• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

You are reporting someone for having a few commonly disagreed with opinions and sticking to his guns? Seriously

"Jiren transcending time means immensurable speed"
"Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he can't do it"
"Goku resists hax via being stronger"

All after bumping a old ass thread, keeps ignoring how the tiering and hax system work and such.

I'm not accusing him of being a troll or anything, but he should be kept a eye on or get a instructive warning, considering how cliche all of this is.
its not an old thread though also he’s new so he probably doesn’t know that we need feats.

Edit: Don’t get heated it’s called fun and games for a reason

You are reporting someone for having a few commonly disagreed with opinions and sticking to his guns? Seriously
I'm reporting someone because said arguments are brought frequently by wankers and he pretty much didn't read how our tiering or hax page works and refuses to do so.

Better play safe, and i'm literally said to give him instructive shit, not to ban him or anything.

Sticking with your guns is fine, but not if you go against the system of the wiki before a CRT.

Reporting Zephyros for once again being especially hostile to Devil May Cry. Let me just be clear here for people who aren’t already familiar with him.

Zephyros has been very hostile to DMC for the longest of times, he is always spouting how it is wanked and that the profiles are wrong, and he has gone on record with calling DMC supporters “stupid” and even got banned as such because of this.

He also has been shown to be emotionally toxic whenever someone disagrees with him, as shown by him removing CRTs on both FF and like I mentioned DMC, he’s a thread from before he was banned. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:3883226?useskin=oasis

He does not listen to warnings even after he was banned, @Dragonmasterxyz can confirm as well.

Consistent behavior that hasn't changed even after being pushed into ban-worthy territory? Oh dear.

I don't know about a second temporary ban and hoping third time is the charm, but that sounds like it deserves a more permanent measure.

Zephyros literally knows that he has not only been banned for doing this but was also warned afterwards
I say just get rid of him given it’s clear he doesn’t want to change even after getting banned, but I leave that decision to the others

Reminds me of this.
Screenshot_20200904-141446.jpg

It takes quite extremely bad behaviour to get a permanent ban. Just disagreeing with our statistics is not nearly severe enough.

A severe warning, or a temporary ban might be warranted though, given the post I was just shown.

Well, I think that he is a longtime member, so I am reluctant to just suddenly get rid of him without even letting him know about this issue, and a permanent ban seems very exaggerated in any case.

If a temporary ban did nothing to discourage Zephyros the first time, then my sympathy well is dry. I'd argue for a perma ban.

I think that a permanent ban for a very minor offence like this seems very draconian.

Anyway, there seems to be something wrong with regular staff notifications, so I will try as well, for extra safety.

@ZephyrosOmega

Please comment here soon.

We should not permaban people unless they are literally a lost cause who consistently cause trouble for the site on a regular basis or are straight up trolls. Zephy is free to disagree, but yes, that doesn't mean he can be hostile and a nuisance on threads for that. I think simply banning him from discussions related to DMC or a longer temp ban should work.

I would like to apologize for my behavior on that thread, and previous ones. A more serious situation outside this wiki was going very badly for me, and I was notified about this thread by a friend, immediately after a very similar thread (Archer vs Dante, another Fate/DmC match) made by me went somewhat sour for similar reasons. I acted out of turn, yes, and I extend my apologies to @Tony_di_bugalu for that, as well as anyone I have offended or upset in similar situations up until now.

If you are open to discussion on this, I would like to say something. I am currently GMing and participating in multiple roleplays on this forum, and banning me outright would, at the very least, inconvenience my fellow players, including the ones that I have to GM for.

I, however, will say that Versus Threads and Content Revision Threads both tend to lead to negative situations for me, but I have issues in terms of stopping myself, and I find myself going back to them despite knowing the personal consequences on my mental health. So, if I may, I'd request that I'm banned from participating in Versus Threads and Content Revision. Now that the forum move has hit, I really don't trust myself to stay calm in those types of threads, which is evident given what's been brought up here.

I only ask that I'm still allowed to post on this forum, as role-playing is something I really enjoy, and given my home situation as well, this is one of the only proper social interactions I can do with people I consider friends. But I think that disallowing me from participating in versus matches and CRTs is something that is going to be beneficial to both this wiki as a whole, and my own mental health. So, that's what I would suggest, at least.

In advance, thank you for at least hearing me out.

Zephyros:

That seems pretty harsh as well. Wouldn't simply firbidding you from participating in threads about the verse(s) that you have problems with be enough?

Zephyros:

That seems pretty harsh as well. Wouldn't simply firbidding you from participating in threads about the verse(s) that you have problems with be enough?
The problem with that becomes, I don't fully trust myself to not go off on this about other verses. See what happened in my attempted final fantasy revision thread.

I've only used this forum for role-playing and FRAing the Persona Revision Thread. This avoids future problems and solves the current one. I really only want to do the RPs in the fun and games section by this point.

So no versus or content revision threads at all then? Would it be enough to forbid you from participating in them for a few months, and then see if things have calmed down and turned less stressful for you IRL?

So no versus or content revision threads at all then? Would it be enough to forbid you from participating in them for a few months, and then see if things have calmed down and turned less stressful for you IRL?
That's up to the other staff members. But I think a permanent ban on those threads would be better. To be perfectly frank, my IRL situation isn't going to get better any time soon due to details I'd rather not discuss, and in terms of my continued participation on this wiki, I really don't think it would be worth the mental health strain, on myself or the other people that have to deal with me.

Okay. So permanent, but with the ability to request to continue with these forums if you feel better later (as in after at least a few months) might be best then.

Okay. No problem.

@AKM sama

Are you able to block him from posting in these two specific forums, or would I need to handle it? Alternately should we simply forbid him from posting there?

I agree, Zephyros isn't inertially malicious, but he is notable for having short temper at times. I agree that permaban is harsh and I think the compromise of topic ban is a reasonable punishment.

Are you able to block him from posting in these two specific forums, or would I need to handle it? Alternately should we simply forbid him from posting there?
I think we can simply forbid him from posting there. It isn't a hard thing to do. People are expected to have at least some self-control. If you don't want to participate in CRTs or VS threads, then don't open those subforums. It is that simple. If you can't even do that, then I don't think you're suited to be here.

That's my opinion at least. I can block him from participating in those subforums if that is what is decided. But if the user has no self-control like what he is saying, it won't prevent him from ranting on any other subforums whenever he sees things, making the whole thing pointless.

Okay. Thank you. What do you think Zephyros?

I won't dispute what AKM said. I will note that I learned about the Vergil/Okita thread because someone else sent it over discord, and due to the way the new forum works, I won't see threads on pages like it was in the old forum.

I still would prefer to be blocked from VS and CRT threads, but I don't actively go looking for trouble. As I said, this thread happened because another user sent the thread to me directly.

As I've hopefully made clear in my last few posts on this thread, All that matters to me in terms of wiki activity is participation in fun and games. I think my following history on the old site would help indicate that, as the vast majority of the recent activity is entirely Fun and Games or General Discussion.

Okay. Would you be willing to prevent Zephyros from posting in the versus threads and content revisions forums AKM?

For the record: I've witnessed a few of Zephyros' outbursts and I agree with topic-banning him in areas where he becomes troublesome. I'd also be fine with a temporary ban, though the time for that seems to have passed. I agree that perma-banning over a culmination of somewhat minor offenses (albeit infuriating and consistent minor offenses) is probably too far.

I have done it. But since this is the first time I used this feature, I would like Zephy to confirm whether he can post comments on CRTs and VS threads.

Thank you for helping out AKM.

Did it work Zephyros?

Back