• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Fandom Staff, to politely request permanent range IP blocks.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Notes:

All staff members, kindly follow and bookmark this thread.

Remember to inform members via their message walls if that you have reported them here, in case they have performed severe enough rule-violations to risk being blocked. However, this should only be used in uncertain cases, not if they have done something instantly ban worthy, or if their offenses are minor.

It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get globally banned yourself by the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com

https://imgur.com/

https://imageshack.us

Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussio, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban.

It is also best to report extreme serial-sockpuppet accounts directly to the Fandom Staff.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1839655

I am deleting the comments. This is not a discussion thread to constantly be spammed by unnecessary comments about Mckmal.

Wait, a minute, I don't mean to be intrusive, but can't you just get the guy's internal IP blacklisted?

We already have a rule that hardly anybody follows.

"Do not derail the Rule Violation Threads with irrelevant nonsense or internal disputes. It is solely for making serious, warranted reports of violations of the Site, Discussio, and Editing Rules, and not for discussion or side comments. Such posts should preferably be removed by the staff, and if a member continues to derail after being repeatedly told to stop, this will result in a temporary ban."

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Should we make a new rule not to discuss Mckmal here? It is very annoying.
Making a discussion rule centered around him specifically would only serve to boost his desire for attention. It would be better to make a generalized rule to not engage in discussion about sockpuppets on Rule Violation reports. Especially not the more notorious sockpuppets.

I made an addition to the bottom of the first post in this thread.

Just one comment regarding you know who.

As far as I have been informed, he and his group of trolls intend to replace this wiki with one of their own, but unless they together spend around 50000 hours working on making it as good as possible over a period of several years, and are very perfectionistic while doing so, it is very unlikely that it is going to work, because that is what our community has had to do in order to succeed.

It is better that they go on with their lives and focus on something else.

Sorry to intrude, but the topics of this thread are wrong enough to be considered memetic, considering a certain user's history with a certain Marvel character and "omnipotence" itself.

So anyone got any advise on how I can handle this situation? Young decided to make me an admin-bureaucrat on vs.bex2.0 after reporting a "you know who" sock to him. Now I don't know much about either wiki, and I don't really care for the position since I'm never there, but I've seen some really sexually graphic content on the new one, and I'd reeally rather not be in such a high position on a wikia with that stuff.

I don't know if this would count as derailing, and deepest apologies if I did, but I wasn't sure who to take this to.

You could just go to chat and ask for advice or contact any staff member willing to talk, really.

You could ask Young-Jah to remove all such content from the wiki, or ask the Fandom staff what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back