• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Richter Belmont vs Sephiroth - VSBW Style! 2-0-7

Prolly Ninja'd on this but anyway.

Speed is equalised. Richter is 4-A. Sephiroth is in Advent Children key at 4-A. SBA otherwise

You don't belong in this world!: 2

I will......never be a memory: 0

Incon: 7

Last edited:
Well Seph's got Dura Negation so there's that, how high into 4-A is Seph here? Richter should have a scaling chain but I'm not too familiar with the tier 4 one for Castlevania

Well Seph's got Dura Negation so there's that, how high into 4-A is Seph here? Richter should have a scaling chain but I'm not too familiar with the tier 4 one for Castlevania
Well considering this is Advent Children Seph I believe

Safer Sephiroth < FF7 Cloud <<< Advent Children Cloud <<<< Advent Children Sephiroth

Aight, Richter is stated to be the most powerful Belmont at the time until Julius came along so after looking it over I'd say its kinda like this

Richter (Symphony of the Night) > Richter (Rondo of Blood) >> Dracula (RoB) >> Trevor/Simon >> Dracula (CV1 and 3) >> Leon Belmont > Death >= Brauner who can perform a 4-A feat.

Again I'm not entirely certain with tier 4 for CV, tier 2 is a lot more clear cut

Well, I can try to help with that. How can you measure it in general?
Hax can be measured in 2 ways
1st is by the scale of said hax luke skywalker's mind hax is considerd impressive Because it mind haxxed a whole universal
2nd one is measured by how many resistances did it bypass like yogiri's death hax is considerd impressive Because it bapassed 20 or so layers of resistance

EDIT: Took a better look at Richter's profile, and both seem to resist each other's haxes. Some of Sephy's abilities still work (such as elemental spells), but as a way to deal damage and such. You know... this seems to be a rare scenario of who's a better fighter between their slashing and whipping (tried my best to not make that sound suggestive, apologies for my failure) and not who can end the fight instantly with a broken skill. That's... actually pretty exciting.

Gotcha, had heard of how many people you can affect, but thought that only helped measure Mind Manipulation and such.

AC Sephiroth never displayed any abilities in AC, but that was plot justified CIS, on one hand he was completely dominating his only fight with only his swordplay and it was explained in the tie in novel that he had created an obession with Cloud, so during the fight he was focused on torturing him rather than winning. That said, most of his abilities seem to be "baseline" as they only have been used on people that have no resistance to them, or in gameplay you can defend against with the proper setups, so I think if Richter resists them they shouldn't work. The only one that seems to bypass Resistances is Heartless Angel which affects the party despite them enduring the Lifestream. Sephiroth's Resistances on the other hand are pretty strong due to the first criteria Zencha mentioned. But on the offensive side, it's a better bet to look for what is not resisted by Richter.

Last edited:
Well considering that Richter can resist Dracula's hax and 4D passives I'd wager he'll resist most of Seph's hax, assuming he doesn't get passively nulled by the Vampire Killer. It should be fine though as Seph iirc favours the blade a lot more than his magic.

Even if it wasn't 4D resistance or big scale like that, Richter would still be okay against' Sephy's offensive haxes with something as simple as a Fire Charm

Frig, this is a new can of worms I have to research in Final Fantasy VII later on how potent haxes are. Thanks for the heads up. I mean, it may just be baseline and no big changes and no big deal, but if there is something more to it I can't slack off on it. For now, let's consider Sephy's hax baseline, so Richter's resistances pretty much no-sell them.

Regarding the Power Null, Sephiroth can endure the Lifestream trying to erode and erase his Spirit, which contains his soul, mind, individuality which are a person's source of power and as Sephy's magic also comes from his spirit thanks to the knowledge he absorbed from the Lifestream, this would include Magic, Spirit Energy (essentially the Ki/Chakra/Cosmo/Nen/Reiki of FFVII) and Psychic Abilities. So he should be alright against Power Nullification and be able to fight

Fair enough, Vampire Killer's Power Null iirc required Belmonts to beat Dracula to death and null him when he became a disembodied soul. Assuming Seph can resist the Lifestream that seems kinda on par there

Back