• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

So, Tracer pretended to be two different persons over the years, and now, after trolling and doing a lot of ban worth stuff, he decided to help with a lot of threads and being helpful? Of course it makes a lot of sense.
I just don't understand why someone whose only goal is to harass and troll others would be so consistently helpful and productive for over a year at this point.

Last edited:
playing devil's advocate for a bit, but assuming their sock accounts were way back before LordTracer even had their current account. They could have had a change of heart and wanted to contribute for the better. But if they has these sock accounts currently going they may or may not do it just to get attention away from themselves, we won't know for sure until we get the evidence.

Well, for all we know, he could have used those other accounts to unload his stress, as they were set up well after his main account, but I have no idea. All I know is that our automatic system discovered hard evidence, and I have asked our system manager for further information. That is all that I can do.

I never thought of LordTracer as the type to secretly abuse multiple accounts all this time, but it's not the first time we've seen things like this come into play. But I agree that the sock system is supposed to be really effective unless people use VPN addresses; Fandom knows the Email Addresses and shared IPs. A commonly used IP could mean they strangely are people who use the same router whether it be from the same library or school property ect. But that's a stranger assumption than assuming they're the same guy.

But anyway, if this was the outcome; what is done is done. It's probably best to move on from this. I too am shocked, but even so.

I never thought of LordTracer as the type to secretly abuse multiple accounts all this time, but it's not the first time we've seen things like this come into play. But I agree that the sock system is supposed to be really effective unless people use VPN addresses; Fandom knows the Email Addresses and shared IPs. A commonly used IP could mean they strangely are people who use the same router whether it be from the same library or school property ect. But that's a stranger assumption than assuming they're the same guy.

But anyway, if this was the outcome; what is done is done. It's probably best to move on from this. I too am shocked, but even so.
...Why is that stranger than assuming they're the same guy, exactly?

...Why is that stranger than assuming they're the same guy, exactly?
From the information I have read from the replies above.

I guess it is more likely that a user made sockpuppets rather than sharing the same IP address with a different person "within a brief period of time" "in such a small community"? Because most of the time, two users have the same IP due to one of them being a sockpuppet, and not because they're two different person in the same IP. This won't apply to every case though, there could really be two users in the same IP for what I could know. Cases like that will definitely occur, even if it is more unlikely than the user having socks.

Last edited:
lordtracer's first contribution predates pan's by quite a bit. it's possible that he had older sockpuppets, and that no one actually drew a connection between them until he created dark force123. if we can track down his earlier socks, they might give us some further insight on his actions.
Well, for all we know, he could have used those other accounts to unload his stress, as they were set up well after his main account, but I have no idea. All I know is that our automatic system discovered hard evidence, and I have asked our system manager for further information. That is all that I can do.
nothing proves that this was his "main account". pan had multiple sockpuppets that didn't actually harass anyone (possibly to cause more confusion, i guess). in fact, lordtracer could have been a sockpuppet himself.

how exactly does this "automatic system" work?

nothing proves that this was his "main account". pan had multiple sockpuppets that didn't actually harass anyone (possibly to cause more confusion, i guess). in fact, lordtracer could have been a sockpuppet himself.
Yes, you make some decent points, but this will just prolong the discussion regarding the sock issue more. Others have suggested to wait instead for the confirmation from the system administrators.
how exactly does this "automatic system" work?
Let me reply using the words from above; verbatim.

"The thing is that the evidence is very clear, and our system has found other accounts of Pan's without any errors, and Pan has proven very good at lying and feigning to be harmless in the past, so I do not know what good it would do."

"I am not sure whether or not I should show it in public, as it reveals a bit about how our system works to trolls."

The information that we can uncover about the automatic system would only amount to this (or even if more information gets revealed about it, our basic understanding of the system won't probably change massively), because again, revealing more, according to staff, means that trolls might find its weaknesses.

So, I'll say this straight, if you're confused, then I'm just as confused as you are.

Last edited:
Similar concepts, but not really the same entirely. I think they're banning the users that were identified as having the same IP as the suspected socks, but it's most likely not banning the IP itself entirely, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I also wish that we had a bit more flexibility in this case though.

Last edited:
Well, for what it is worth, I am still very uneasy with this, but it is my disbelief against hard evidence, and Pan also quickly showed up to run LordTracer's defence by bombarding me with messages.

It's just strange to me that Tracer never tried reaching me on discord after I banned him, and when I took the initiative to contact him, all he had to say for himself was that he couldn't be Pan's sock because Pan's account was made after Tracer's (which doesn't prove or disprove anything, all it means is that Pan is Tracer's alt who resorted to trolling because of some reason, like any other troll we get. Not surprising since the "trolls" are mostly members of this community first, but then resort to trolling when something doesn't go their way). shrugs

Apart from that, Tracer said that he has nothing else to say. It's also strange that Pan is keeping tabs and shows up to Ant with the same excuse to defend Tracer.

SUS

Last edited:
It basically is a rift on Fallacies, where pointing out something as a ___ fallacy usually is used to discredit a text, this is meant to be a joke on how fallacies have the ability to instantly discredit things.

I don't remember ever considering banning you, but we should not derail this thread.

the idea of permabanning me for being annoying was first brought up here. you didn't seem to consider it (you were actually opposed to it), but everyone else did. most of the mods and a few users agreed that i should be permabanned, and the votes were actually against me until some bureaucrats said it was stupid. then, most of the others just sorta caved in and started parroting what they said (except for the particularly stubborn people who, ironically, still wanted to permaban me for being stubborn)

Back