• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Three years ago, a thread was made questioning the validity of this calc. I won't bog down on on the details of that discussion, just simply note that the final say was "The statement is too vague to truly quantify the feat since we don't see the feat being done in action but conveyed through a wall of text." Well, I wish to refute that a little by looking at some things involved with that feat.

I first wish to clear up the fact this is not a mistranslation and that the same thing was said in both 3DS Burst and Burst Re:Newel as seen here

This is the specific quote:

ボールか室内の壁と床を高速で跳ね回る。
まるで銃弾のようだ。
Deepl translates it to: The ball or bounces around the walls and floor of the room at high speed. It looks like a bullet.

Pretty straightfoward right, however let's look at the word for bullet here '銃弾', if it were the general term for bullet it would be '弾丸' but for here it refers to a bullet from a rifle which is a bit more specific than the translation implies. I can only guess that Homura is thinking of this comparing it to bullets from Mirai's rifle, but she could also have had experience with opponents with rifles, there's still nothing to be too sure about.

Another thing I'd like to consider is that ping pong balls aren't exactly that good at holding their momentum when compared to balls that are designed to bounce considering that they are a thin shell of plastic and not made out out of elastic materials that are meant to keep as much momentum as possible. This definitely means that the ball would have been going at very high speeds in order to continuously ricochet around the room for at least 10 seconds (This is based off of timing this playthrough of the ball's sound).

Also there is a way to solve the vagueness of the statement, looking at the possible guns the characters use and using all the guns' muzzle velocities to calculate the reactions. I'll even list some examples:

Mirai
Ryobi's gun: 760 m/s

Now, I had created a calc using these values and more, but I'm not sure if I should show it here since it's going to get nuked to hell with that three year old thread to disprove it if I show it.

Now, when I suggested the idea to use the muzzle velocities of all the possible guns the character would use, I was simply told that the lowest value would end up being the accepted value, but I wish to say that should not be the case. You already have a character casually going at Mach 1.07453 speeds, and considering on incomparison the characters were acting out of surprise, it's dumb and silly to say they reacted below that speed!

And this is a little ranty but there are possible High 3-A feats in Peach Beach Splash, a game where you attack with water guns, characters can do and tank building to city level attacks, and they can create pocket dimensions, but there is no support for the bullet ping pong because "it's too vague"? Honestly, what are we talking about at this point? Senran Kagura at the end of the day isn't the most serious of series, yes it has serious moments but overall it still is a fanservice heavy comedy with characters doing some wacky things. So really if might be better to take the statement at face value as it really doesn't affect too much for stats anyway, most of the values I got in my calc after all were Supersonic anyway.

Last edited:
Majority of those assumptions are incorrect, save for the MAC submachine gun examples (And even then an Uzi or an MP5 would be a considerably better first pick given the MP5's reputation to be used in suitcases and whatnot). First off, an FN P90 is not a rifle, nor is it designed for being carried in an umbrella (Remember, it's a bullpup, they have terrible trigger pull length and putting it in an umbrella would be horrendously counter-intuitive), it was designed specifically for the day Russian Paratroopers came down behind NATO lines and ganged up on supply teams. Second, 8.8 cm KwK 36 and the M1 Abrams' cannon, the Rheinmetal 120mm, are both tank shells, nobody in their right mind would use a tank shell for a Gunbrella. As your scan implies, it is a rifle round, and the most common cartridges for rifles of that mark would be the 7.62x51mm NATO, .308 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield .338 Lapua Magnum and the .50 BMG (Tho this one is a bit more oversized and enters the realm of doubt for usability).

M60 went out of service real ******* quick in favor of the FN MAG/M240. Also the MG42 really isn't all that common anymore thanks to the FN MAG effectively taking over. Not only that, neither the M60, the MAG, MG42 or the PKP Pecheneg are heavy machine guns, they're general-purpose machine guns in the medium category. So actual heavy machine guns would be the DShK and the Browning M2.

Imagine forgetting about the classic M134 Minigun and the infamous BRRRRRRRRRT GAU-8 Avenger.

This one seems more reasonable.

Last edited:
Imagine forgetting about the classic M134 Minigun and the infamous BRRRRRRRRRT GAU-8 Avenger.
The mini-gun supposed to be four to three barreled, so I had to make do with what I could find

Otherwise I'll update the speeds above, although I'm keeping the tank gun muzzle velocities by the way. The characters in the verse are very durable after all, do it would make sense to soup up the gun to have more KE

The mini-gun supposed to be four to three barreled, so I had to make do with what I could find
Then also add in the GAU-19.

Otherwise I'll update the speeds above, although I'm keeping the tank gun muzzle velocities by the way. The characters in the verse are very durable after all, do it would make sense to soup up the gun to have more KE
Yeah no, that's not how we do things here fam, piercing damage is incredibly inconsistent in fiction and that can't be used to scale up the energy of actual real-life rounds at all. Also even regular old bullets ranging above 7.62mm NATO can **** up your surroundings real good.

All in all, tank cannon muzzle velocity is a no-go, PERIOD. Everything else is fine.

I also decided to use anti-materiel rifles instead of tank guns
Leave those as a special circumstance option. Nobody in their right mind would use a Denel anti-materiel rifle as a gunbrella, the recoil and operability is just too extreme.

The same can be applied for the other anti-tank rifles and the anti-materiel rifles honestly.

I will also say that Mirai joined Hebijo because she was bullied a lot, I'm not how I could judge someone's sanity or intelligence if that's the reason they wish to join a hellhole of a school full of psychopaths

Except with you have building level durability
Two words: PIERCING DAMAGE.

Also, Plot-Induced Stupidity.

There are tons of fictional universes where Piercing Damage can prove fatal to even Tier 4 characters cough Wonder Woman cough. Does that mean we also increase the pistol bullet's attack potency? No, of course not, it's just PIS. Same with Thor getting knocked out by a handgun round from a cop.

We never use durability as a justification to wank piercing damage of ordinary bullets or normal mundane weapons that are not made out of unique metals (Like Adamantium, Uru or somesuch).

I will also say that Mirai joined Hebijo because she was bullied a lot, I'm not how I could judge someone's sanity or intelligence if that's the reason they wish to join a hellhole of a school full of psychopaths
I don't see how that would affect the gun velocities to begin with.

Well, wouldn't a bullet pierce better if it were faster?
That's called calc-stacking my friend. Inflating a bullet's speed based on it being able to damage a Tier 4 character is just borderline lunacy, to say nothing of the laws of relativity it would violate.

Simple, she is that insane or dumb enough to use a Denel anti-materiel rifle as a gunbrella!
I have severe doubts over this. Even an insane person would know twice before handling something as insane as a Denel, considering the gun isn't even that common place, common sense would indicate you would use the closest and most common rifle for your needs just because it's a lot less counterintuitive than finding some weird-ass South African anti-materiel rifle used primarily to blow up satellite dishes and such.

Well, I don't know what to tell you, but this gif exists of Mirai:

giphy.gif

Well, I don't know what to tell you, but this gif exists of Mirai:

giphy.gif
That's much better evidence to rely upon, but we need the tank model to find the cannon is using.

Tank looks like a Leopard 2, AKA it'd use this.

And even with that, we need to figure out if the tank was using a kinetic energy penetrator or an explosive shell, since if it's the latter, you could technically just shoot any random bullet at it to make it explode halfway through its journey.

Last edited:
And even with that, we need to figure out if the tank was using a kinetic energy penetrator or an explosive shell, since if it's the latter, you could technically just shoot any random bullet at it to make it explode halfway through its journey.
Wouldn't it be the same speed if it were an explosive round?

Wouldn't it be the same speed if it were an explosive round?
Prolly same speed (Usually lower because HEAT rounds don't need to be delivered with high velocity like kinetic energy rounds which equates to lower recoil) but the HEAT round has a higher chance of just going boom mid-way if a stray bullet were to strike it at the same time.

I was thinking of calcing for momentum

Although, I'm just wondering why the wiki page has the Rheinmetall at a short barrel length
What are you talking about? The barrel length is roughly 5.3 meters in length, the page straight up says it's 5.28 m long.

Back