• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reimu has another accident, but this time the youkai is Dimentio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the potency of Reimu's resistance? While the Moon can affect several people at once, this is only because it's via looking since it's an object and not some kind of ability that is used to affect several people at once. So I'm voting Dimentio since he can affect at least two people at once via snapping.

DatOneWeeb said:
What's the potency of Reimu's resistance? While the Moon can affect several people at once, this is only because it's via looking since it's an object and not some kind of ability that is used to affect several people at once. So I'm voting Dimentio since he can affect at least two people at once via snapping.
That's not entirely true.

The Moon was so bad because it was causing Yokai to go haywire, such as the Faries becoming more active and attacking people.

So, yeah, it's affected WAYYY more than just one or two, it was affecting at least thousands of Yokai.

That's not the point. The moon itself doesn't have a range, since it doesn't use a move or anything. It just passively does it, but is needed via looking. This isn't a ranged mind manipulation feat. Dimentio can affect at least two people, possibly more.

DatOneWeeb said:
That's not the point. The moon itself doesn't have a range, since it doesn't use a move or anything. It just passively does it, but is needed via looking. This isn't a ranged mind manipulation feat. Dimentio can affect at least two people, possibly more.
Range doesn't matter, it's the amount of beings it can Mind hax at once, and the Moon could mind hax thousands of Yokai at once, let alone Humans who went insane or died.

Range equates to how many people it can affect at once. The way it is done is via looking. It doesn't send like a beam or anything. In theory no one can be affected if they don't look at it.

DatOneWeeb said:
Range equates to how many people it can affect at once. The way it is done is via looking. It doesn't send like a beam or anything. In theory no one can be affected if they don't look at it.

I mean, not really, it's if it is AOE or not.

Like, Psions in D&D have Planet level range for their Mind Hax, but they can only mind hax one person at a time.

The Moon could mind hax multiple and did mind hax multiple beings at once, and Reimu and the others still resisted it.

And if you really want range, it goes as far as it fires it's Mind hax light, which would be Solar System distances in a short amount of time.

I won't try to argue if Reimu resists this level of mind hax. What really matters is if it's Dimentio's opening move in this situation.

DatOneWeeb said:
It is his first move. That was what he used on Fracktail, Luigi, O'Chunks, and Mario.
Then why didn't he use it in the "Dimension D" boss fight? And in the fight as Luigi in the Count's castle, if you continually refuse to join him, he then begins the fight without casting the mind control seed. He doesn't plant the seed in the "fertile soil of Luigi's unconscious" until after that fight is over, off screen, even though Luigi beat him then.

Because as I've examined before, the reason why Dimentio doesn't finish it off so easily is because it's literally his plan for Mario to beat Bleck so they do all the work.

DatOneWeeb said:
Because as I've examined before, the reason why Dimentio doesn't finish it off so easily is because it's literally his plan for Mario to beat Bleck so they do all the work.
And then in the final battle, he doesn't just seed all the party members, he'd rather only seed and fuse with Luigi and manually beat the rest down. It might just be that he can't use that many seeds at once, though. But even then, I've seen you say that he can affect at least two people, so why did he only affect Luigi rather than controlling at least one more party member, so the rest would have a harder time beating him once he fuses with Luigi? In this final battle, once he obtains the Chaos Heart, there's no longer a reason for him to hold back.

Dangeroustaco said:
And then in the final battle, he doesn't just seed all the party members, he'd rather only seed and fuse with Luigi and manually beat the rest down. It might just be that he can't use that many seeds at once, though. But even then, I've seen you say that he can affect at least two people, so why did he only affect Luigi rather than controlling at least one more party member, so the rest would have a harder time beating him once he fuses with Luigi? In this final battle, once he obtains the Chaos Heart, there's no longer a reason for him to hold back.
Because he needed Luigi to fuse with the Chaos Heart, he didn't care about everyone else because he finally got the Chaos Heart. Nothing implies Dimentio is limited on sprouts. Why would he need to affect two people to make this fight easier for him? He literally had power to effortlessly beat them prior to betting the Pure Hearts again, he has no reason to do so. It was until the Pure Hearts came back and amped the heroes. Any other time of him not doing so again is just PIS because it's Nintendo, having the villian win is a no-no. Why else do you think the "bad" ending literally just had him doing the simple way out? The bad ending proves it isn't CIS, so overall it's only PIS.

DatOneWeeb said:
Because he needed Luigi to fuse with the Chaos Heart, he didn't care about everyone else because he finally got the Chaos Heart. Nothing implies Dimentio is limited on sprouts. Why would he need to affect two people to make this fight easier for him? He literally had power to effortlessly beat them prior to betting the Pure Hearts again, he has no reason to do so. It was until the Pure Hearts came back and amped the heroes. Any other time of him not doing so again is just PIS because it's Nintendo, having the villain win is a no-no. Why else do you think the "bad" ending literally just had him doing the simple way out? The bad ending proves it isn't CIS, so overall it's only PIS.
So let me get this straight. In the encounter with Mario and Luigi in the castle, he only plants the sprouts if you agree to join him (otherwise, Mario goes on ahead while Luigi gets sprouted after their battle), even though he has the power to take them both under with the sprouts without asking if they want to join him. And in the resulting bad ending, he even has a line where he commands Mario and Luigi to get the Chaos Heart for him. This implies that regardless of the outcome of this encounter, both of them being tricked into sprouts, or Mario continues and just Luigi is sprouted, it doesn't matter to Dimentio, both outcomes will work in his favor to get the Chaos Heart. And as you seem to be trying to establish, Dimentio can just instantly sprout anybody without asking for their alliance, like he can do it against their will, so him pointlessly trying to trick Mario and Luigi first is just PIS, as you established. Now here's the thing. Dimentio has god-like power and is the main antagonist of a single game, whereas Reimu is the main character of her own games and is used to beating up a different god or god-like entity with each new game, so in this encounter, wouldn't PIS come back to haunt him? Even if not, it seems implied that Dimentio prefers to trick people into joining him first before using the sprout, and only resorts to forcefully using it without them wanting to join him if they beat him in a fight. In the case of Fracktail and O'Chunks, they're antagonists that aren't really against Dimentio and are against the party, so maybe it was easier for him to use the sprouts on them? And even still, PIS can make a villain be inconsistent in using their strongest powers, and that was the case for Bill in Gravity Falls. Yet, in the thread where he faced off with Yukari, his inconsistency was the main argument for why Yukari one shots first before he can one shot, even though Yukari is by no means a main character and PIS shouldn't affect an encounter between the two of them, yet Bill's inconsistency still played a role anyway. So how come PIS doesn't affect Dimentio's encounter with Reimu when Dimentio is about as villainous as Bill is and Reimu is much more of a main character than Yukari?

There are a lot of issues here, so I'll go by this piece by peice.

"So let me get this straight. In the encounter with Mario and Luigi in the castle, he only plants the sprouts if you agree to join him (otherwise, Mario goes on ahead while Luigi gets sprouted after their battle), even though he has the power to take them both under with the sprouts without asking if they want to join him. And in the resulting bad ending, he even has a line where he commands Mario and Luigi to get the Chaos Heart for him. This implies that regardless of the outcome of this encounter, both of them being tricked into sprouts, or Mario continues and just Luigi is sprouted, it doesn't matter to Dimentio, both outcomes will work in his favor to get the Chaos Heart."

>It doesn't matter to Dimentio if you join him or not. He knew Mario was going to beat Bleck, since the Dark Prognosticus stated that the man in green will use the Chaos Heart. Again, he literally stated that he let them do all the work. It's the entire reason Dimentio didn't just finish the fights prior.

"And as you seem to be trying to establish, Dimentio can just instantly sprout anybody without asking for their alliance, like he can do it against their will, so him pointlessly trying to trick Mario and Luigi first is just PIS, as you established. Now here's the thing. Dimentio has god-like power and is the main antagonist of a single game, whereas Reimu is the main character of her own games and is used to beating up a different god or god-like entity with each new game, so in this encounter, wouldn't PIS come back to haunt him?"

>No, not at all. This logic is awful. PIS is not counted in matches, a character being affected PIS is simply so the plot can continue, we don't include them in vs matches. Not only that, but your entire logic as to why PIS will affect Dimentio is because he's a god-like character but Reimu fights god-like characters. This again, is bad logic. Not only are you trying to cross-scale two different verses, but Dimentio being an antagonist is literally irrelevant here. We do NOT use PIS here. So no, it wouldn't be included and bite him back.

"Even if not, it seems implied that Dimentio prefers to trick people into joining him first before using the sprout, and only resorts to forcefully using it without them wanting to join him if they beat him in a fight. In the case of Fracktail and O'Chunks, they're antagonists that aren't really against Dimentio and are against the party, so maybe it was easier for him to use the sprouts on them?"

>This is headcanon. Dimentio preferring to trick people into joining was done only once. Every other time he mind controlled was without tricking them and just him doing it. First off, Fracktail is not an antagonist. He was a guardian waiting for Mario so he can give him the Pure Heart until Dimentio mind controlled him. But prior to that, he was a good guy. And nothing implies O'Chunks being a villian makes it easier for him to mind control, he simply snapped and it worked.

"And even still, PIS can make a villain be inconsistent in using their strongest powers, and that was the case for Bill in Gravity Falls. Yet, in the thread where he faced off with Yukari, his inconsistency was the main argument for why Yukari one shots first before he can one shot, even though Yukari is by no means a main character and PIS shouldn't affect an encounter between the two of them, yet Bill's inconsistency still played a role anyway."

>You're confusing PIS with CIS. That's a false equivalent, Bill Cipher is way more inconsistent then Dimentio. A large majority of the time we see Dimentio starting off with mind control. Yukari never one because Dimentio's starting move is inconsistent, that's outright false. She won because apparently her starting move is faster than Dimentio's, what his starting move was wasn't the issue.

"So how come PIS doesn't affect Dimentio's encounter with Reimu when Dimentio is about as villainous as Bill is and Reimu is much more of a main character than Yukari?"

>Because we do not use PIS as a reason as to why a character will win a fight.

Overall your points fall under headcanons, false equivalences, misunderstandings, and using PIS as to why Reimu wins. These arguments don't hold up all that well.

Uniasha said:
what's preventing reimu from sealing dimentio?
Or from using Fantasy Nature? "In character but willing to kill" automatically means any Touhou character will not use spell card rules, even if they normally would, and they'll try to get the match over with quickly by opening with their strongest abilities, and it doesn't even have to be danmaku that they use.

Dangeroustaco said:
Uniasha said:
what's preventing reimu from sealing dimentio?
Or from using Fantasy Nature? "In character but willing to kill" automatically means any Touhou character will not use spell card rules, even if they normally would, and they'll try to get the match over with quickly by opening with their strongest abilities, and it doesn't even have to be danmaku that they use.
what you mean is?

What I mean is that SBA makes it possible for Reimu to open with Fantasy Nature. It's thought-based and faster than a finger snap, the main issue is whether or not Dimentio's sprouts can be cast if he can't see the target.

Dangeroustaco said:
What I mean is that SBA makes it possible for Reimu to open with Fantasy Nature. It's thought-based and faster than a finger snap, the main issue is whether or not Dimentio's sprouts can be cast if he can't see the target.
oh okay

Huh. Never realized she had probability manipulation until now. But I kinda doubt that would be her opening move in this situation when she has Fantasy Nature.

Dangeroustaco said:
Huh. Never realized she had probability manipulation until now. But I kinda doubt that would be her opening move in this situation when she has Fantasy Nature.
i guess so

Wait.. I just now realized the elixir is actually under standard equipment, I was assuming it was optional. Does this mean she automatically has it in threads that don't specify?

Dangeroustaco said:
Wait.. I just now realized the elixir is actually under standard equipment, I was assuming it was optional. Does this mean she automatically has it in threads that don't specify?
yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back