• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Resistance & NLF question

Peppypony

She/Her
In my Animasapians verse, characters can counter contact-based hax by blocking them with their shields and weapons. So like if you tried to turn them into liquid, or erasing them, BFR'ing them, etc it won't work. I can imagine it being like how Aura Forcefields in RWBY counter contact-based powers because the forcefield stops it, except in Animasapians it's resistance that stops it instead of a forcefield.

I remember years ago this site agreed that Asriel Dreemurr from Undertale had power null which nullifies the opponent to the point where they can barely even move like and can't even use any of their powers and (correct me if I'm wrong though) I believe the site only changed it to paralysis because it's making the opponent unable to move.

Is this a NLF though? Or would a NLF be assuming it would even work on 1-A hax (only works on a 4-D scale) without any evidence whatsoever?

Several types of hax require to make contact with the target, in which case blocking or parry it is factible; hax doesn't tend to have "weight", so one generally doesn't require great strength to stop them, although one may require some kind of NPI in order to block it.

This doesn't apply if the hax its passive, as they take effect once the requirements (generally being simply within the aoe) are fulfilled.

So what Animasapians has is possible except NPI instead of Resistance? Animasapians does have it's own canonical definition of hax as well so yeah it can be explained pretty clearly in canon

Honestly NPI would make sense considering there are cases where characters actually use their weapons or shields to stop ghosts (who are non-corporeal and intangible) from getting through but can't interact with them in any other way.

Back