• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Riddler faces another genius superhero

Looks like tattle wins because he literally can't hurt her armor at all without explosions and her powers would easily tell her about literally all his explosions with months of prep time. He doesn't reach wall level without explosions and he's only human durability, her armor is wall.

Looks like tattle wins because he literally can't hurt her armor at all without explosions and her powers would easily tell her about literally all his explosions with months of prep time. He doesn't reach wall level without explosions and he's only human durability, her armor is wall.
Should I remove her prep time?

Also keep in mind that both are fully in-character and Riddler would likely create a convoluted riddle for her to solve all while being in the safety of his hideout, before flooding Gotham.

Basically just imagine the Batman movie but Tattletale is in Batman's place

You've watched it, right?

Nah. I only know the parahumans character here, basing riddler off his profile. Not a fan of DC movies. His profile says he can't really harm her in any practical way and her power makes his impractical stuff basically unuseable.
She gets massive migraines if she tries to use her power too much in a short time and is noted to specifically struggle to predict humans so removing prep time probably screws her too much. Her most impressive feat on profile (convicing one of the giant invincible kaiju to be nice) is beyond where I've read unless I skip forward to that bit and I just don't like tattle enough to bother. Maybe her power later is a lot better than earlier. But looking at her profile it doesn't look like it.

Remove the prep time and she basically can't win because she'll get migraines trying to find him in such a short time with her power.
Keep it and she finds and shoots him easily, completely ignoring his riddles because she has magical 'fills in the blanks' powers. She has literally 0 reason to bother with them, all he's doing is giving her fuel for her power to turn into answers.

Remove the prep time and she basically can't win because she'll get migraines trying to find him in such a short time with her power.
I mean keep in mind as I said, Riddler won't immediately go for the kill and would likely toy with her all while just going along and killing off other people he would rather be killing. She may have a time limit but at least it's decently forgiving

More people just means her power struggles more. The fight is incredibly vague now (I have no idea how long he'd 'toy' with 'x' number of people). Seems like an incon just through everything being too vaguely defined now.
Logically all she'd really need to do to find him is write on her computer (which isn't in her standard equipment for some reason) every district of gotham is his hideout, then her power would narrow it down, then just repeat that to find him. Shouldn't take long at all. But that's not how she acts IC since bitch insisted she has to be field ops for some stupid reason. So she doesn't use her power logicially. Hard to say how long she'd take to bother to use her power right, how much she can use it in a small period of time (because all parahuman power limits are way too vaguely defined) before she has migraines/power issues and how long the other dude would toy with an undefined number of people at an undefined distance from her.
Like if there's no prep time and they're far enough away, she may be phyisically incapable of reaching him intime for any of this to matter.
She may just then decide to not bother going to him, because her power let her intuit its suicide. Then what's riddler do?
Oh and stand on a tall building. I don't see any thinker dying to a flood they can predict in advance.

Then what's riddler do?
Be sad because he doesn't get to show off his ingenious plan

(I have no idea how long he'd 'toy' with 'x' number of people)
Kill people with intricate methods and post the murder on social media. Call the superhero he wants to toy with in the video and give them a bunch of riddles in the crime scene. He outed himself when his real target (This big scandalous mob boss) is brought out and right in front of the guy's hideout.
she may be phyisically incapable of reaching him intime
No... Batman got like a whole week to figure out what was happening

I mean she's not a superhero so I don't think she's going to care about literally any of that.
What's batman got to do with anything? Question was is if she got preptime or not. Didn't say you were scaling to batman.

Way I see it either her power can intuit enough to negate his traps/decide not to fight him in his base, then its incon or she wins depending on what he does.
Or her power can't intuit enough and she dies because she's fairly basic human with a nice suit.

What's batman got to do with anything?
You said she can't physically reach him. A week should be enough time to get to him eventually, right?
Way I see it either her power can intuit enough to negate his traps/decide not to fight him in his base, then its incon or she wins depending on what he does.
Or her power can't intuit enough and she dies because she's fairly basic human with a nice suit.
Ah, so incon?

OP says its gotham 'with all the cops and villains' and she's just human with a gun and suit, it could easily take longer than a week to reach him. She could feasibly run out of ammo halfway there
But yea incon.

Tattletale's power once told her about details of people who walked on a single dirty part of a floor in the past week or something because she looked/glanced at it. Heck, she figured out Taylor's location just because Taylor emailed her. That was all it took to figure out her exact location, is Taylor sending her an email once.

If Riddler is gonna toy with her and taunt her, especially if he has a camera on him to show himself on a monitor or something in the are of one of his riddles, idk how this Riddler operates, then that's even more info work off of. But regardless, Tattletale is going to find him, her power is able to extract too much for that not to be a thing

Starting distance is 500 meters

This implies that at the start of the fight, they will be 500 meters away. It really would not take a week for her to cover 500 meters. And considering her power, she should be able to easily either
1) Get anyone who tries to **** with her to **** off
2) Get people to help her
3) Avoid the worst of it

She managed to hide the fact of her stealing some of Coil's money from Coil himself, who regularly uses his power to torture simulated versions of people to get info, and just get info the "normal" way as well. Honestly she could feasibly find his location, steal enough money for a taxi, get dropped off near Riddler's location, and then go from there. All of this could be pretty easily done even without assuming they're only 500 meters apart tbh

She managed to hide the fact of her stealing some of Coil's money from Coil himself, who regularly uses his power to torture simulated versions of people to get info, and just get info the "normal" way as well. Honestly she could feasibly find his location, steal enough money for a taxi, get dropped off near Riddler's location, and then go from there.
OK. There is also the problem of recovery time since I've been told that she is gets headaches when using her powers too many times. Remember, she still has to use them to find Riddler's place

She accomplishes a lot of what she does without overusing her power, as she tends to use it bursts of a couple seconds, and well, i'm sure you've heard/seen what she can do with just that. There's also the part where if her Shard plays nice, it just straight up won't give her headaches and let her use her power much longer. Can't say for certain if that'll happen here, but it might due to this being a potentially interesting time to see how Tattletale maneuvers around a complicated riddle game or whatever. Even if she does get a headache, she can also just straight up push through it if she needs to. She's only really incapacitated when it becomes a full on migraine

Yeah, voting Tattletale. Heck, this is all assuming Tattletale does it relatively alone. She could also just hire assassins with money she steals, or even straight up dox Riddler lmao. Tip off police to his exact coordinates. She can do a lot.

Not if she uses her powers too much, but if she pushes them too far. Which could or could not happen if she's having to use her powers on a guy with 6 month prep who specializes in tricking people and has tons of resources.
If outside help is allowed (op just says everyone is there, not that the characters can actively make use of them), that's even more reason for her to lose. He's the one with 6 month prep time, resources, followers, each of which can be carrying weapons. Going off profile anyways. It says he has a following. Feels unfair for him to get so much prep time in his own turf.
Her power isn't so infallible it instantly removes all logistics, and this is putting all the logistical advantages firmly in his favor. They're baseline humans, more or less, so logistics matter. She can't even bring more guns or anything because she has 0 prep time and is 500 meters from him (and presumably his squad, and maybe his explosions)

In his last statement they mentioned that Riddler's amount of prep time could be too unfair. Tattletale isn't one to go into a fight without bringing some kind of trump card. Assuming she starts out in the Undersider's base, she could very easily bring someone else with her. And she would most likely do that, especially if some random guy starts a fight with her. (This is all working off of the assumption that she has to go to the meeting place for the fight.) And if she did go alone, she would make sure that at least one or two of her allies were close by.

Not if she uses her powers too much, but if she pushes them too far. Which could or could not happen if she's having to use her powers on a guy with 6 month prep who specializes in tricking people and has tons of resources.
Her power isn't so infallible it instantly removes all logistics, and this is putting all the logistical advantages firmly in his favor.
Im' gonna be honest, 6 months of prep isn't enough for him to not be found by Tattletale. Consider again she pinpointed Taylor's exact location because she sent her a single email, an email that had no info on her location. Or the time a bunch of hidden cameras got placed and she instantly knew where each one was, and pointedly waved at them. Also looks at a floor on a security camera and her power starts telling her the personal lives of everyone whos stepped on it that day. Sure it's not infallible, but that doesn't matter here. Not when her power has handled stuff much more complicated than finding a dude 500 meters (1500-1600 feet) away, and has told her how to avoid a lot more than some potential traps.

"Specializes in tricking people" means next to nothing here, especially just with the feats I listed here. But have some more just cause:
Getting a password/combination out of basically thin air
Tattletale bent down and looked at the device that hung around Cherish’s neck.
“Small explosive, combination lock. A bit paranoid?"
“No such thing as too paranoid,” Cherish said, glaring. [...]
“Can’t have that,” Tattletale said. Changing the topic, she asked, “You like computers?”
“Computers?” Cherish startled. She seemed to intuit what Tattletale was doing. “Not saying.”
“Clever girl, but even that’s enough of a clue. Let’s see… four, five, four five.” Tattletale tugged on the lock. “Nope. Three, seven, three, seven.”
The lock popped open. Cherish’s eyes opened wide.

Getting a read on someone's personality, problems, and attitude from a few words of interaction
“Barrels of fun,” the boy spoke, in a tone that might have been sarcastic, or might have been disinterested. His eyes met hers.
Disinterest or affected disinterest, lack of engagement, lack of pupil dilation or contraction coinciding with eye contact: limited emotional depth, deeply repressed emotions and/or depression. Sociopath.

Analyzing an Endbringer
she could imagine Grue shouting at her, “Something we can use!” and that was nudge enough to get her to focus her efforts. “Weak points.”
No vulnerable organs, hyper durable tissues: simple organs exist at core of torso, where there is highest amount of surrounding tissues. Optimal thickness of layer and narrowness of body part at upper arms, just before shoulder joint, and upper thighs, just below hip joint.
Something she – everyone – could use. She pressed the button for the communicator on her armband, “He’s got weak points, sort of. He’ll take the most damage at the arm-“
Leviathan, nonstandard cardiac, nervous systems: irregular biology. No standard organs or weak points. No brain, heart or center of operations for rest of his body.
Irregular biology, no vulnerable organs: body divided into layers, extending down to hyperdurable core body, each layer down is slightly more than twice as durable as previous. Exterior skin is hard as aluminum alloy, but flexible, lets him move. 3% deeper in toward core of arms, legs, claws, tail, or .5% in toward core of head, trunk, neck, tissues are hard as steel. 6% in toward core of extremities or 1% toward core of main body/head, tissues strong as tungsten. 9% toward core of extremities, 1.5% toward core of main body, head, tissues strong as boron. 12%-

Lisa also figured out the truth behind powers and the Entities. Multiple times. Her Shard kept trying to delete it because that's not knowledge she should have/figure out, but she kept doing it.
There was a block there. She felt it slide out of her mind’s eye, caught herself.

She turned her attention to the surroundings, the underlying ideas.

“Aidan? Describe it to me. I don’t know what you drew.”

“Those are kind of like fish, or worms, or whales, but they fold and unfold in ways that are hard to understand, and there’s stuff falling off them. Those are stars, and-“

Tattletale felt something fall into place.

As though a floodgate had opened, the pieces started coming together. She stood from the desk, striding across the room.

There were still gaps in her work on the boards, where she was outlining everything, trying to decipher the underlying questions. Now, she began unpinning things from the board.

She was remembering, and she was putting it together, now. There was a block, but she’d formed enough connections now that things were going around the block.

The whole. The idea had stuck with her.

All powers fed back into a greater whole, each was a piece of a greater construct.

Can't forget she also managed to work around Coil's power, which lets him play out 2 timelines and pick which one he likes more. She successfully was funneling money out from him and turning his mercenaries against him, and he never found out. Not until it was too late.

If outside help is allowed (op just says everyone is there, not that the characters can actively make use of them), that's even more reason for her to lose
Why? She would have the advantage by being able to find him pretty quickly, or have a good estimate at worst, and then tip off the police and FBI. There's even a chance for her to convince some of his people to her side. She did it with a lot of Coil's mercs.

I personally think you're kinda downplaying/underestimating Tattletale's power here. I don't see anything about this that is more difficult than anything else she's done or figured out.

Last edited:
Back