• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I bothered checking, GyroNutz and Cal support it, DRB, DDM and Ant want to remain neutral but with an open mind and you're the only one who doesn't support it at all.

DRB leaned towards Option 1, but was open-minded yes. Ryukama hasn't commented, but Matt also said Ryu supports option 1. Gyro and Cal both support option 2 yes, and I believe so does Super Saiyan God Julian. Saikou hasn't commented, but I think Dragon Master has occasionally commented on Mario threads too.

Also, at least for the time being, I think renaming composite key to Mario Bros was agreed at least, but with input from other staff, we can still debate Option 1 vs Option 2.

Can somebody remind me of the options please?

• Option 1: Keep the Keys as Donkey Kong | Mario Bros. This will be for Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. The stronger DK characters such as K. Rool, Chunky, Funky, and Kiddy will be 6-B scaling from DK. Where as the weaker Kongs such as Dixie, Tiny, Lanky, ect are Low 6-B scaling from Diddy. DK and Diddy are Tier 4 and Massively FTL+ in their Mario keys
  • Option 2: Merge them with the At least, possibly in mind. DK, K Rool, Funky, Chunky are At least 6-B, likely 4-A. Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are At least Low 6-B, possibly 4-A. Lanky and Tiny only scale to the low ends however since they never really fight the big bosses on equal grounds but gameplay makes them more or less comparable to Diddy.
This.

Thank you. I am personally leaning towards agreeing with DRB and Ryukama.

Has Ryu even commented? It seems what he “thinks” stems more from Matt’s claim rather then something he actually said.
Also DRB is more neutral, only leaning to 1 a while back so we still have a stalemate.

Yeah, the option was mostly for the DK cast since they have a lot of characters. Where are very few Wario Land cast; just Golden Diva and Shake King. Wario Land seems more self evident and less controversial to have keys merged. Especially since Wario also has a Low 2-C feat

But I'd like Dino or Ryukama to comment if they're fine with merging those keys before applying it.

That seems fine, yes.

Is somebody willing to update the key titles if necessary?

Okay. Thank you. Some of the Mario profile pages are locked though.

The only ones that needed editing were Diddy Kong and Lanky Kong; which were both taken care of by the looks of it.

Do the keys currently look roughly like this?

Key: Mario Bros | Donkey Kong

Yes. That's what DK and Diddy have; the only ones who get the Mario Bros key. Lanky's was updated to be consistent with the other Kong sidekicks. I think the thread is pretty much concluded at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back