• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Renaming character pages to their verse name than the debuted entry

Bobsican

He/Him
Because of a recent CRT, it's now a Editing Rule to usually clarify a character's name if needed in case it's the same or too similar to others by the name of their verse, rather than their respective entry they debuted on, beyond some exceptions as the rule clarifies. That being said, report here any pages you find suspicious of breaking this standard.

For example:

Shinza Banshou: Several pages clearly clarify by the debuted entry, rather than the series when it doesn't meet any criteria to do otherwise.

Blazblue: Same as above

Interesting, I was going to add a series in the future which is a non-canon spinoff, so would that mean I type the series the character originates from the spinoff title in their page name as opposed to the main series?

Interesting, I was going to add a series in the future which is a non-canon spinoff, so would that mean I type the series the character originates from the spinoff title in their page name as opposed to the main series?
Only if they would overlap name-wise otherwise with the main canon.

Because of a recent CRT, it's now a Editing Rule to usually clarify a character's name if needed in case it's the same or too similar to others by the name of their verse, rather than their respective entry they debuted on, beyond some exceptions as the rule clarifies. That being said, report here any pages you find suspicious of breaking this standard.

For example:

Shinza Banshou: Several pages clearly clarify by the debuted entry, rather than the series when it doesn't meet any criteria to do otherwise.

Blazblue: Same as above
Sorry Shinza does not break this rule, the names are distinct and it is still part of the single storyline and all is canon as far as i know
And the ones that are affected which will be kajiri kamui kagura characters, they are separated in where they should be already. Even though they are same characters they happened in different realities.
Or you mean we should add (KKK, Paradise lost, patheon, avesta of black of white) to each reality in which the character appeared? cause i think that is on their page already

Sorry Shinza does not break this rule, the names are distinct and it is still part of the single storyline and all is canon as far as i know
And the ones that are affected which will be kajiri kamui kagura characters, they are separated in where they should be already. Even though they are same characters they happened in different realities.
Or you mean we should add (KKK, Paradise lost, patheon, avesta of black of white) to each reality in which the character appeared? cause i think that is on their page already
I think you got it backwards, if they are all the same canon and continuity and there's a proper name to the series as a whole, that should be used as the rule outlines, rather than the respective debuted entry for each case.
Only those that don't come from the "main canon" and would otherwise overlap with a existing page of the same verse should be clarified by the debuted entry instead, as the rule clarifies.

Last edited:
I think you got it backwards, if they are all the same canon and continuity and there's a proper name to the series as a whole, that should be used as the rule outlines, rather than the respective debuted entry for each case.
Only those that don't come from the "main canon" and would otherwise overlap with a existing page of the same verse should be clarified by the debuted entry instead, as the rule clarifies.
all four/five entries of the series is canon.
do you mean "shinza banshou" should be added to every character name? Since this is the general name for it in wiki.
but if you are asking for a original name given to the series in general by the author, I doubt there is any. since masadaverse and shinzaverse is a fan something

all four/five entries of the series is canon.
do you mean "shinza banshou" should be added to every character name? Since this is the general name for it in wiki.
but if you are asking for a original name given to the series in general by the author, I doubt there is any. since masadaverse and shinzaverse is a fan something
Yes, I mean that.

However, if it's a fan designation, then that should be pointed out in the verse page, and in that case every page that requires a clarification name-wise should be regarding the respective debuted on entry, as it would go in the same kind of rule Nasuverse abides to.

Basically, currently there's several pages that are named after the debuted entry the character appeared (For example, Sechs (XBlaze)), when now that breaks the standards over naming, so pages like that one have to be renamed to "Sechs (BlazBlue)", for example.
And this applies the other way around, with pages being named after the designation for the verse as a whole when the respective entry fits more.

I see. So, if I made a profile for the Seven Deadly Sins mobile game Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross, would I just put it as (insert character name) (Nanatsu No Taizai) instead of (insert character name) (Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross)?

I see. So, if I made a profile for the Seven Deadly Sins mobile game Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross, would I just put it as (insert character name) (Nanatsu No Taizai) instead of (insert character name) (Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross)?
If the names wouldn't overlap with the same verse, yes, otherwise it's required to specify the entry like how we separate DBGT and DBS Goku.

If the names wouldn't overlap with the same verse, yes, otherwise it's required to specify the entry like how we separate DBGT and DBS Goku.
Ah, I see. SDSGC does have some continuity differences, original characters and the like, so i'd probably have to list it as SDSGC or Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross. Thanks for the clarification.

Well, that only would be required in cases like say, "Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins Grand Cross)" out of the page otherwise overlapping with the "main" one, but original content that doesn't overlap should just have the standard verse designation (in this case, for example, Seven Deadly Sins), assuming the name could be mixed up with another already existent page on the site, otherwise it should just be the sheer name.

Last edited:
Bump.
Can some staff member please ping members that are into Shinza Banshou and BlazBlue? As it seems even what I brought as seemingly blatant cases of breaking the new rule aren't going somewhere.

Also bumping again as the blatant case with Shinza Banshou is pending still.
Can a staff member please ping some of the supporters?

Back