• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisiting Black Flash's EE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Introductio

This proposal was made before and decided to be put on hold, however I do not think now that this was a wise choice. In that thread we decided to wait for explicit confirmation of how Eobard returned before deciding if Black Flash should have EE or not but, if it hasn't been explained yet how do we know it will get explained soon? I think it would be better to decide things right now instead of waiting for information that isn't even likely to come anytime in the future.

This thread aims to show why Black Flash should have existence erasure and before I go into my reasonings for this I would like to talk about some context here:

The Reverse Flash appeared as an antagonist in Legends of tomorrow, recruiting villains for an initially unknown plan and constantly creating trouble across several time periods. This is after Eddy, Eobard's ancestor sacrificed himself to erase Eobard from Existence in the Flash, meaning Eobard isn't supposed to exist anymore. Because of this reason Eobard is being chased across time by Black Flash, a servant of the Speed Force. Eobard goes through great lengths to avoid being captured by him but ultimately, Black Flash grabs hold of him and does this.

With that out of the way let's go into the revision

Revision

Eobard's End
The scene of Black Flash and Eobard I linked earlier is what I ask you to take a close look at and then compare it to another from the Flash

You can see that the Flash scene and LoT scene are identical to each other, this is relevant because the former is a confirmed instance of existence erasure in the Arrowverse. The context behind both scenes are also closely tied to each other meaning it is highly unlikely that this is just a mere coincidence. So yeah the process of Black Flash destroying something is the same as a temporal paradox erasing someone from existence.

Eobard's Situatio
There are also a few things that reinforce the notion of BF erasing Eobard here.

First off, is how BF's pursuit of Eobard was described within the show. In the episode "Legion of Doom" there is a conversation between the Legends that explains things about Eobard, mainly his motivations and in that conversation an interesting piece of dialogue comes up

"If Thawne ceased to exist the moment his great-great-whatever killed himself, then, maybe, he has to keep moving in order for his own nonexistence not to catch up with him."

what does this mean? Well it could be just a guy coming up with a crazy speculation that is ultimately supposed to be meaningless…OR if we look at it from a story standpoint, this dialogue serves a purpose, and that purpose is to provide insight on what kind of situation Eobard is in. keeping that in mind I think what we are supposed to take away from this line is "Eobard is in danger of becoming non-existent, which is what motivates his plans".

Black Flash's Role
Speaking of BF's pursuit, why is he chasing Eobard exactly? It's because, as is evident from the story, Eobard isn't supposed to exist after his ancestor shot himself and so the Black Flash was dispatched by the Speed Force to fix this issue.

Now if your role as assigned by a fundamental part of the Multiverse is to fix the issue of someone existing despite never having been born, then I don't think it's a stretch to assume that your objective is to make that person, well," not exist any more". Also remember that the issue is that Eobard exists despite never having been born, so just killing him wouldn't solve anything, him being erased is what would be necessary, because simply dying still means you existed without someone to bring you into existence.

I am not sure if either of the last two points prove EE on their own, but together with the rest of the argument I think they provide a strong case for Black Flash to have Existence Erasure.

Eobard's Regen?
Last thing, there was an argument made in the previous thread against this which I would like to refute

"If Black had EE Eobard would have to have Mid-Godly"

He won't. Eobard would only have Mid-Godly if he actually regenerated from what Black Flash did to him. And unless Eobard has the Mid-High regen required for surviving what is at bare minimum being turned to vapor…he didn't regenerate from this and so Black Flash having EE wouldn't mean Eobard has mid-godly.

Summary
So to summarize everything "Eobard is in danger of being erased from existence when running from Black Flash whose job is to ensure that Eobard doesn't exist and when he's finally caught, Black Flash destroys him in a manner that perfectly mimimcs a confirmed instance of EE in the verse". I think the implication is clear that Black Flash erased Eobard from existence.

I think you got enough inputs and at the very least, the staffs'.

Well, I would prefer to at least wait for Ant and ByAsura before implementing this.

Andytrenom said:
Well, I would prefer to at least wait for Ant and ByAsura before implementing this.
The, I think that it is better to ask for their inputs then wait.

I think that this seems fine to apply.

I am fine with closing it if there is nothing left to do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back