• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Revisions to some Black Clover calculations

Making it clear from the beginning that the only purpose of the post is to talk about the calculations that I will list them, nothing more, without distorting the OP with other subjects, if you do not have something to add on the question of calculations, please, just follow the OP, thanks in advance.

Calc 1: Power of Siscon
Starting with this calculation, his problem is not the math or context, but the pixel scale that is very inaccurate and wrong
Jmc7jNg.png
Take a good look at this scan where he uses it to measure the primary distance between the beam and Yami's black sphere.
The biggest problem with this is the angle, the attack is coming diagonally, while Yami and Asta are vertical. In the calculation, the author uses the height of Asta to find the value of 1 px, but, notice that Asta is vertical, while he measures the distance of the attack diagonally, then, this is not the distance between the beam and the sphere black, what is being calculated is the height the attack is, basically it would be this here:
SU8p79p.png

We also have the question of using the other image to find the minimum distance that the attack has traveled, and this has already been discussed about this calculation and rejected.​

I tried to think of some other methods to calculate this, the first was using angsize between the attack and Yami, however, I got a negative distance, or else, we calculate the distance between Patolli-Yami and find the time, despite being a low- end, it would be the most accurate way to do this.

Calc 2: Rades Respawns
In the calculation, he finds the diameter of Patolli's aura and then uses the next panels to find the distance traveled by him while he was at the speed of light compared to Rades getting up, however, he has some serious problems with that.
In the first place is the distance he found, where it is totally meaningless compared to the first panel from which Patolli left, here I will make a calculation just to show the minimum distance that he would have crossed.
Now:
  • Skull = 173 px | 39.9 m
  • Distance = 605 px | 139.58 m
  • Screen = 263 px
Skull-Screen
  • D = 39.9 * 263 /(173 * 2 * tan(35deg))
  • D = 43.3 m
To find the real distance, using the Pythagorean formula:
  • Dr = sqrt(139.58² + 43.3²)
  • Dr = 146.14 m
So, this would be the minimum distance that Patolli would be from them, being that in the panel in which the author of the calculation used, Patolli was even more distant.
  • Time = 4.87470569e-7 s
  • Velocity = 3569446.26128 m/s, or 0.01c
That would be the result without counting the distance that Patolli traveled after what I calculated, however, there is still another problem.

In the calculation it is considered that Patolli was moving at the speed of light, which in fact is what it looks like, however, analyzing the scenes better, in fact he was not using the magic of light nor moving at such speed and here I will explain the reason why I find this.
0181-011.png

Realize that he has the aura of light, however, there is no onomatopoeia that appears in all scenes in which the light-moving magic is used, which is essential to prove whether or not he was using such a spell, even when he had just come out of the skull, this onomatopoeia only exists when the light expands from his body and not while he was moving.

Another thing is also:
0203-013.png

When Lemiel uses the spell to move at the speed of light and on the same panel he arrives at the kingdom, remembering that he left the same place as Patolli.

So, the calculation has two problems, so even if we consider that Patolli was still at the speed of light, it still needs to be corrected with a coherent distance.

Calc 3: Patry's Reaction
Feat 1
Basically, he is considering that Patri is changing his trajectory while moving at the speed of light and so, he just finds the distance that Patolli has traveled with the magic of light and then uses it as if it were his reaction.
My problem with this is that it is not possible to know which one came first and also has the fact that it was not only this distance that Patolli moved, since his body was pointed to one side and the other, in a different direction, that is , he moved his whole body which would give a much greater distance moved.
XqNg3p1.png

Feat 2
The problem is already mentioned in the first calculation of Gauche.

Again, try not to distort the OP, if you are going to comment on something that does not add anything, please do not comment.

Last edited:
I suggest to focus on only one calc at a time so it won't get messy

"The biggest problem with this is the angle, the attack is coming diagonally, while Yami and Asta are vertical. In the calculation, the author uses the height of Asta to find the value of"

Fair enough

"I tried to think of some other methods to calculate this, the first was using angsize between the attack and Yami, however, I got a negative distance, or else, we calculate the distance between Patolli-Yami and find the time, despite being a low- end, it would be the most accurate way to do this."

OR, we can simply re-use the first version of this calc as the version was using the sword, which was at the horizontal. That's a way better solution

"We also have the question of using the other image to find the minimum distance that the attack has traveled, and this has already been discussed about this calculation and rejected."

This one is totally different though. Your calc was mainly rejected rejected because of the ridiculous snail speed this calc was doing.

7.9454545454545454545454545454545 meters
to
7.9425352112676056338028169014085 meters

That barely even is a .003 meters difference.

OR, we can simply re-use the first version of this calc as the version was using the sword, which was at the horizontal. That's a way better solution
But using the sword will not change things, since they are on the same layer, the attack is on a different layer, it is above them.
This one is totally different though. Your calc was mainly rejected rejected because of the ridiculous snail speed this calc was doing.

7.9454545454545454545454545454545 meters
to
7.9425352112676056338028169014085 meters

That barely even is a .003 meters difference.
Not really, he was rejected because of the inconsistencies created by the different images, the method I used is the same as yours, first calculating the distance between the radius and Zeldris, then the distance between Zeldris and the top panel, here it is almost the same, but the difference is that you are doing with the radius in relation to the sphere.

I'll start with the first calculation: I'm fine with redoing it with angsizing instead of standard pixel scaling, as I think that makes sense. There's a panel that shows the light sphere and Yami's barrier, along with Finral and Gauche before Gauche intercepts it, so that can help get the distance between the two spheres and angsize the distance between Gauche and Yami's barrier to get the speed at which Gauche moved.

Actually, after I sent that, I learned that Gauche actually teleported in front of Yami's barrier thanks to his Mirror Magic (Mirror Magic can do that), so I don't think that can be calculated.

What can be calculated, though, is Gauche putting his arms in front of him to cast Full Reflection before the ray of light reaches him. I can go ahead and do that and provide what results it yields.

Yes, he teleports and then raises his arms to create the mirror, I will try to find a method for that, although I think it will be very difficult because of the angles.

I'm working on it right now. I can probably get a size for the width of the ray and then angsize the distance between the ray and the barrier in the shot where he fires it. For Gauche's arm-raising part, that should be simple because he raises it at roughly a 90 degree angle.

Yes, I tried to do that, but I got a negative distance, but I think I have a method that will work.

Yes, I also tried 3 different methods and in all of them I got a negative distance, I think the best thing to do is to climb Patolli to Yami and use that distance, it is a low end, but it is the most accurate way of it.

My only issue with that is it could severely lowball the calc in an inaccurate way, due to the light being pretty close to Yami's barrier when Gauche came in. I get why it's being done, as it's difficult otherwise, but that's my take on it.

Yes, but as I mentioned, it has a lot of problems, I got 0.19c (Relativistic), I think we could use this and put something in your profile like '' At least Relativistic '' and mention that this calculation is accurate low end since it is the only way to do this correctly.

I'm trying something out. I'll finish up and put my result in here and get some thoughts on it.

This is what I did. I got 0.13c. I'd like some input on if it works.

Either way, due to the uncertain nature of the Rades calc, I have a proposition. Narratively, there shouldn't be any chance in the Royal Capital arc and EMS arc in terms of power and speed (Royal Capital arc is where the Beginning of Series key ends). This is because Yami literally forced Asta to take a break after the Royal Capital arc since he felt he was overexerting himself. I say we put the EMS arc together with the Beginning of Series key under one key and make it Relativistic.

This should be good, but we need to blog this and it being Relativistic even makes sense with the narrative of the story, being Yami and Patolli Relativistic +, the dimensioning we can discuss in a separate topic.

This should be good, but we need to blog this and it being Relativistic even makes sense with the narrative of the story, being Yami and Patolli Relativistic +, the dimensioning we can discuss in a separate topic.
Can I see the method you used? I want to compare since there was a 0.06c difference

Because I need that instead of the full distance from Gauche, as he had to have put up the mirror where it was before the light reached that spot. Also, I'm using the distance from the light to the mirror, not from Gauche to the mirror.

Because I need that instead of the full distance from Gauche, as he had to have put up the mirror where it was before the light reached that spot. Also, I'm using the distance from the light to the mirror, not from Gauche to the mirror.
That's not what I'm saying.

Gauche already stopped moving when the beam was at that distance from the mirror.

Basically, what you did isn't the distance travelled by the light during the timeframe Gauche moved, but the distance the light still has to do after gauche moved

What you should have done was to find the distance between Yami and Patry, then the distance between beam and the mirror to find the distance travelled by the beam

Gauche already stopped moving when the beam was at that distance from the mirror.

Basically, what you did isn't the distance travelled by the light during the timeframe Gauche moved, but the distance the light still has to do after gauche moved

What you should have done was to find the distance between Yami and Patry, then the distance between beam and the mirror to find the distance travelled by the beam
Do this from a negative distance, but in this case, he can use the end of the screen as far as the beam has traveled, it should also work

I'm assuming that the light was off screen and traveled that distance to the mirror as a low-end, and seeing how much speed it would take for Gauche to put his arms up as it travels that distance.

We can also use the distance the beam traveled, because Gauche had already made the movement and had not yet reached the mirror.

Your idea was good, but I have some problems with the pixels.
First, it’s not possible to measure the entire height of Yami on the panel, it’s not possible to see her entire leg, there’s also Patolli’s pixels, which don’t seem to catch her feet either.
ofrGPgb.png

I mean, the only missing part of it is the feet, the results would still be roughly the same but sure

This looks good, and is consistent with the levels of these characters. Relativistic for characters like Asta and Gauche, Relativistic+ for captain-tier characters like Yami and Patry.
Yes, this is very consistent, I will show other things that make it even more consistent, but this is for another topic.

I mean, the only missing part of it is the feet, the results would still be roughly the same but sure
The problem is that some pixels there completely change things, for example, when I made this method that you used now, with the right pixels, I got a negative distance, in fact, if you scale from the panel to the sphere, you will also have a negative result, this is the biggest difficulty we had using angsize.

Back