• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Smoke... I explicitly told you to never bring up Cool Cat again. He's not worth the hassel of giving a profile.

For ****'s sake, we've removed Cool Cats profile before, just take the hint and drop it already.

Also rq, what about the Teletubbies thread you made trying to get them profiles for this, where you gave them 9-B by comparing the Real Life Suits and using a purposely sped up footage, along with a cartoony jump in the opening?

This is just the amount this guy learnt from my profilemaking ban btw, he still did the exact same stuff that got him blocked in the first place, IN HIS BLOCK PERIOD
Yeah, at this point, just permaban him. He obviously doesn't actually care about the rules.

I've explicitly told him to never bring Cool Cat up again. Cool Cat has had his profile removed before and he keeps pushing about it.

@Tllmbrg What? There are people objecting, dude.

You told me to stop bringing him up because of a lawsuit that will never happen. Either way, permabans are typically reserved for trolls, pedophiles, and the like.

The. Man. Impersonated. A. Law. Firm. I'm not sending any good will his way for a profile only you seem to care about.

Or, for people who keep breaking the rules after being warned or banned multiple times. Like you are.

He had good reason to think the profile is valid. That trumps you just not wanting it.
It wasn’t an official decision either, just you telling him not to. You being an admin doesn’t make your every whim law, we discuss almost everything for a reason (even if you tend to just stonewall everything.)

Oh hey people beat me to it.

Anyways yeah, ban Big Smoke. He is clearly not acting in good faith and is willing to blissfully ignore information and spread that limited view as fact if it means getting Cool Cat on the wiki. The newest thread is absolutely worthless as the profile deletion thread explicitly explained why Yumeko is fine - and no, Cool Cat does not qualify.

Many, MANY people have told him to quit with Cool Cat threads, not just Wright. Move to a ban. End the suffering.

He had good reason to think the profile is valid. That trumps you just not wanting it.
It wasn’t an official decision either, just you telling him not to. You being an admin doesn’t make your every whim law, we discuss almost everything for a reason (even if you tend to just stonewall everything.)
The fact the profile existed and then got removed for the same reasons I told him not to make it completely underminds the "I just don't want it" argument.

The last arguement we had on this thread was one where I conceded and apologized. Not much of a stonewall.

What? We don't remove profiles because they're low powered. The fact that 10-A's exist on this site at all should prove that. Hell, just look at J Jonah Jameson and the entire Hunie Pop verse (the controversy around that has always been about the explicit content, not the low rating).

Yeah and similar profiles were made and were discussed, so him making a seperate discussion thread to argue for the creation of a similar profile.
Just because a decision was made before, considering how often our profiles change and how often we re-evaluate ban lengths and such, doesn’t mean that it is unchangeable.
He saw what was viewed as a contradiction, and brought it up.

I was referring to general discussions, not you or the mike problem in particular (more so CRT’s than this.)

Id advocate for a ban for Big Smoke. He has done shit like this for almost a year now. How he hasnt been yeeted by now is a mystery to me.

Cool Cat is a profile that Big Smoke has repeatedly created in bad faith and wanked multiple times (as mentioned by Zark, abilities and ratings off of blurbs, Subsonic via cars, and horrible 9-B scaling). He has admitted to being unable to find or read the books he needs to tier Cool Cat. Cool Cat has no relevant abilities and isn't even from a primarily combat-based verse. And that doesn't even get into legal troubles that may or may not appear.

This subject is absolutely ridiculous. One month ban seems fine, given how Big Smoke shows zero willingness to change.

Yeah and similar profiles were made and were discussed, so him making a seperate discussion thread to argue for the creation of a similar profile.
Just because a decision was made before, considering how often our profiles change and how often we re-evaluate ban lengths and such, doesn’t mean that it is unchangeable.
He saw what was viewed as a contradiction, and brought it up.

I was referring to general discussions, not you or the mike problem in particular (more so CRT’s than this.)
We literally discussed the contradiction on the profile deletion thread, and his question was answered, and he blatantly ignored the entire thread to make a separate Cool Cat renewal anyways.

Cool Cat is a profile that Big Smoke has repeatedly created in bad faith and wanked multiple times (as mentioned by Zark, abilities and ratings off of blurbs, Subsonic via cars, and horrible 9-B scaling). He has admitted to being unable to find or read the books he needs to tier Cool Cat. Cool Cat has no relevant abilities and isn't even from a primarily combat-based verse. And that doesn't even get into legal troubles that may or may not appear.

This subject is absolutely ridiculous. One month ban seems fine, given how Big Smoke shows zero willingness to change.
Only, he's been temporarily banned before and nothing changed... he clearly doesn't think he's doing anything wrong, despite explanations.

What? We don't remove profiles because they're low powered. The fact that 10-A's exist on this site at all should prove that. Hell, just look at J Jonah Jameson and the entire Hunie Pop verse (the controversy around that has always been about the explicit content, not the low rating).
Well, you did it anyways. Look at the thread. It was deleted because it wasn't superhuman or combat-oriented.

Yeah I forgot, but if he was banned before, I say we ride the wave and go permaban.

How is making a thread asking if a profile was valid permaban worthy?

All he did was see a perceived contradiction and point it out. He didn’t even make the profile, just a thread asking if it was valid.

Trying to look at this as objectively as possible.

BigSmoke's main offenses are his profiles and the fact that he is just a big ******* nuisance. I'm pretty sure he has been warned of this more then once before considering what I am seeing here (moreso the former), and they do seem pretty low quality, and is still making threads on them (mainly his infamous Cool Cat profile, which has been discussed several times in the past). As for the latter, it isn't really a rule breaking offense, but it does keep actually competent users from doing stuff that is actually helpful for the wiki.

Given all of that and everything else I forgot to mention like the fact he has been banned before leads me to think he should be permabanned.

00potato, because he literally ignored the part where we explained and quashed any sense of "contradiction" yet still had the gall to go out and make the thread anyways after being banned many, many times.

Permaban seems fine to me, seeing as Big Smoke has no intention of acting in good faith and reasonability for this community, more than willing to ignore evidence and arguments in one thread to hide them from people in a different thread.

Yeah, in the thread itself.

He made the points, you disagree, move on.
If he makes a new thread with counter arguments, counter those, move on.

Back