• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 1, Match 1 of the Low 2-C Tournament: Yharim vs Marisa Kirisame!

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Speed Equalised

Both are Low 2-C

Marisa doesn't have the Ultramarine Orb Elixir

both start 10 meters away from the other

SBA otherwise

Yharim: 0

Marisa Kirisame: 0

inconclusive: 4

Last edited:
all right, Yharim is a character who has a lot of unknowns surrounding him outside of scaling, and the only fight where we actually know what the devil happens is when Calamitas dropped Golem on Yharim, where he physically AP'd it, considering Yharim's sword has hax through projectiles Marisa should not be getting hit since this is god damn Touhou we are talking about, but we have a physical AP fighter vs a ranged spammer, Yharim also doesnt have much to steal and is 9 feet tall, hes not a hard target to hit

Yharim hasn’t shown up in his story yet (well he technically did, but very barely). He’ll either open with madness manipulation or sealing since those are the only abilities we know he’s used and he used them both practically immediately.

However I just want to say I’m not even sure if Yharim should even be usable on this site. He isn’t a versus battles character, though it seems fc oc and the other sites now share this sites matches system and while the victory or losses can’t be added to the official profiles for obvious reasons but they could be added to Yharim’s profile.

going more in-depth Yharim should have a fairly decent AP advantage, since his scaling chaing is Yharim>Calamitas>>>Yharon>>>DoG>>>Ceaseless Void
Yharim hasn’t shown up in his story yet (well he technically did, but very barely). He’ll either open with madness manipulation or sealing since those are the only abilities we know he’s used and he used them both practically immediately.

However I just want to say I’m not even sure if Yharim should even be usable on this site. He isn’t a versus battles character, though it seems fc oc and the other sites now share this sites matches system and while the victory or losses can’t be added to the official profiles for obvious reasons but they could be added to Yharim’s profile.
actually Madness Manipulation was on Calamitas and Sealing was against Permafrost who was above Yharim at the time also Yharim wasnt even there and that was more of a prep/prior knowledge thing, Yharim's only actual physical fight where we know how hes fought is Golem, he madnessed Calamitas right afterword for it sure, but in terms of anything Yharim has never fought Calamitas that we know of

I know when and why he used the madness and seal. He’s barely soon up so I’m just going to assume he’ll do the two things he’s shown to do, which is sealing or madness. Last I checked it was Yharim’s men that fought the Golem. As far as I’m aware the only thing we know Yharim has done in a fight is sealing and madness manipulation, so I’m going to assume he’s opening with either of those.

@Keeweed "The Golem rampaged through the temple, distracting Yharim and his soldiers" "When Yharim and his men obliterated the Golem he cursed Calamitas for her betrayal" Yharim and his men AP'd the Golem, Reread Calamitas' story lol

also Madness Manipulation is barely combat-acclible and Marisa isnt stepping into any of Yharim's rune circles, she flies for gods sake

Last edited:
also Madness Manipulation is barely combat-acclible and Maria isnt stepping into any of Yharim's rune circles, she flies for gods sake
It has been a while since I’ve read the calamity lore, but I won’t say the madness is ‘barely’ combat applicable.

Though I’m eating right now. I’ll be back soon.

basically Yharim's only real fight was with The Golem, which he AP'd to death, we do kind of have to go with what Yharim has done in fights, which Yharim has only had two confirmed fights, one which he AP'd Golem, and the other which he gave DoG a ring and told him Signus was his dinner, which he can't do here and i never mentioned it for that reason, also on top of the fact that Marisa would absolutely shred DoG into itty bitty pieces
How are those moves activated?
Sealing is with Rune Circles and Madness Manipulation is thought-based, Marisa will be out of range for the former since it takes a bit to set up, and she should resist the latter since its Type 2 Madness Manip, and Yharim would likely not do the latter in a direct fight anyway since hes not stupid enough to use something that will ressurect his opponent
Marisa also have her own scaling chain
Marisa>>Clownpeice>>>>Suiki>>>>Seiga>>Average Hermit~Average Oni>Baseline
neat, does she kill Seiga in a few hits? cause if not Yharim should have a bit of an advantage, since Ceaseless is baseline and DoG should be capable of crushing ceaseless, the profiles are outdated so don't use them against me there
It has been a while since I’ve read the calamity lore, but I won’t say the madness is ‘barely’ combat applicable.

Though I’m eating right now. I’ll be back soon.
it takes a long ass time to actually effect Calamitas, and she was an unknown distance away at the time, while it will be faster then that we really cant say that it will be coming into play, even if she didnt already resist mind manipulation enough to resist Yharim's madness manip

neat, does she kill Seiga in a few hits?
That isn't matter as Suiki was able to create many watter explosions for weeks that just one of them was strong enough to completly destroy Seiga and Clownpeice stated to have a power that beyond all of the Kishin masters (which Suiki is one of them) and Marisa scale above Peice
Honestly I have no idea where did Marisa beat Seiga lol

That isn't matter as Suiki was able to create many watter explosions for weeks that just one of them was strong enough to completly destroy Seiga and Clownpeice stated to have a power that beyond all of the Kishin masters (which Suiki is one of them) and Marisa scale above Peice
Honestly I have no idea where did Marisa beat Seiga lol
So they're about even give or take, since DoG stomps baseline, Yharon stomps DoG, Calamitas stomps Yharon and Yharim upscales from Calamitas to outright stomping her

So this is basically a question of can Marisa kill Yharim before the ladder forces her into a close quarters fight, which Marisa isn't very skilled in, now I will use what I know and go through everything

Powers and Abilities: Yharim easily, he resists most of Marisa's abilities and has many abilities that Marisa doesn't resist, with most of them being projectiles, and the rest being if Yharim is hit. its fairly unlikely that Marisa will be able to copy Yharim's magic due to most of it being rune magic which is made expressly clear to be different from normal magic in Calamity, unless im getting something wrong i don't think Marisa has ever seen Rune Magic.

Ap/durability: they should be about even give or take though Marisa's Danmaku will wrack up the damage.

Stamina/LS: Yharim. Destroys.

Range: Yharim mostly has the advantage outside of spell cards and Marisa's Master Spark

Expierience/Skill: i don't think i need to comment on expierience considering Yharim is at bare minimum 10 times older then Marisa and spent most of that time fighting or leading. as for Skill Marisa is stated on her profile to not be very skilled in close combat and Yharim is certainly not your average bloke in skill, Yharim takes it on both fronts

Overall: while it does seem Yharim should whoop Marisa's ass handily, the ladders Danmaku is better then anything Yharim has ever seen, and I'm fairly sure(Keeweed correct me if wrong on this) that Silva Stun is only physical attacks, so the question is can Marisa kill Yharim twice in 5 minutes or less before Yharim kills her by hitting her with an 18 foot long Greatsword that covers two thirds of Marisa's normal range, there's also the fact that Yharim can teleport behind Marisa and kill her physically that way.

id wager maybe, Yharim covers most of Marisa's range just with his arm length and sword so unless Marisa is backing up she is getting hit by the swords nasty projectiles or the sword itself, which the former burns Marisa's life force, burns her soul, and deconstructs her a bit, which i can't imagine feels very good, nothing that will kill Marisa if she doesn't get hit by it constantly, but its still notable, of course while Yharim is in-range to do this Marisa is throwing Touhou Danmaku at him which will damage him quite a bit and likely lead to Yharim figuring out Marisa's range, and the next thing that happens is seeing how good Marisa is in melee, if she doesn't back up she will end up injured or dead if she's taken enough of a beating because getting hit by an 18 foot long Greatsword thats like two inches thick and 2 feet wide is not very good...

I looked it up and it says the melee projectiles (as contradictory as that may sound, it’s what the armor says). So anything that comes from Yharim’s sword inflicts Silva Stun.

I looked it up and it says the melee projectiles (as contradictory as that may sound, it’s what the armor says). So anything that comes from Yharim’s sword inflicts Silva Stun.
Okay so Marisa practically can't get hit or Yharim sends her the way of the dodo physically, this is basically Touhou Danmaku vs Yharim's projectiles, honestly this is almost looking to be Inconclusive to me, but I don't know Touhou so that may change

Touhou characters regularly dodge bullet hell that completely covers the entire screen all the time. So it’s going to be very hard for him to hit her. But he has regeneration and if Marisa does do fatal damage he gets to resurrect every couple of minutes. This fight is going to be ridiculously drawn out.

I just want to ask, I’ve heard touhou’s type 5 immortal was supposed to be changed to optional equipment. If that isn’t the case does I don’t know if Yharim could get past that (almost completely forgot Marisa had that, I only remembered Reimu has it).

Touhou characters regularly dodge bullet hell that completely covers the entire screen all the time. So it’s going to be very hard for him to hit her. But he has regeneration and if Marisa does do fatal damage he gets to resurrect every couple of minutes. This fight is going to be ridiculously drawn out.

I just want to ask, I’ve heard touhou’s type 5 immortal was supposed to be changed to optional equipment. If that isn’t the case does I don’t know if Yharim could get past that (almost completely forgot Marisa had that, I only remembered Reimu has it).
I restricted what gives Marisa type 5 Immortality so she doesn't have that here

Yeah, this fight is going to be very drawn out, which brings the question of Marisa's stamina to bear since Yharim scales to DoG who can go for at least months without rest, and can also tank hundreds of attacks at his level scaling to every other character that isn't the Terrarian in Calamity

Ok that’s good, then I’m leaning on inconclusive. Either Marisa slowly withers him down and kills him twice in a row, or she gets hit once and dies. Though I should note Marisa passively makes a Forcefield when stunned. Though I believe in the more recent game that Forcefield doesn’t help against very strong attacks.

Ok that’s good, then I’m leaning on inconclusive. Either Marisa slowly withers him down and kills him twice in a row, or she gets hit once and dies. Though I should note Marisa passively makes a Forcefield when stunned. Though I believe in the more recent game that Forcefield doesn’t help against very strong attacks.
Or Marisa runs out of stamina at some point, but that really depends on if the fight lasts that long, IIRC Marisa is more likely to kill Yharim twice or get hit if she has more then a few hours worth of stamina

Counting Keeweed that Is actually grace... please RNGesus don't **** me over now, heads is Yharim tails is Marisa give me a second

Back