• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Please report any rule violations in this thread. Notifying us of such incidences is highly appreciated.

Additionally, kindly report any sockpuppets that you come across.

Only report violations regarding the wiki rules. False reports due to personal vendettas are unacceptable.

Also, this thread should be for reporting actual rule-breaking, not every single little disagreement.

In cases of extreme vandalism or trolling, you can report the accounts at the VSTF wiki.

If blocked members create sockpuppet accounts to circumvent their block repetitively, or several are created at almost the same time, you may contact the Wikia Staff, to politely request permanent IP blocks.

Note: All staff members, kindly follow, and bookmark, this thread.

You can also find specific users with the Search Function by typing with the format: "User:Username"

thisguy, seems to be one. He joined the wiki 60 min. ago and his only post was on this thread. He voted for Madara and had the same argumentation as one of them before him.

^Was there. Can confirm.

Meosos also called the guy out as being a sock, and they proceeded to stop talking for the rest of the thread. Suspicious? Yeah.

Well, he has not seemed to have been trolling, vandalised, or made offensive comments. It is hard to ban somebody who has just made mostly harmless posts in a versus thread. However, if other staff members disagree, feel free to proceed.

I think Meosos's main reason for reporting him is that he seems to be a sockpuppet of I don't care I luv it, due to the fact that he showed up mere moments after the latter voted and bears many similarities to him, and the fact that Madara VS Magneto is the only thread 'Newusername9000' has commented on since he joined the wiki. I dunno if that alone is enough to warrant a ban, but if the two are indeed the same person, it more or less means he was stacking the votes in favor of the character he likes more.

There's actually another one in that thread who seems like he may be the same person as well, and in this case, he and 'I dont care' also showed up in this thread to vote for the same character, with the latter even going as far as to vote 'for connects reasons'.

EDIT: There's also the bit I mentioned above about how Newusername9000 stopped commenting completely once he was accused of being an alternate profile.

Well, I suppose that I can block the account then. It seems inactive now anyway.

Should I block the other two as well?

It's up to you, but if you want my opinion, using alts to add extra votes to matches seems like a block-worthy offense.

Maybe is just my imagination but Newestfighter seems very rare.

Not only constantly make mitmatches with the excuse of "hax>>>>ap alone" but also how is his type of writing.

I suggest someone keep an eye on him.

To add to the above, this is from FC/OC VS Battles:

"02:34, September 7, 2017 CrossverseCrisis (wall | contribs) blocked Newestfighter (wall | contribs) with an expiry time of infinite (cannot edit own talk page) (Abusing multiple accounts: Possible sock of a user who asked me a similar question along with having similar grammar)"

This is the question in question: https://vsbattles.com/fcoc-vs-battles/34751

He seems to be like Disagreement and his socks (whom i reported in the previous thread )

Someone should at least talk to Newest about how to make a versus thread as all the ones they've made so far are kinda........

Bad.

Yeah, let's not rush now (Though tbh and as much as i hate to say it, he is most likely a sock )

Feel free to give him a warning if you wish.

You can give him a warning, yes.

He also changed Levi's profile (tier), then when Weekly reverted it he changed it back again. Probably a warning.

Were the matchups acceptable, and did he change any profile statistics without content revision threads?

I'm not too sure on the first one but I do think that he was told not to add matchup that haven't been concluded. And no he has never made a content revision thread to upgrade characters.

Hmm. I would appreciate if some other staff member could investigate this, as I have an absolutely massive backlog to take care of today.

I checked him up a bit, and have blocked him for a month. If other admins think that he should be banned for a longer period, feel free to do so.

I have asked him to change profile image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back