• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Switching accounts won't stop him if he knows your intentions I think. If he continues to be a greater problem, I suggest seeking FANDOM's help directly.
Hmm... I dunno
I would much prefer if you stay around. I have received a massive number of threats and worse during my time in this wiki.
I'm planning to stay around in external forum. It's just a new internal forum account I was planning to use.
I have also reported that member for you.
Thanks Antvasima

@BigSmoke4269 From one guy trying to have fun to another: know when to be serious, i was dead serious during the deletion of MGQ for instance. and try not to be a dick, I've nearly sent multiple things that would be unwise several times when in a pissy mood, and i have sent those things before on three occasions(Bayonetta time slow CRT, profile deletions, one other thing i can't remember), but keep your mannerisms in check above all, think for a bit before sending posts, its how I am not banned yet due to being an angry bastard at times, as for being annoying look for why your annoying to other people and try and improve on those areas

On a more serious note I think that person is a sock puppet, and they have too much time on their hands so they will continue until they pass out and fall out of their chair, and then once they wake up continue doing it, so jumping ship is probably a good idea
OK. Your comment on that message was very funny. Sorry for derailing with this comment.

Anyway, BigSmoke is not intentionally trying to be annoying, so I would like to see what he thinks of the suggestions that I posted earlier.
How about that you focus on avoiding serious threads, think before you post, try to be constructive, and mostly stick to the fun and games forum? Would that be workable solutions for you?

We know he’s not going to listen, or change, by his own admission no less.
i knew someone would say this. i knew someone was gonna twist my words like this. i said that i can't change because i don't know how. in fact, i don't even know what your problem with me is in the first place. is it that i'm stubborn? so is every other person on this wiki. maybe it's because i **** around too much? except you could easily ignore me if that was all i was doing.
i didn't even say i wouldn't listen. no idea where you're pulling that from.
This is wrong on many level, you can't just go and do/talk whatever you want and when it affecting other peoples you use the excuse of it is their problem, you live in a community, interacting in a society, this kind of behavior is unresponsible and........let me be blunt: uneducated.
cool cat isn't offensive or anything lol, people just find it annoying when i talk about it and they don't ignore it for some reason
Well i think he will not changing at all, personality is embedded in the core of each person, try to make them change is like trying to move a mountain.
that isn't even my problem, it's that i don't know what i'm supposed to be changing here
My opinion is just give him a final warning. Anymore bad behavior he will eat a permant ban to his face, if he not respect us, then we will not respect him anymore.
lol what's your definition of "bad behavior"? the reason i got reported in the first place is because i used vulgar language and someone confused it for "trolling"
I’m in favor of an indefinite ban, based on both his admission that he has no respect for the rules and that he is unable to change.
funny how everyone uses me saying "i can't change" as an example and just happens to forget that i said "because i don't know how to"
Antvasima. To be perfectly honest with you, you're being too soft on BigSmoke here. He has repeatedly done shit over and over again, and he has been doing this for over a year. After warnings upon warnings, even a month long ban just last October, he continued this line of bad behavior.
you mean that time i got banned for talking about the cool cat profile too much? because i haven't brought it up since.
So why shouldn't he get perma-banned at this point and stop giving him chances?
because you can manage with my """bad behavior""". the worst thing i've ever done here was probably the time i "vandalized" a page because i wasn't aware of the rules.
Enjoying yourself at the expense of others annoyance even when you know it annoys them is simply immature
i'm not messaging these people and asking them to join my threads. i'm not actually breaking any rules. they have no reason to even notice me. they could just ignore me and leave me alone. that way, they aren't annoyed, and i get to have my fun. if they join and they don't like it, they can leave at any time. so yeah, if they wanna go out of their way to get annoyed for no reason, that's their problem.
@BigSmoke4269 From one guy trying to have fun to another: know when to be serious, i was dead serious during the deletion of MGQ for instance. and try not to be a dick, I've nearly sent multiple things that would be unwise several times when in a pissy mood, and i have sent those things before on three occasions(Bayonetta time slow CRT, profile deletions, one other thing i can't remember), but keep your mannerisms in check above all, think for a bit before sending posts, its how I am not banned yet due to being an angry bastard at times, as for being annoying look for why your annoying to other people and try and improve on those areas
finally, someone's actually posted something helpful. yeah uhh makes sense. not much else to say. i think i'll keep this as a reminder or something, otherwise i'd probably forget it.

ant, i'll probably respond to your suggestions soon. i have mixed opinions on them, so it's taking me a while to think of what to say.

Look, Smoke breaks no rules, let him be. Yeah he's obnoxious, but you're attitude here is "I don't like him so let's ban him"
"Why do we need him on this wiki?"
He broke no rules, so that's up to him to decide
this. you guys aren't trying to ban me because i'm actually breaking the rules, you're trying to ban me because you don't like me.
We most certainly cannot promote his current behavior, so if he wants to stay he has to change his attitude and behaviour.
you also cannot promote banning people just because you find them annoying. it's a horrible precedent to set.

As remorseless as BigSmoke has seemed throughout this thread, I'm leaning heavily towards Antvasima's suggestion. Like, the term "annoying" is so subjective anyway, that banning someone solely for that reason might set a dangerous precedent IMHO.
I think permanent bans should be preserved for genuinely malicious individuals who actually do genuine harm to the community via vandalism, threats, harassment, etc...
BigSmoke really just sounds like a young man who's not really sure how to act, and seems to need guidance more than anything tbh. (As pretentious as that may sound lol)

@BigSmoke4269
Look man, you being here for fun really isn't something exclusive to you. We're all LITERALLY debating about the stats of fictional characters for hours, so obviously we're all here purely because we enjoy it. None of us are under the illusion that we're doing anything overly serious or vital to society; however, to many of us CRTs are kind of sacred because we put hours of work into them and would like them to go smoothly. The same goes for other serious threads such as farewell threads. That is to say, you should attempt to read the situation better, and think before you post whether this is the appropriate thread to joke around.
However, you have made it abundantly clear that you don't have enough tact to make that distinction yourself, so how about Uncle Slayer helps ya out, hmmm?

Here's some basic rules that should you follow will make your time on this forum much more pleasant for yourself and everybody else.

The BigSmoke Guidebook:

1) Keep your "fun" or "joke" related threads/comments exclusively to the Fun and Games board. That is what it was made for after all. That's not to say you can't ever joke, but since you clearly can't successfully and consistently "read the atmosphere" to know when to joke or be serious, I think following this rule to heart might be for the best.

2) NEVER post on other people's CRTs unless you have something VERY serious to say that is relevant to the topic at hand. It is also of extreme importance that you avoid profanity, condescending behavior, and personally attacking other users for any reason. Just make your point in the most concise manner, and call it a day.

3) Rule #2 also applies to threads you have created, so keep that in mind.

4) If you have a serious issue with someone, don't start an altercation with them. Just be the bigger man, and ignore them. If they have seriously offended you, you can simply report them here on this thread.

5) Avoid making CRTs about topics that are currently undergoing a CRT, or that have just been concluded in a CRT. Nobody wants to go through the same topic right after going through a whole CRT for it.

6) Play nice with others as much as you can, and avoid making enemies. It's definitely more "fun" when you don't have a target on your back.....

7) Learn to back down when necessary. If something is unanimously rejected by literally everyone (or almost everyone), then maybe you should just let it go. Don't argue endlessly in circles when it's clear that something just won't be accepted. That's simply textbook derailment.

8) Speaking of derailment, generally avoid it lol.

9) Obviously don't harrass anyone, and ALWAYS think before you post something whether it'll be offensive or not. Though if you follow the previous rules, you should generally be fine.
I hope

Look man, I don't know you, and I gain absolutely nothing from this, but I really don't want anyone to get banned unless they're completely and utterly reprehensible. I think you just need to shape up a little, and you'll be fine.....probably. so PLEASE, just roll over, play nice, and take my suggestions to heart. Kay? Thanks.

As remorseless as BigSmoke has seemed throughout this thread, I'm leaning heavily towards Antvasima's suggestion. Like, the term "annoying" is so subjective anyway, that banning someone solely for that reason might set a dangerous precedent IMHO.
I think permanent bans should be preserved for genuinely malicious individuals who actually do genuine harm to the community via vandalism, threats, harassment, etc...
BigSmoke really just sounds like a young man who's not really sure how to act, and seems to need guidance more than anything tbh. (As pretentious as that may sound lol)

@BigSmoke4269
Look man, you being here for fun really isn't something exclusive to you. We're all LITERALLY debating about the stats of fictional characters for hours, so obviously we're all here purely because we enjoy it. None of us are under the illusion that we're doing anything overly serious or vital to society; however, to many of us CRTs are kind of sacred because we put hours of work into them and would like them to go smoothly. The same goes for other serious threads such as farewell threads. That is to say, you should attempt to read the situation better, and think before you post whether this is the appropriate thread to joke around.
However, you have made it abundantly clear that you don't have enough tact to make that distinction yourself, so how about Uncle Slayer helps ya out, hmmm?

Here's some basic rules that should you follow will make your time on this forum much more pleasant for yourself and everybody else.

The BigSmoke Guidebook:

1) Keep your "fun" or "joke" related threads/comments exclusively to the Fun and Games board. That is what it was made for after all. That's not to say you can't ever joke, but since you clearly can't successfully and consistently "read the atmosphere" to know when to joke or be serious, I think following this rule to heart might be for the best.

2) NEVER post on other people's CRTs unless you have something VERY serious to say that is relevant to the topic at hand. It is also of extreme importance that you avoid profanity, condescending behavior, and personally attacking other users for any reason. Just make your point in the most concise manner, and call it a day.

4) If you have a serious issue with someone, don't start an altercation with them. Just be the bigger man, and ignore them. If they have seriously offended you, you can simply report them here on this thread.

5) Avoid making CRTs about topics that are currently undergoing a CRT, or that have just been concluded in a CRT. Nobody wants to go through the same topic right after going through a whole CRT for it.

6) Play nice with others as much as you can, and avoid making enemies. It's definitely more "fun" when you don't have a target on your back.....

7) Learn to back down when necessary. If something is unanimously rejected by literally everyone (or almost everyone), then maybe you should just let it go. Don't argue endlessly in circles when it's clear that something just won't be accepted. That's simply textbook derailment.

9) Obviously don't harrass anyone, and ALWAYS think before you post something whether it'll be offensive or not. Though if you follow the previous rules, you should generally be fine.
I hope

Look man, I don't know you, and I gain absolutely nothing from this, but I really don't want anyone to get banned unless they're completely and utterly reprehensible. I think you just need to shape up a little, and you'll be fine.....probably. so PLEASE, just roll over, play nice, and take my suggestions to heart. Kay? Thanks.
Perfectly synonymous with my earlier suggestion, but even better and more detailed, I wholeheartedly agree.

I suggested a warning so that you can have a chance of improving your behavior, and as a result, you won't at least incite the hostility or misunderstandings from other users next time, because that is exactly what is happening right now. I hope you really improve and shape up somewhat from now on, so that you don't get into this kind of trouble in the future.

Please, regarding what Ant, DaReaperMan, and UchihaSlayer said, I hope you follow their suggestions at least. I just really hope that you can at least stay out of trouble this time.

BigSmoke, regarding your replies here, I can understand the intent but I don't know if it's helping your case or just adding fuel to the fire.

We literally ban people for being rude and being unwilling to change. We in no way want to promote swearing directed towards characters or other users especially given actual children use our forums. We have banned people for toxic behaviour in the past, and I think being a complete dick and outright admitting to it is textbook toxicity.

@BigSmoke4269

The BigSmoke Guidebook:

I hope

I would strongly suggest that you copy-paste this rulebook BigSmoke, and try your best to follow it.

We literally ban people for being rude and being unwilling to change. We in no way want to promote swearing directed towards characters or other users especially given actual children use our forums. We have banned people for toxic behaviour in the past, and I think being a complete dick and outright admitting to it is textbook toxicity.
But he isn't a complete dick. He is just annoying and lacks common sense.

@DaReaperMan At this point I don’t get why we are taking this long to do anything. We know he won’t change, he already said that, we know he isn’t going to stop being an annoyance, we’ve seen that dozens of times, if we really think this is going to make a difference in any way, we are wasting time and breath

But he isn't a complete dick. He is just annoying and lacks common sense.
Hmm, didn’t we say the exact same thing with Zach?

Nothing is going to change and nothing is going to come out of this but negativity and annoyance, this is so obvious it hurts.

@DaReaperMan At this point I don’t get why we are taking this long to do anything. We know he won’t change, he already said that, we know he isn’t going to stop being an annoyance, we’ve seen that dozens of times, if we really think this is going to make a difference in any way, we are wasting time and breath
what rule did he break?

Hmm, didn’t we say the exact same thing with Zach?

Nothing is going to change and nothing is going to come out of this but negativity and annoyance, this is so obvious it hurts.
Well, let's see if he is willing to listen to reason regarding the instructions that we gave him. I doubt that he wants us to be forced to ban him after all.

We literally ban people for being rude and being unwilling to change.
well then you should probably stop doing that. wrongly banning the more aggressive people despite them not breaking any rules sounds like a great way to create sockpuppet trolls with grudges against the wiki. also, i am willing to change. i'm just not actually sure if i can.
We in no way want to promote swearing directed towards characters or other users especially given actual children use our forums.
add that to the discussion rules, then.
We have banned people for toxic behaviour in the past, and I think being a complete dick and outright admitting to it is textbook toxicity.
i don't think i've admitted to "being a complete dick". i have admitted to my lack of respect for things in general, as i find respect is difficult for me to grasp as a concept, but that doesn't seem to matter as long as it doesn't bleed into my behavior on this forum.

add that to the discussion rules, then.
I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say here? That the discussion rules should mention that children browse the forum, or that the rules should include something that anyone that has common sense already knows?

those suggestions are all fine. my only problem is the part about staying in f&g, since stuff like the annoying orange crt wouldn't really fit there despite me only really looking into the verse for the le funnis.

I'm sorry, but what are you trying to say here? That the discussion rules should mention that children browse the forum, or that the rules should include something that anyone that has common sense already knows?
if we're not allowed to swear on the forum, the rules should say so. not every website prohibits swearing, believe it or not.

those suggestions are all fine. my only problem is the part about staying in f&g, since stuff like the annoying orange crt wouldn't really fit there despite me only really looking into the verse for the le funnis.
I said you should stay there for appropriate topics, but you're not imprisoned there lol. You can still make, and participate on, regular CRTs provided that you follow the other instructions we've laid out for you.
if we're not allowed to swear on the forum, the rules should say so. not every website prohibits swearing, believe it or not.
You're allowed to swear, but it definitely shouldn't be done excessively, which I think is what most people here take issue with.

Also for the love of God, just apologize and move on.....
you don't have to respond to every criticism.

Ovens is trying to say to not swear in every post.
i'm pretty sure i don't do that anyways but okay
I said you should stay there for appropriate topics, but you're not imprisoned there lol. You can still make ,and participate on, regular CRTs provided that you follow the other instructions we've laid out for you.
fair enough
Also for the love of God, just apologize and move on.....
you don't have to respond to every criticism.
...what am i apologizing for, exactly? i still don't understand why i was reported, apart from generally being a nuisance.

i already pasted it into a text file.
Well, given that BigSmoke seems to have agreed to try to improve his behaviour, and the issue here is lack of common sense, not malicious intent, I think that we should leave him alone for the time being.

If he causes problems in the future, we can ban him for around a month or so, but it depends on the severity.

apart from generally being a nuisance.
what am i apologizing for, exactly?
Yeah, that's definitely a decent candidate, generally speaking.

Anyway, since you seem to understand the situation now, I personally suggest that you stop replying to this thread and just move on (while keeping our suggestions in mind moving forward, of course).

Back