• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Rule Violations Reports (New forum)

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
If we unblocked Mike from our wiki, I do not think that he has to be blocked in this forum, as long as he behaves properly, and does not create any sockpuppets.

I did permanently block the new vandal account that went around to change statistics without a CRT though.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Pretty sure we usually perm ban users who evade their bans with sock puppet accounts. As in, both their main and their sock puppet account. Not sure of the context here, so that may not be the case.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
It depends on the context. I think that we generally only extend the length of the bans if sockpuppets are used if it is an otherwise well-behaved member.

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
Apparently he was global banned for an out of context slur word on another wiki. Which really isn't an issue as long as he promises not to say those words outloud again on any Fandom platform wiki. Also, the sock thing happened on another wiki; Death Battle Fandom. And his block seems to have been lifted there. Personally, I think he's harmless overall.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We could also use a compromise solution and ban his account here for the time his Fandom block will continue to last.

However, we have very good automatic sockpuppet detection here, so if you create another such account to evade the block, both accounts will likely be blocked for much longer.

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Someone just does not simply edit a page to tier 0. Looks like a troll. But let's give him the benefit of doubt and say he is a new user who does not know how things work around here, and might have realized his mistake so he tried to undo his edit. I say keep an eye on him.

There seems to be some quarrel going on in the discussions forum. You might want to check it out.

Edit: This image didn't look so big in mobile lol, sorry.

Last edited:

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Levi Park contacted me and NoGround about this issue earlier, but I am not well informed about what is going on in the Discussions forum, and NoGround is reinstalling his computer since it crashed for him.

@TOAAPRESENCE1

I think that you spend time in that forum. What do you think that we should do?

Last edited:

The_Impress

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
....do Discussions have separate staff? If not... how is he going to become staff.?

I am very confused....

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Also, can some staff member give the Russian minor vandal a warning please?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The_Impress:

NoGround has been given permission to promote some discussion moderators that he trusts to help him keep the Discussions forum in order.

They will not get any extra rights within this forum though.

I'll take a look into the threads to see if I learn anything about what's happening there. They are probably all just kids making drama without much rationale behind it though.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
DxGenesis:

Yes. Agreed.

I personally think that we should disable Discussions as a forum due to the sheer incoherence and chaos. It wastes a lot of time for no gain.

However, the high-ranking Fandom staff member that I talked with about it several months ago was unwilling to do so.

Would you be willing to help me convince her @NoGround ? It would save you a lot of time and effort.

NoGround

VS Battles
Sysop
Wiki Manager
The discussions are a wild west right now.
They're significantly better than 2/3 months ago when they where completely unmoderated. A bit of drama between a troll and another user is nothing. Me simply weighing in and warning the offending party is enough to calm things down mostly. It was also 4am at the time I checked it so I wasn't going to stick around too much longer.

Regarding removing Discussions. This will result in VS Battles being removed from the Fandom App, where a surprising amount of visibility occurs for VS Battles Wiki.

It's also this integration that is preventing Discussions from being removed.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
NoGround:

Hmm. That is unfortunate. I suppose that disabling Discussions might have to wait until we have made our wiki more mobile and Google search friendly then.

NoGround

VS Battles
Sysop
Wiki Manager
NoGround:

Hmm. That is unfortunate. I suppose that disabling Discussions might have to wait until we have made our wiki more mobile and Google search friendly then.
I don't think it's going to happen. I personally have never seen an instance of Discussions being removed, ever. All staff are adaminite about not revoking it.

Don't get your hopes up. Like I said, things are still better than they were 2 months ago and I have my eyes on 2 more users to be a moderators for Discussions. Once a regular team starts building a regular administrator should be given a directorial role for that team.

And changing parts of the profile to brazilian. I was just about to report the same. I'm starting to think this recent influx of stupid edits might be coordinated vandalism.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Also, should I admin-lock the Rimuru profile, given the recent similar edits by different accounts?

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
Human Resources
I was already following this thread, I just hadn't commented on it before.

Notably if we "miss" a new comment and there is subsequent new comments after that, we stop getting notifications for new comments altogether. i.e. if I sleep and I get one new comment notification here and 4 notifications from other threads bury it, I'll continue missing new comment notifications unless I check the latest comment on the thread.

I was already following this thread, I just hadn't commented on it before.

Notably if we "miss" a new comment and there is subsequent new comments after that, we stop getting notifications for new comments altogether. i.e. if I sleep and I get one new comment notification here and 4 notifications from other threads bury it, I'll continue missing new comment notifications unless I check the latest comment on the thread.
Yeah that problem is super annoying It happened many times to me as well. Will they plan on fixing that?

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I can ask our system administrator about if there is anything he can do about it, or if it can be handled via adjustments of the personal user settings.

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group

This guy's first edit was to change Great Lord Gwyn's rating from High 4-C to High 1-A for, and I quote, "Gwyn is on his own to sustain the world for a thousand years. So it could be higher."

Ovens undid the revision before I could, I dropped the guy a message saying that sort of thing wasn't allowed and to consider it a warning. It reeks of troll behavior but I'm willing to believe it was an honest mistake for now.

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
Yeah, only one chance seems reasonable. Normally it's permaban if vandalisms are that extreme.

Elizhaa

VS Battles
Sysop
Yes, only one chance looks fine.

On the topic of the following thread, I was also following but I did get the same issue that Dargoo and others mentioned; I would use the Watched thread to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
We tend to permanently ban any new members who instantly start to severely vandalise profile pages, including their statistics, as it is too dangerous to let them roam free in the wiki to continue with more of the same.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
We tend to permanently ban any new members who instantly start to severely vandalise profile pages, including their statistics, as it is too dangerous to let them roam free in the wiki to continue with more of the same.
That really depends on the context. For example, this user left an edit summary that implied he truly believed in the rating and was clueless as to how things work around here. That's why I did not ban him, instead told Ovens to just revert the edit and leave an instruction message on his wall. And looking at his replies, he does not look problematic.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Sysop
I’d give them dude a chance. Normally someone changing a character to High 1-A is blatant trolling, but remember that it’s a TES character (in which most god tiers are on that level) and could’ve been a genuine mistake. Of course I could just be optimistic.

"Jiren transcending time means immensurable speed"
"Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he can't do it"
"Goku resists hax via being stronger"

All after bumping a old ass thread, keeps ignoring how the tiering and hax system work and such.

I'm not accusing him of being a troll or anything, but he should be kept a eye on or get a instructive warning, considering how cliche all of this is.

You are reporting someone for having a few commonly disagreed with opinions and sticking to his guns? Seriously

"Jiren transcending time means immensurable speed"
"Just because he didn't do it doesn't mean he can't do it"
"Goku resists hax via being stronger"

All after bumping a old ass thread, keeps ignoring how the tiering and hax system work and such.

I'm not accusing him of being a troll or anything, but he should be kept a eye on or get a instructive warning, considering how cliche all of this is.
its not an old thread though also he’s new so he probably doesn’t know that we need feats.

Edit: Don’t get heated it’s called fun and games for a reason

You are reporting someone for having a few commonly disagreed with opinions and sticking to his guns? Seriously
I'm reporting someone because said arguments are brought frequently by wankers and he pretty much didn't read how our tiering or hax page works and refuses to do so.

Better play safe, and i'm literally said to give him instructive shit, not to ban him or anything.

Sticking with your guns is fine, but not if you go against the system of the wiki before a CRT.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator

Reporting Zephyros for once again being especially hostile to Devil May Cry. Let me just be clear here for people who aren’t already familiar with him.

Zephyros has been very hostile to DMC for the longest of times, he is always spouting how it is wanked and that the profiles are wrong, and he has gone on record with calling DMC supporters “stupid” and even got banned as such because of this.

He also has been shown to be emotionally toxic whenever someone disagrees with him, as shown by him removing CRTs on both FF and like I mentioned DMC, he’s a thread from before he was banned. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:3883226?useskin=oasis

He does not listen to warnings even after he was banned, @Dragonmasterxyz can confirm as well.

Consistent behavior that hasn't changed even after being pushed into ban-worthy territory? Oh dear.

I don't know about a second temporary ban and hoping third time is the charm, but that sounds like it deserves a more permanent measure.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Zephyros literally knows that he has not only been banned for doing this but was also warned afterwards
I say just get rid of him given it’s clear he doesn’t want to change even after getting banned, but I leave that decision to the others

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
It takes quite extremely bad behaviour to get a permanent ban. Just disagreeing with our statistics is not nearly severe enough.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
A severe warning, or a temporary ban might be warranted though, given the post I was just shown.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Well, I think that he is a longtime member, so I am reluctant to just suddenly get rid of him without even letting him know about this issue, and a permanent ban seems very exaggerated in any case.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
If a temporary ban did nothing to discourage Zephyros the first time, then my sympathy well is dry. I'd argue for a perma ban.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I think that a permanent ban for a very minor offence like this seems very draconian.

Anyway, there seems to be something wrong with regular staff notifications, so I will try as well, for extra safety.

@ZephyrosOmega

Please comment here soon.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
We should not permaban people unless they are literally a lost cause who consistently cause trouble for the site on a regular basis or are straight up trolls. Zephy is free to disagree, but yes, that doesn't mean he can be hostile and a nuisance on threads for that. I think simply banning him from discussions related to DMC or a longer temp ban should work.

I would like to apologize for my behavior on that thread, and previous ones. A more serious situation outside this wiki was going very badly for me, and I was notified about this thread by a friend, immediately after a very similar thread (Archer vs Dante, another Fate/DmC match) made by me went somewhat sour for similar reasons. I acted out of turn, yes, and I extend my apologies to @Tony_di_bugalu for that, as well as anyone I have offended or upset in similar situations up until now.

If you are open to discussion on this, I would like to say something. I am currently GMing and participating in multiple roleplays on this forum, and banning me outright would, at the very least, inconvenience my fellow players, including the ones that I have to GM for.

I, however, will say that Versus Threads and Content Revision Threads both tend to lead to negative situations for me, but I have issues in terms of stopping myself, and I find myself going back to them despite knowing the personal consequences on my mental health. So, if I may, I'd request that I'm banned from participating in Versus Threads and Content Revision. Now that the forum move has hit, I really don't trust myself to stay calm in those types of threads, which is evident given what's been brought up here.

I only ask that I'm still allowed to post on this forum, as role-playing is something I really enjoy, and given my home situation as well, this is one of the only proper social interactions I can do with people I consider friends. But I think that disallowing me from participating in versus matches and CRTs is something that is going to be beneficial to both this wiki as a whole, and my own mental health. So, that's what I would suggest, at least.

In advance, thank you for at least hearing me out.