• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidents is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

Here is a useful page for discovering sockpuppet accounts: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Special:Log/newusers

Note: It is against the Fandom rules to upload any offensive images to the wiki, so in order to show screencapture evidence of extremely bad behaviour, you must use external sites, such as Gyazo or Imgur, in order to not get in trouble yourself from the higher-ups:

https://gyazo.com/

https://imgur.com/

Kaltias said:
Use the button "follow", instead of commenting, it's better
I think that they just do that to make others known that they have an eye placed here.

Also, Following.

Yeah, basically. If a post gets actual comments saying that we followed it makes it feel more noticed than a punch of silent follows.

Forgive me if I am being paronoid, but im reporting LordAizenSama and Kyle Ramos because of this thread here .

-Serious backlash against Pokemon material, saying stuff is "nonsense" despite mentioning multiple times for them to make a CRT (and for Aizen, he even says he avoids pokemon threads but yet does not make a CRT as ruled to voice his issues) and it getting ignored.

-Seemingly big sarcasim set against me that I don't appreciate

-Kyle showing very rude behavoir against me, telling me to "drop" arguments on things that have long been accepted or me being "unreasonable".

- Huge amount of trolling (that or its the sarcasim I previously mentioned) and derailment.

-Kyle saying the thread is "a joke"

Apologies if this isn't report worthy and I'll own up to it if it isn't, but I thought this should be brought up because of what's happening now.

Ramos was actually banned twice for doing stuff like this, looks like he hasnt learned

This also isnt the first time Aizen has done something like this on top of a few instances of needless aggression ive seen recently

What.

Read the thread before banning me, please.

He actually provoked both of us multiple times and we arent reporting him at all.

I really wouldn't say that what LAS and Kyle did was wrong enough to 've reported. Where they somewhat immature? Yes. But I really wouldn't say they're bad.

They aren't trolling. If anything it's just sarcasm as you said previously.

And as for Kyle calling that joke a thread I believe he was referring to the fact that the thread itself was literally made into a joke. Look at the other comments.

Also someone telling you to drop a discussion isn't exactly "Rude." Just ignore them.

We cannot ban people for being somewhat sarcastic, and as stated at the top of this thread, you should not report people due to simple disagreements.

"Equalization works highly on a case-by-case basis, so many relevant cases should be discussed in the versus thread itself."

I'm pretty sure a CRT wouldn't be required for this, and I think assigning "types" to non-Pokemon opponents isn't how verse equalization works, which usually the equalization of energies, not assigning an entire in-verse classification to an individual or technique. I think Aizen is reasonable.

Kyle Ramos said:
He actually provoked both of us multiple times and we arent reporting him at all.
Show me this right now please or never happened.

Also @Ant

Banning wasn't my intention really (and I didn't expect bans to be given out anyway actually). If anything maybe a warning on some level is what I had in mind.

I looked at the thread and said "sarcasm" was post after post of trolling and mockery that derailed the thread.

Okay. I will check through the thread.

Yes But the problem here is, with all due respect, this isnt what the argument was at all. At least, most of it anyway.

The combatants themselves? Definitely not getting a type and iirc we have a rule against this regarding pokemon anyway.

What was being discussed is the combatants techniques receiving a pokemon type (if it can get one at all that is) as thats what we've done and what we do for literally all pokemon threads. Weekly even acknowledges this, further noting the credibility of staff long accepting this. THIS is what I was mentioning to make a CRT about, not the former.

Ant seems to have already addressed the situation and Kukui himself clarified he wasn't intentionally looking for a ban as a punishment. Is there evidence to cite and prove that they're purposefully doing this other than looking at their records and saying "yeah it happened then it is clearly happening again"?

We told you multiple times some moves just dont fit into certain types.

Now that we just brought up Goku usually bites opponents and that would give him an advantage, you come here to report us both instead of debating us.

Yes and you failed to accurately explain why Goku's moves wouldnt be apart of that, which we've kinda long accepted as types (or else Rayquaza wouldnt have won against Frieza).

Also, you do know I brought this here long before you even gotten into that right? And with the amount of trolling and derailment in that thread, it's difficult to tell whats even being taken seriously anymore honestly.

Personally I think both of ya need to stop , completely abusing the shit out of pokemon equalization is bad but slapping the same thing onto everything is bad too .

I did laugh though I'll give ta that .

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Personally I think both of ya need to stop , completely abusing the shit out of pokemon equalization is bad but slapping the same thing onto everything is bad too .
But its not abusement, unless you are saying every other Pokemon thread with this involved is abusement now too. Im only going off of whats been established by the lot of us and using it the exact same way, nothing else.

Okay. I have read the thread, and it is clearly being derailed with nonsense, but I do not see anything actually meanspirited or insulting going on. As such, I think that starting to ban people seems like a massive overreaction, but feel free to give Kyle and Aizen official warnings.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I have read the thread, and it is clearly being derailed with nonsense, but I do not see anything actually meanspirited or insulting going on. As such, I think that starting to ban people seems like a massive overreaction, but feel free to give Kyle and Aizen official warnings.
I don't think Aizen deserves a warning. The site rules doesn't cover sarcasm as an offense, and according to the SBA, he's within his rights to challenge the equalization in the thread. Blatant attacks are another story.

Well, the thread was being derailed with nonsense, and Aizen has done this sort of thing previously as well. A light warning seems to be in order.

Why should I get a warning for not violating any rules like UMR said? What was said was ontopic using the verse equalisation that was apparently allowed until cal debunked it.

Everything I said was ontopic and to the point.

No offense of course, but Im failing to see what exactly that I said was wrong in that whole thread.

I only went off of what we as a majority accept regarding Pokemon standards. To use the type resistances for only defensive purposes, not offensive ones that breech into the NLF territory issue we had before. Standards that we've accepted and used for literally every single pokemon thread we all can think of from then to now. Not only that, I was given the impression by others there that what I was saying and clarifying was 100% correct.

@Ant. I didn't mean to give everyone warnings. I meant that this thread should serve as a wake up call to everyone in that thread, as pretty much everyone except for a handful was in the wrong, even if their arguments were right.

@Aizen

Because you started to derail the thread with jokes and sarcasm.

Still, I do not think anything more than a light warning to make an effort to shape up in the future is necessary. We do not want to turn into complete thought police. A balance is necessary to not either allow or forbid too much.

However, you have to start to take your behaviour in this wiki seriously. We want a calm and harmonic environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back