come to realize the misunderstanding. Hopefully this can help clarify things for anyone who is still in the same pitfalls I was.

Milly essentially wanted Eficiente to get something along the lines of a formal strike; acknowledgement of wrongdoing that could come into play if there are further incidents. This sorta thing is fine and has been done quite a lot on the RVT. I can't count how many times I've seen posts notifying everyone of very minor rule breaks so they can be taken into account later.

Sadly initial wordings led to some expanding misunderstandings, but in light of all of this it's clear imo that Milly had no ill will or drive to create drama out of nothing. It was a proportional response that was worded badly from not fully understanding our terminology around reports.

Last edited:
ZaStando27 wonders if he could get another chance to rejoin this community:

Iirc I heard he was still being a problem in other discords and in other communities, and we know he made a sockpuppet account to circumvent It instead of waiting.
Zastando should not come back.

There was a Google Sheet listing a bunch of alts/socks. And it seems there are lot of things to go over, but ZaStando simply made way too many socks. And while he may not be anywhere near as bad as many others who did the same, we cannot make a double standard. Furthermore, some of his accounts such as BlitzSevenTeen were confirmed to be the same as ZaStandoBoi among other accounts. Which he and Imagine Breaker tried to argue wasn't ZaStando. Furthermore, I recall an incident in which ZaStando27ByThe11 posted on his wall, removed it. And then Imagine Breaker posted the exact same text instead. Which it looked about is fishy as an "Oops, wrong account" scenario.

Very weird. I could have sworn I typed one out but maybe I forgot to hit save.

I'll leave it there now.

Okay. Thanks.

Could he have deleted your previous message?

Back