• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Round 1, Match 3: Puck vs Kamen Rider Kuuga (Rising Forms)

Tournament
Round 1, Match 3: Puck (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu) (@Nico-v11) vs Kamen Rider Kuuga (Rising Forms) (Kamen Rider) (@Jamesthetaker)
Rules: Equal Speed, location is Tazmily Village (Because screw New York I want other place rather than central park), also EoS Kuuga with Rising forms is used cause as noted in profile at the end of the series these form doesn't have time limit. Also since Puck range is huge I'll made it around 75 meters let's say.
Quick plot: Kuuga visited Nowhere Islands and decided to see the small town nearby. However there was no one except for a little blue crystal shaped object, Kuuga looked closer, suddenly Puck appeared from that object. Kuuga transformed instantly, but that only aggravated situation as Puck also started to be aggressive for a self defense.

Puck:

Kuuga:

Inconclusive:

Wouldn’t using EoS Kuuga have him at tier 6? Could you explain how that works so I can try to understand his power set?

I believe his tier 6 is exactly for his forms he gets at the end of the series, but Rising Forms at EoS just are without time limit no upgrades in AP.

At least this is what I'm excepting when @Jamesthetaker would explain him.

Just want to know is Puck fine in the tournament i mean its made of Mana don't know if to hit him you have to possess energy manipulation or something to hit him

I believe his tier 6 is exactly for his forms he gets at the end of the series, but Rising Forms at EoS just are without time limit no upgrades in AP.

At least this is what I'm excepting when @Jamesthetaker would explain him.
You are correct. His Tier 6 comes from Amazing Mighty which he will not use in this tourney. So in this tourney, he can use Rising Mighty, Rising Dragon, Rising Pegasus and Rising Titan.

What can Kamen Rider do against Shamack?
Puck can also fly, which is probably a big advantage since Puck's range game seems to be stronger than Kamen Riders.

What can Kamen Rider do against Shamack?
Puck can also fly, which is probably a big advantage since Puck's range game seems to be stronger than Kamen Riders.
Well, Shamack I guess is projectile. Kuuga may dodge it with acrobatics and with a help of his enhanced senses.

Plus some of Kuuga attacks can go up to 3 km, so he can pretty much tag in distance if needed.

Hmm, I don't think Kuuga has ever dealt with something like Shamack. What counters it?

Well, Shamack I guess is projectile. Kuuga may dodge it with acrobatics and with a help of his enhanced senses.
If it is a projectile, he has the potential to dodge it depending on how fast it is.

Another thing to note is that if Kuuga transforms into Rising Pegasus, he will have several 1000 times the senses of humans and access to the Pegasus Bowgun. So if he needs to shoot down something, he can reliably do so.

I just used YouTube to find Shamac...

If there's no explanation for this...
This would be one of the biggest bruh of mine here.

if i'm correct to counter Shamak you should have like extrasensory perception or resistance to mind manip
Hmm, Base Pegasus's description goes like this: "In addition to sensory functions such as sight, hearing, and smell, mental aspects such as judgment and insight are also strengthened. The special weapon is "Pegasus Bowgun". With its sharpened extrasensory ability and strong mental power, it boasts a shooting ability of 100 shots. On the other hand, in exchange for extrasensory perception, physical strength is exhausted, and the morphology can be maintained for up to about 50 seconds."
Naturally, Rising Pegasus would upscale from these and the 50 seconds weakness is gone by EoS.

Hmm, Base Pegasus's description goes like this: "In addition to sensory functions such as sight, hearing, and smell, mental aspects such as judgment and insight are also strengthened. The special weapon is "Pegasus Bowgun". With its sharpened extrasensory ability and strong mental power, it boasts a shooting ability of 100 shots. On the other hand, in exchange for extrasensory perception, physical strength is exhausted, and the morphology can be maintained for up to about 50 seconds."
Naturally, Rising Pegasus would upscale from these and the 50 seconds weakness is gone by EoS.
just to be clear i was talking in general

Shamal + Absolute Zero is a yikes. Not up to me for decision making tho this seems pretty strong- then again Copen exists so I‘d be a hypocrite

Yeah, Shamak isn't exactly a projectile. Here's what it looks like from the perspective of someone not getting blinded:

It's basically an AoE smokescreen around the user.. (unless that's some weird part just Subaru does). However, Puck's is probably much bigger since he is like a million times more powerful and experienced than a complete magic n00b like Subaru.

I don't know which kind of extrasensory perception Pegasus has (the profile doesn't even list the ability for the rising forms?), but since Shamak apparently works by disconnecting the mind from the surroundings, I don't think ESP would overcome it.

Plus some of Kuuga attacks can go up to 3 km, so he can pretty much tag in distance if needed.
Actually, the only thing the profiles states to be 3 km is his giant explosions. Constantly spamming giant explosions around yourself as your only method of attack doesn't seem ideal... that's why I say Puck's range game seems better.

If Shamak is a smokescreen, can Kuuga go Rising Dragon form and try to jump out of it?

Kuuga's explosions don't hurt him so he wouldn't be opposed to using it.

Kuuga would most likely summon Gouram to help out here. Does Shamak work on machines?

I guess Shamac wouldn't work on machines since it's blocking senses, and machines doesn't have senses.

Yusuke could use Pegasus Form or Dragon Form when dealing against Shamac. Pegasus increases his senses to the point where we can catch projectiles that he couldn't see and hit very small targets mid air. So he would know where his opponent is, even when he can't see them. Dragon Form on the other hand increases his agility. It's first showing allowed him to jump from ground level to ontop of a skyscraper.

It is also worth noting that both of those feats were done in base Pegasus and Dragon. The Rising variants are far stronger in senses and agility respectively.

Kuuga's himself can transform mid air in just a second and Dragon Form are very agile so i believe he could dodge Shamac before it get to him. This isn't the first time Kuuga fought against enemy that could fly and he could summon Gourai to do the same. Absolute Zero might be a problem but Kuuga can fly.

The AP difference is 1.5x not much but still an advantage for Kuuga and the this is EoS version so he would be a little bit stronger than that.

Last edited:
I think that arguments for Puck still need to be put out, but as of right now, Kuuga FRA. That makes it 5 votes.

If Shamak is a smokescreen, can Kuuga go Rising Dragon form and try to jump out of it?
Shamack isn't a normal smokescreen, though. The effect doesn't lift the moment you get out of it. You would need to dodge the smoke to begin with and since it's omnidirectional, I don't think that would work.

Kuuga's explosions don't hurt him so he wouldn't be opposed to using it.
Maybe, but if you do nothing but spam giant explosions you are not only completely and entirely predictable, but doing so will also eat into his stamina fast.

Kuuga would most likely summon Gouram to help out here. Does Shamak work on machines?
No, but doe Gouram fight without receiving proper instructions? And can it protect Kuuga while doing so? Puck can summon barrages of ice projectiles, so if Gouram just fights on its own a Kuuga under Shamak's effect would just get killed in the middle of Puck's and Gouram's fight.

Yusuke could use Pegasus Form or Dragon Form when dealing against Shamac. Pegasus increases his senses to the point where we can catch projectiles that he couldn't see and hit very small targets mid air. So he would know where his opponent is, even when he can't see them. Dragon Form on the other hand increases his agility. It's first showing allowed him to jump from ground level to ontop of a skyscraper.

It is also worth noting that both of those feats were done in base Pegasus and Dragon. The Rising variants are far stronger in senses and agility respectively.
How is that relevant? Shamak is a mind technique. Enhancing your existing senses doesn't work, since it's not a normal smokescreen. Your eyes could be infinitely good and it would be useless if your brain refuses to recognize what they transmit to it.

Kuuga's himself can transform mid air in just a second and Dragon Form are very agile so i believe he could dodge Shamac before it get to him.
It's omnidirectional, so you can't just jump to the side or anything to dodge it. You would need to outrun the entire technique and speed equal I don't see how that should happen. Not to mention that he has no way of expecting that technique.

This isn't the first time Kuuga fought against enemy that could fly and he could summon Gourai to do the same. Absolute Zero might be a problem but Kuuga can fly.
That flight doesn't seem very agile and like it would be shot down by Puck with a barrage of a few dozen icicles. Like this:

That flight device is literally too big to dodge through the gaps between his shots.

Also, why is flight not part of his abilities if he can fly?

Shamack isn't a normal smokescreen, though. The effect doesn't lift the moment you get out of it. You would need to dodge the smoke to begin with and since it's omnidirectional, I don't think that would work.

Maybe, but if you do nothing but spam giant explosions you are not only completely and entirely predictable, but doing so will also eat into his stamina fast.

No, but doe Gouram fight without receiving proper instructions? And can it protect Kuuga while doing so? Puck can summon barrages of ice projectiles, so if Gouram just fights on its own a Kuuga under Shamak's effect would just get killed in the middle of Puck's and Gouram's fight.

How is that relevant? Shamak is a mind technique. Enhancing your existing senses doesn't work, since it's not a normal smokescreen. Your eyes could be infinitely good and it would be useless if your brain refuses to recognize what they transmit to it.

It's omnidirectional, so you can't just jump to the side or anything to dodge it. You would need to outrun the entire technique and speed equal I don't see how that should happen. Not to mention that he has no way of expecting that technique.

That flight doesn't seem very agile and like it would be shot down by Puck with a barrage of a few dozen icicles. Like this:

That flight device is literally too big to dodge through the gaps between his shots.

Also, why is flight not part of his abilities if he can fly?

DT just a question to be not affected by Shamak( except with Resistance to Mind manipulation) you would need extrasensory perception right?

I'm not a Re:Zero expert and can just go by the quotes on the page, but from my understanding, ESP would probably not help? Like, it severs the mind from its surroundings. Blocking the senses might be the effect, but since the cause is just that mind severing business I don't think ESP would be exempt from it.

Puck should have size manipulation on his profile, he can make himself the size of someone’s palm and also hundreds of feet big.

Keeping in mind that tiny puck is a very hard target to hit.

Back