• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roland Deschain vs Seishirou Shishirui (Cowboy Samurai Action)

Basically you are incapable of finding your direction due to a status effect. GPS cannot overtake this since it manips tech too.

However Seishorou doesn’t use it in character irrc. He would mostly face him in a 1 on 1 duel.

Thanks.

Then I recon Roland shoots and wins. His speed in general is much faster than Seishirou and his gun negate Regeneration up to High-Godly. I think it might be best to equalize speed to give Seishirou a better chance.

oh shit I just remembered Seishorou is only superhuman lol. Speed is equal.

With that out of the way, Seishorou has the general AP advantage here with <0.20 tons at his strongest. He has some stupid energy drain to compliment that.

Can I get some more details on the guns' negation? More specifically, does he need to perform a lethal wound and the gun merely stops regen? Because that could get difficult with the 4x AP gap.

Also, how bullshit is his telepathy? Would it let Roland pretty much immune to Seishirou's attacks by being able to start dodging before Seishirou even thinks to attack?

If those are both reasonable, Seishirou's boon would be his bullshit stamina drain, but (as the profile currently is) that requires contact. I noticed that Roland's feats are mostly surviving without food/water and fighting while injured. Do we know if he was always awake during that 8-day desert walk? If he wasn't, does he have any other endurance feats that would make him comparable to someone who ran for 10 hours without rest? Because Seishirou made someone like that unable to keep fighting after only a few brief moments of contact.

Can I get some more details on the guns' negation? More specifically, does he need to perform a lethal wound and the gun merely stops regen?
Irrc (from other threads) yes. He shoots wounds you cannot regen from.

Also, how bullshit is his telepathy? Would it let Roland pretty much immune to Seishirou's attacks by being able to start dodging before Seishirou even thinks to attack?
The precog is semi-wack. He’ll know where Seish will be attacking however judging from other threads this doesn’t make Roland untouchable. He can’t spam the ability,so it will likely give him a bit of an edge when avoiding Seish’s punches rather than allow him to completely god stomp him.

His skill and marksmanship is leagues above whatever anyone within the monogatari verse can offer. Being able to shoot bullets off mid-air and what not.

Because Seishirou made someone like that unable to keep fighting after only a few brief moments of contact.
Seishorou would 1 shot in a physical confrontation,the energy drain is just extra zest rather than a big edge.

His skill and marksmanship is leagues above whatever anyone within the monogatari verse can offer. Being able to shoot bullets off mid-air and what not.

But if that's mostly in marksmanship I wonder how well that'd translate to actually being able to keep a distance from Seishirou, or consistently avoid Seishirou's attacks if he got close.

Seishorou would 1 shot in a physical confrontation,the energy drain is just extra zest rather than a big edge.

Ehh 4x is very overwhelming but probably not quite in one-shot territory.

EDIT: nvm lol I forgot that Roland only has 9-B dura. Back to the unedited post:

Seishirou doesn't really have a way to close a gap, but since it takes place in the old cram school, they wouldn't start too far apart, and there'd be a lot of cover.

Roland would probably be best off trying to gain some distance from the building, but Seishirou would likely notice that and be able to follow at an equal speed.

Even if Roland's marksmanship was bullshit to have him accurately shooting behind himself while running (which I wouldn't really expect), I sorta feel like Seishirou would still be able to close the gap, even if Roland lands a few shots which are unlikely to be lethal, especially if Seishirou becomes a ghostly suit of armor. With Seishirou being able to go in for the kill once the gap's closed.

Things may play out differently in a location like a desert, especially if they start hundreds of meters or kilometers apart, and especially if Roland would end up having a fuckton of ammo on him. But under these stipulations, Seishirou would win, so he gets my vote.

(Also when I get around to the revisions Seishirou would completely shitstomp no matter what)

Also when I get around to the revisions Seishirou would completely shitstomp no matter what)
what do you mean he’s a complete idiot

You are really underestimating the BS factor of Deschain. Not only can he fire his revolvers like machineguns,making them some how perfectly replicate automatic rates of fire. Here’s quoting MrKing

Roland can shoot his own bullets in midair in order to redirect them, and managed to shoot two Twizzler-sized crucifixes that the preaching woman in Tull was holding while she was in the middle of shaking them at him. He's also casually shot through a sniper scope before.

Leagues above him in skill as well.

Roland also has him beat in actual battle strategy; The man was already outsmarting John Farson's men by the time he was in his late teens and was leading troops in battle before he had even made it to thirty, and since then he's been travelling Mid-World and killing people, beasts and robots for over three hundred years.

He also knows his exact location with his tracking skills. So he won’t be out of sight where Roland’s bullets won’t be able to whittle him down.

******* text keeps getting deleted

EDITED:

also you said Seish had a 4x AP advantage when the only number that is 9-A is 0.12 tons from Deschain. Learn to math owo.

Last edited:
what do you mean he’s a complete idiot

No matter how much of an idiot he is, when he has elemental intangibility, teleportation, building-range absorption, EE, and summons that would also one-shot, he's not gonna lose.

You are really underestimating the BS factor of Deschain. Not only can he fire his revolvers like machineguns,making them some how perfectly replicate automatic rates of fire.

I guess that higher rate of fire would make it more difficult to close in, but I don't think it'd quite be enough with speed equal.

Roland can shoot his own bullets in midair in order to redirect them

If this can be done to let him shoot around corners that'd be useful, but such a thing is physically impossible so I'd kinda doubt it.

He also knows his exact location with his tracking skills. So he won’t be out of sight where Roland’s bullets won’t be able to whittle him down.

Huh? How does tracking stop him from utilizing cover?

also you said Seish had a 4x AP advantage when the only number that is 9-A is 0.12 tons from Deschain. Learn to math owo.

Deschain's calc was initially 0.18 tons but that didn't account for hollowness, accounting for hollowness put it at 0.054 tons, roughly a 4x advantage for Seishirou. idk where you got 0.12 tons from. Did you do 30% hollowness instead of 70%?

Did you do 30% hollowness instead of 70%?
my head is 70% hollow in that case

No matter how much of an idiot he is, when he has elemental intangibility, teleportation, building-range absorption, EE, and summons that would also one-shot, he's not gonna lose.
Didn’t he not use any of that when fighting Araragi? The only mentions of combat from him I’ve seen shown him utilizing none of that from the start. In where Roland can just go pew pew still, also if they are magical his 1-B power null would make sure none of that would work(Via the blessing of the white)

If this can be done to let him shoot around corners that'd be useful, but such a thing is physically impossible so I'd kinda doubt it.
It’s fiction,so eh. Impossible is possible.

guess that higher rate of fire would make it more difficult to close in, but I don't think it'd quite be enough with speed equal.
You need certain feats to be able to dodge that with ease irrc. Projectile speed isn’t equal,and as far as I know Seish has never dealt with such a thing before.

E

He also has his pseudo precog and what not. He’ll be able to temporarily dodge some of the hits coming his way while filling Seish with holes at the same time.

Didn’t he not use any of that when fighting Araragi? The only mentions of combat from him I’ve seen shown him utilizing none of that from the start.

Fight against Koyomi/Kanbaru he was initially unconscious & acting instinctively, and later not trying to kill them, but trying to deliver a message to Shinobu. He later summoned an aberration after them to **** with them. Then he wasn't allowed to kill Koyomi because of Ononoki's mark on his face, so he tried tricking him to drink holy water, since it'd technically be Koyomi killing himself. Lastly, he wasn't allowed to use those abilities to just kill Koyomi in front of Gaen/Episode, the rules of the duel required one of them to get a hit with the sword. If he insta-gibbed Araragi he would have gotten killed, and had no choice of joining up with Shinobu or getting Kokorowatari back.

So all of the stuff with Araragi had special circumstances. And with that aside, he was a legendary oddity hunter for many years in his pre-vampire days, and even spent another year fighting with his vampiric abilities.

also if they are magical his 1-B power null would make sure none of that would work(Via the blessing of the white)

We don't equalize random supernatural shit to magic.

It’s fiction,so eh. Impossible is possible.

He’ll know his exact position at all times and just richochet his bullets out of cover.

Right but I wanna know if that was actually done in that fiction.

You need certain feats to be able to dodge that with ease irrc. Projectile speed isn’t equal,and as far as I know Seish has never dealt with such a thing before.

Projectile speed scales to Roland's reaction speed, and that'd be equalized, so Seishirou would be able to make small movements to dodge.

He also has his pseudo precog and what not. He’ll be able to temporarily dodge some of the hits coming his way while filling Seish with holes at the same time.

With a 4x gap I dunno if he'd quite be filling Seishirou with holes.

Last edited:
We don't equalize random supernatural shit to magic.
I mean idk. The word supernatural is sort of akin to that,and most weird shit used in gatari has some sort of blessed or magical properties (Talismans). What’s to say the abilities used by the apparitions are so different?

Right but I wanna know if that was actually done in that fiction.
It was reading from other threads,though I could ask some supporters of the verse. Too bad it’s gone quite for a while now.
Fight against Koyomi/Kanbaru he was initially unconscious, and later not trying to kill them, but trying to deliver a message to Shinobu. He later summoned an aberration after them to **** with them. Then he wasn't allowed to kill Koyomi because of Ononoki's mark on his face, so he tried tricking him to drink holy water, since it'd technically be Koyomi killing himself. Lastly, he wasn't allowed to use those abilities to just kill Koyomi in front of Gaen/Episode, the rules of the duel required one of them to get a hit with the sword. If he insta-gibbed Araragi he would have gotten killed, and had no choice of joining up with Shinobu or getting Kokorowatari back.
Ahh,fair in that case. But his weakness is specifically being reckless and ignoring defense no. That would leave him open to someone like Deschain’s attacks.

Projectile speed scales to Roland's reaction speed, and that'd be equalized, so Seishirou would be able to make small movements to dodge.
Of bullets from an extremely skilled gunslinger who has pinpoint accuracy from extreme distances with a near automatic fire rate and instinctive reactions?That 0.05 ton rating is coming at automatic speeds,meaning it will just punch through the armor easily by simply overloading it with its rate of fire. It would be hard at the very least for Seishorou to come out completely unscathed,and if he is shot in the knees he would be crippled.
With a 4x gap I dunno if he'd quite be filling Seishirou with holes.
Tbf that 4x AP gap is made up quite easily with his guns. Piercing and automatic fire rate will help cover the power gap between each other

I mean idk. The word supernatural is sort of akin to that,and most weird shit used in gatari has some sort of blessed or magical properties (Talismans). What’s to say the abilities used by the apparitions are so different?

It's just not in the same general category of stuff, so we don't equalize it. I don't know a better way to explain it. Vampires, wizards, martial artists utilizing ki, and futuristic technologies are all broadly different categories that we don't equalize between.

But his weakness is specifically being reckless and ignoring defense no. That would leave him open to someone like Deschain’s attacks.

Oh shit true, but I feel like that's something he'd change mid-battle, if that makes any sense. Canonically he basically got one-shot, but I feel like he's smart enough to be able to figure out "Shit, I'm not regenerating from these, **** **** ****" and change tactics.

Of bullets from an extremely skilled gunslinger who has pinpoint accuracy from extreme distances with a near automatic fire rate and instinctive reactions?That 0.05 ton rating is coming at automatic speeds,meaning it will just punch through the armor easily by simply overloading it with its rate of fire. It would be hard at the very least for Seishorou to come out completely unscathed,and if he is shot in the knees he would be crippled.

Tbf that 4x AP gap is made up quite easily with his guns. Piercing and automatic fire rate will help cover the power gap between each other

I'm not sure if the projectiles being bullet-sized would be THAT impactful at these sorts of tiers, but it's hard to say ig.

Oh shit true, but I feel like that's something he'd change mid-battle, if that makes any sense. Canonically he basically got one-shot, but I feel like he's smart enough to be able to figure out "Shit, I'm not regenerating from these, **** **** ****" and change tactics.
Tbh that’s really late to change tactics lmao. Roland would have already shoved a bunch of fully automatic 0.05 ton rounds in his face.

I'm not sure if the projectiles being bullet-sized would be THAT impactful at these sorts of tiers, but it's hard to say ig.
It’s how armor piercing SMG’s work irl irrc. They simply overwhelm the wear with sheer fire rate. I’m sure the same thing would happen between Seish’s armor and Roland’s revolvers.

Back