• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports (New forum)

Hmm, well the user is currently perma blocked atm because they ignored they ignored a warning for not creating a CRT.

I banned the Esdeath guy for 3 months.

I have noticed that 00potato has systematically been relentlessly and unreasonably arguing in ways that in sum total destabilise this community, waste the time and drain the energy of our staff members, and make our work less efficient, ever since he first entered this community, and has not really done anything else that I have noticed, or been willing to stop after multiple reprimands, so I think that he is likely a troll at this point, and that it would be beneficial if we remove him.

I'm not jumping on the train of this being a rule violation, but since Wright wanted examples, Ant seemed annoyed at his obstinate arguing in this thread and earlier today a similar situation happened from this post onward in the profile deletions thread. I don't remember any interactions with 00potato elsewhere so I can't provide anything further, positive or negative, myself.

I don't recall him doing something evil or anything like that

I don't recall Ant saying that 00potato did anything evil.

Well, I am just going from memory. Virtually every time I have seen him, both here and in the old forum, he has been a time-wasting massive interfering nuisance relentlessly arguing about stupid things that prevent us from getting anything done. This has happened dozens of times at this point.

I don't think he did anything extreme, but I do agree he's really obnoxious. But he often derails threads with off topic stuff. Like him saying "But I like clowns" when someone was told to stop clowning people. But in addition to those two examples, he also has defended an obvious Mikoto sock before simply because she seemed "Tamer than usual" and said we shouldn't ban her again, ignoring her over 5 year long trolling record combined with the fact that she's made hundreds of socks before. But that was a long time ago.

If he's going to be banned, it should be kept short. He's a persistent nuisance, but he's not an extremist.

Um, Ant? Didn't you criticize us for trying to ban annoying but otherwise harmless members earlier in this very thread?

Hell, Icantthinkofagoodname supported Potato in both of the linked arguments so far, from what I can tell and I was the guy pushing to ban him.

Um, Ant? Didn't you criticize us for trying to ban annoying but otherwise harmless members earlier in this very thread?

Hell, Icantthinkofagoodname supported Potato in both of the linked arguments so far, from what I can tell and I was the guy pushing to ban him.
I don't fully agree with him also when can you get my name right?

You kudosed one of his comments, at least.

Regardless, the point still stands. Ant was literally on the opposite end of this conversation earlier.

I have systematically avoided banning members that I simply find annoying. However, 00potato has struck me as running systematic obstructive interference for a long time, despite multiple warnings, to the degree that he seems to be doing it deliberately for trolling purposes.

Having it be a rare occurrence or stopping after one warning is reasonable, but many many uses and pretty much not even responding to warnings is a different story.

fwiw I couldn't find any warnings on their wiki's message wall, and they don't let people view their profile here. So I can't really verify that point about warnings.

From my experience with them, Potato is a nice user, sometimes can appear obnoxious and a warning should be enough for it.
Potato contributed in good ways, like the 6-C tournament of the opinions they give in vs threads or similar.
I definitely think they shouldn't be banned, a warning to ask them to avoid to behave in a obnoxious manner sometimes is enough, imho

Last edited:
Well, I have repeatedly told him to stop interfering or causing problems directly in the past within the discussion threads where he has been a nuisance, but if Saman says that this is not all that he does, I may be overreacting.

The first things that come to my mind are the 6-C tournament, the strongest plant for every tier thread and the contributions they gave to Metal Sonic vs Anilaza yesterday and to the Vytal Festival.
I too recall some comment that can be perceived as annoying, but some other times I think they just stick to sincere opinions, when they may move to proper threads or keep the discussion for later.
I don't know all of their contributions chronology, so I'm open to example of negative behaviour , but so far I think that there's an equilibrium.
We could tag them here, the fact that a ban has been proposed might be more effectuve than a warning.

Well, he started off by constantly interferering in rule-violations threads in very stupid and obnoxious manners, but I suppose that he has not done so in a while.

While I can't speak highly of his debating skills from what I've seen of him I really don't think labeling him as a troll is a viable response. Misguided? Sure. But at most if he's being so annoying stop him from participating in VS threads. No need to ban the guy outright.

How is that ban or even warning worthy? I disagreed with things and made my case. I even agreed that the “whether DB is valid for FC/OC.” Thing should be a separate thread.

I don’t want to get into the other RVR stuff from the past since, well y’all were there, we are past that.

Okay. You need to try to be less argumentative in general at least. What I said earlier is the kind of behaviour that I remember from you.

Back