• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regular 9-C Tournament. Round 2 Match 2. Eddie Mora vs Arthur Dane

50 cm starting distance? Damn.

Well, first things first is getting rid of the sword’s reach advantage which is done in two ways, either Eddie steps forward and outskills in melee or he tries to back off to pop off a few rounds. Latter can’t really be done too easily as backing away puts Eddie in the perfect spot to be unable to respond to a magic greatsword coming for his neck so forward is the only way to go.

For some weird ass reason, Arthur has … Below Human level LS? Legit astonished by that. We should probably get that changed cuz he is a trained knight who spends most of his day rocking a 50lbs suit of armor without an issue. As things currently are, Eddie kinda just … takes away Dawn and kills him?

Assuming he doesn’t (cuz that’s just wrong), Eddie can just grapple Arthur to shove a knife in his eye since a suit of plate makes him nigh invulnerable to Eddie in terms of melee. Arthur is definitely carrying a knife too but he won’t be touching Eddie because of the precog and he never goes to the ground as far as we know by virtue of killing everybody before they can even reach him. Regardless, he would be trained in grappling as a knight but his skill level wouldn’t come close to his swordsmanship feats which are his bread and butter.

Gonna wait until Hakim shows up to argue for Arthur but I’m currently leaning on Eddie by dodging pretty much everything with his precog and outskilling in melee, especially with much higher reaction speeds. If they ever do separate and range happens, Eddie caps him with his gun.

Tough one.

Eddie Mora has some advantages with a gun, the same with his intelligence.

For Arthur Dayne, the author said that a fight between Arthur Dayne and prime Barristan Selmy (all his skill feats are mentioned in his profile) should be is a toss-up, but that with Dawn, Arthur Dayne won against prime Barristan Selmy.

For skill and stamina, Arthur Dayne and Barristan Selmy should scale to all of these: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Ser_Hakim_Dayne/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire:_Skill_Feats, and they can beat fighters with higher AP and LS (here are the strength feats of these fighters).

They should also be able to scale to Jaime Lannister, who in his prime considered himself more dangerous than a skilled knight who had dead empty eyes which gave no hint to his intentions (Jaime considered this knight the most dangerous member of Robert's Kingsguard, after him, because of that)

For Arthur Dayne's sword, it's the most powerful bladed weapon in the verse.
In terms of sharpness and durability:
Dawn > Valyrian steel > Qohorik steel > Rhoynar steel > Lordsport-forged steel > all others castle-forged steel in Westeros > Iron > Bronze

Last edited:
For some weird ass reason, Arthur has … Below Human level LS? Legit astonished by that. We should probably get that changed cuz he is a trained knight who spends most of his day rocking a 50lbs suit of armor without an issue.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he can lift 50 kg with his strength.
Arthur is definitely carrying a knife too but he won’t be touching Eddie because of the precog
Well, the only precog mentioned in his profile is this: "and is able to calculate what will happen years in the future"

Yeah, but that doesn't mean he can lift 50 kg with his strength.
I mean he is an athletic human, him not being able to makes no sense.
Well, the only precog mentioned in his profile is this: "and is able to calculate what will happen years in the future"
Senator Eddie precogs the flight path of a sniper round from an NZT user to let it graze him for the headline that he wants while giving a speech, clowned 6 guys in the subway fight without getting tagged until one gets him from behind while suffering from NZT induced blackouts and stumbling around, scales above Brian who could map out three different courses of action in a split second, and Lindy who was able to beat a trained killer using a child (not actually as awful as one might think) after calculating three courses of action in seconds.

I mean he is an athletic human, him not being able to makes no sense.
You can be athletic but not be able to lift 50 kg. Being an athlete does not necessarily mean being a weightlifter.
Senator Eddie precogs the flight path of a sniper round from an NZT user to let it graze him for the headline that he wants while giving a speech
It's quite impressive, but are you talking about that "(Was able to react to a sniper shot, while calculating every possible outcome and who fired it and delivering a speech at the same time)" ?
scales above Brian who could map out three different courses of action in a split second
Yes but is it useful in a fight?

You can be athletic but not be able to lift 50 kg. Being an athlete does not necessarily mean being a weightlifter.
Yeah but a fit kid could lift 50 Kg. Twelve year olds are almost 50 Kg lol
It's quite impressive, but are you talking about that "(Was able to react to a sniper shot, while calculating every possible outcome and who fired it and delivering a speech at the same time)" ?
Yes.
Yes but is it useful in a fight?
Yep. Brian was being chased by the FBI and one course of action was him getting tackled by a patrol cop at the park. Brian’s primary issue is that he doesn’t know how to fight as far as we know and that even if he could, he was trying to escape, something that isn’t helped by getting into unnecessary situations. He typically does investigative work and mastering a bunch of skills. I only brought him up because it shows that Eddie, who can fight, is able to precog three different outcomes on the spot.

do you have a video showing this feat?
Yep. Brian was being chased by the FBI and one course of action was him getting tackled by a patrol cop at the park. Brian’s primary issue is that he doesn’t know how to fight as far as we know and that even if he could, he was trying to escape, something that isn’t helped by getting into unnecessary situations. He typically does investigative work and mastering a bunch of skills. I only brought him up because it shows that Eddie, who can fight, is able to precog three different outcomes on the spot.
I see, rather advantageous, but in any case endurance is to be taken into account too, but hey anyway Eddie Mora has guns

I was talking about the feat with the sniper, but it's still interesting. Even though Eddie can fight, that doesn't mean he can also do what Brian did, when fleeing, in a fight.
1:06 is where the sniper takes NZT, 2:01 is where Eddie noticed the glare of the sniper.
And has Eddie ever faced elite fighters?
Technically no but yes. Eddie learnt to fight by copying the moves he saw when he was younger such as professional boxing matches, self-defence and Bruce Lee movies (this last one always gonna make me crack up). NZT means he scales to everything he can remember.

The fight I’m referencing in case you wanna watch it

1:06 is where the sniper takes NZT, 2:01 is where Eddie noticed the glare of the sniper.
Sadly the video is blocked in my country
Technically no but yes. Eddie learnt to fight by copying the moves he saw when he was younger such as professional boxing matches, self-defence and Bruce Lee movies (this last one always gonna make me crack up). NZT means he scales to everything he can remember.

The fight I’m referencing in case you wanna watch it
Oof

Just saw the movie, and noticed that most of the feats comes from a follow-up short lived tv show (This could be highlighted in the profile BTW)

But yeah, if Eddie maintains the same level of precognition he showed to Robert de Niro in the end of the movie i think he wins over Arthur, although he need to do it quickly, since his body is definitively not made for long fights (He had quite bad lacerations on his hands after the short conflict with the thugs)

although he need to do it quickly, since his body is definitively not made for long fights (He had quite bad lacerations on his hands after the short conflict with the thugs)
So, it means that the preco he used for the sniper bullet is not usable in combat right? Even in the thug fight video he gets hit twice by a thug

He gets hit once from behind and once in the face because that thug (we’ll cal him thug #1) kicked his knee in and this was while he was holding thug #2 in place and slapping thug #3 around.

Based on the Sniper and Carl feat at the end of the movie, Eddie only needs to see you to precog. Dude can glimpse a van out of the corner of his eye to calculate its speed, know the driver is on his phone and will rear end a specific taxi when it’s pulled over for a woman before she has even called the taxi.

And if we take Eddie’s statement of being “50 moves ahead” of everyone? Hoo boy.

Based on the Sniper and Carl feat at the end of the movie, Eddie only needs to see you to precog. Dude can glimpse a van out of the corner of his eye to calculate its speed, know the driver is on his phone and will rear end a specific taxi when it’s pulled over for a woman before she has even called the taxi.

And if we take Eddie’s statement of being “50 moves ahead” of everyone? Hoo boy.
It's cool but it's not applicable in combat because he got hit twice in the subway scene, including once in the face, and in this same scene he shows us no preco, just power mimicry. It only takes Arthur touching him with Dawn once and Eddie is screwed, and he has no way of hurting Arthur with his fists or a knife unless he knows the weak points of plate armor and he can reach them.

The only way Eddie can win this fight is from a distance with a gun.

It's cool but it's not applicable in combat because he got hit twice in the subway scene, including once in the face, and in this same scene he shows us no preco, just power mimicry. It only takes Arthur touching him with Dawn once and Eddie is screwed, and he has no way of hurting Arthur with his fists or a knife unless he knows the weak points of plate armor and he can reach them.

The only way Eddie can win this fight is from a distance with a gun.
Eddie in the subway scene is in the process of undergoing blackouts for the past few hours, is pretty clearly sick, suffering memory loss (with recollection being the main thing with NZT) and finally regains some level of awareness right as he stumbles into the guy who starts pushing him around. For context, the skips make his usual clearheadedness completely shot and the second skip earlier that day resulted in him almost being run over right off the curb. The fight I linked is him being nerfed to hell yet he still only gets tagged from behind.

NZT boosts the users senses to the point that normal users can pick out a single voice out of 100+ people hundreds of meters away and accurately precog things happening within their field of vision that they aren’t even focusing on. That should already tell you how bad Eddie had it in the subway.

I’m also gonna have to point out that the average arm length is 63-65 cm. Even if Arthur steps back as Eddie moves forward, he is gonna be hitting with the guard at best, not the blade. If his arms are in reach, Eddie will grapple and sweep him onto the ground. Considering the large LS gap, this doesn’t end well for Arthur.

I’m also gonna have to point out that the average arm length is 63-65 cm. Even if Arthur steps back as Eddie moves forward, he is gonna be hitting with the guard at best, not the blade. If his arms are in reach, Eddie will grapple and sweep him onto the ground. Considering the large LS gap, this doesn’t end well for Arthur.
The LS gap is absolutely not a problem as the best ASOIAF fighters can face characters with Class 1-5 LS, and nothing in Eddie's profile says he can lift 120 kg tho

Just realised I never said it but I’m voting Eddie based on his enhanced senses, precog, skill and higher LS. I feel I’ve said all I’ve need to on the topic.

And just to get this concluded

Eddie FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back